UT99 Server Setup *Brainstorm* 15/01/15

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
UT99.org

Re: UT99 Best Server Setup *Brainstorm* WIP

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Topic should be moved shortly to another section. I should probably retract my comments on max players per ip, that's not a professional way to do it. It would require a third party patch, and to that I'm not sure which one. I could guess Anth's hex edited file or ADV fix or if they are the same thing then bingo
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

ADV patch info;

http://aluigi.altervista.org/search.php?src=unreal
http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/unsecure-adv.txt
www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30035

will try to tidy post up next few days and slowly move relevant stuff to post#1.

see ya tomoz time for zzZz's
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: UT99 Best Server Setup (Help)

Post by noccer »

Wises wrote:
noccer wrote:
A little tutorial about setting up a UT 99 server on Linux (so far only Debian) is here:

http://utwiki.noccer.de/index.php/Linux ... stallation (German)
be good if translated to english lol.. I guess Google translate may help here.
Have a look at unrealadmin wiki ;) For now i made my wiki german only, but yes i could make some english versions of articles, in future.
Wises wrote: re: fake player mod is just a modified ipserver.u file iirc ;)
^ be warned tho that it empties servers faster then a skunk in a whorehouse (u have been warned)
Unfortunately there are no sarcasm tags at this forum.
Wises wrote: it would be better if you had marked bots in the browser which could be toggled on/ off as players joined.. we did start working on this exact mod a while ago and with a few tweaks it could work quite well..
Why not just use ut standard behaviour since you see the minplayers? OR have the Ubrowser show something like 2/6/16 -2 players, 6 bots, 16 maxplayers- I think that would be the most fair option without cheating at players. I think Gott is the best man for it :D
Wises wrote: I did think having some kinda small !bots cmd which like mapvote could either vote off or on the bots depending on the players at the time but it never was completed.
Great idea, i would like it much ;) I am not sure but i remember there was a mod for UT2004 doing something like this, (not ServerBots) you could ask for bots. I just saw it once. (Oh, it was on an invasion server)

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:/offtopic I wonder if we can get TwitchTV Smilies on these forums. I'm sure a lot of us are familiar with them by now. Kappa being the ultimate sarcasm one Image

noccer wrote: Why not just use ut standard behaviour since you see the minplayers? OR have the Ubrowser show something like 2/6/16 -2 players, 6 bots, 16 maxplayers- I think that would be the most fair option without cheating at players. I think Gott is the best man for it :D
Gametracker.com do a good job of this, using brackets. I think three numbers like you did could be very confusing
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Spoiler
billybill wrote:
noccer wrote: Why not just use ut standard behaviour since you see the minplayers? OR have the Ubrowser show something like 2/6/16 -2 players, 6 bots, 16 maxplayers- I think that would be the most fair option without cheating at players. I think Gott is the best man for it :D
Gametracker.com do a good job of this, using brackets. I think three numbers like you did could be very confusing
Image ON Okay, let me think... 2/6/16 is more confusing than 2(6)/16. Correct. To not confuse you more, we sum everything up and show a 24 only. Image OFF

But right, GT shows what standard ubrowser does not show. Thanks to GOTT Xbrowser does not show http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .211:3800/
ON TOPIC:

Linux Charset Fix
TDM Endgame FIX
Resurrector
No16Bit
HideNPeek

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

noccer wrote: ON TOPIC:

Linux Charset Fix
TDM Endgame FIX
Resurrector
No16Bit
HideNPeek
As far as I know, TDM Endgame Fix is the old version of the mutator, it's better using TDMScoreFiXXX
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

What is the difference? Will it include headshot bonus?

UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

noccer wrote:What is the difference? Will it include headshot bonus?
I just think the previous version of the mutator was indeed bugged in some way...
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:@mods request topic be moved to discussion area.

On topic. Would this server fix be considered essential? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4670&p=50166#p48886
Looks like a good population of people still use the renderer that crashes when someone uses that player skin online, a quick hex edit of the texture file to diss-allow the texture being displayed on the server in the first place is an easy file-swap way to stop clients on your server being affected
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I don't think it's only gameservers been organizing the bot/player thing, it could be just the mod set up.

I don't know about twitch TV's icons much.

& I still have no word for the 'best server setup' but I'd recommend a recommended list of mods/whatever that could be looked at for setting up a server... because there is always going to be something developed and thread can go outdated like the other one because each mod has their own thread with information about them in it.

I'll give a tip. XC GameEngine. Go for it.
Link: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5624 <-All the details are in there for comparison and such. Better than Epic's original engine because it won't get updated for fixes and other things.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@chamberly , yus! fire away your list of mods (and download links if possible) Iam trying to see if Paper can install something which allows for [tables]
then I can setup some kinda Grid on first post with relevant Mod's and Stuff.

well thats the theory anyways.

XC_GameEngine hmm I will pop over and ask a question about this.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Resurrector? Image
If you're playing coop might as well activate use XC_GameEngine's Travel Manager, otherwise resurrector can be grossly exploited in normal UT gametypes.

Keep ACE in the server, unless you're playing coop or MH.
And NexGenABM has severe bugs preventing it from working 100%, you should update it first before relying on it to ban ppl.

(PD: I hate UTPure)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Ressurector hmm yes that one needs an update lol ,

I think it has problems with keeping CTF Details (aside from Deaths / Health / Weapons & Location ) ,
hopefully one day someone will make a better version *sighs*

it is a Good Mod for Stock DM Games but again lacks records for the likes of Smart DM / CTF etc.. Accuracy , Headshots , covers , protects ,etc , etc..

just one of them mods that could use a small overhaul I guess or total rewrite ;)

Thanks for input will hopefully get some kind of [tables] functionality going on *Fingers Crossed* and Can setup some kinda Grid with titles for 'Mods' , 'Admin Tools' , 'Score trackers (AutoteamBalance), 'Server Controllers (nexgen)' , 'Security Mods (ADV_Patch)' , 'Clientside addons(advanced spectator, XBrowser)' , 'Etc'

Be Good to bring all the 'Most Popular Things' into one Mega Post.

sooo.. I guess a good place to start is Server download?... what / where is the best place to find a descent UT99 Server download?

BonusPacks and Addons , Updated textures , DoUplink Settings , etc..
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:For the record, I think the grid/tables being added to the forums could be useful. But what you are wanting to use it for... unless kept to an absolute minimum (essentials) then it is a bad idea will only confuse things

Oh and you'll want to visit oldunreal for the coop gametype you were refering to, it's a small modification that runs on windows (or emulated windows) servers
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: UT99 Server Setup *Brainstorm*

Post by Chamberly »

Have coop on my UT server, & I didn't get them from Old Unreal lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?