I got 2 issues.

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Phuckphucker
Novice

I got 2 issues.

Post by Phuckphucker »

Hey
i got some issues which bug me for a while. But i never asked if there is any way to fix them.
Somehow the sniper-zoom seems a bit buggy for me. Sometimes it seems like it zooms too much when i just tap the button. I always thought it was related to my mouse. But i tried several mouses lately and it happens on each of them.
Is there a way to fix it?
A somehow simelar bug is related to the redeemer. I don't remember that the manual control felt that "laggy" back then. On both bugs it seems like there is some kind of "delay".

I use the enhanced Open GL renderer but it doesn'T seem to be related to that. Vsync is disabled.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: I got 2 issues.

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Phuckphucker wrote:Hey
i got some issues which bug me for a while. But i never asked if there is any way to fix them.
Somehow the sniper-zoom seems a bit buggy for me. Sometimes it seems like it zooms too much when i just tap the button. I always thought it was related to my mouse. But i tried several mouses lately and it happens on each of them.
Is there a way to fix it?
A somehow simelar bug is related to the redeemer. I don't remember that the manual control felt that "laggy" back then. On both bugs it seems like there is some kind of "delay".

I use the enhanced Open GL renderer but it doesn'T seem to be related to that. Vsync is disabled.
Did you try switching render drivers?
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Have you tried different mouse? Sometimes I have these problem and it all of it came from my mouse being broken. It happen on alt and/or primary fire. Mostly alt fire tho. I'm thinking my Primary fire might be acting up but can't be sure. I abuse these 2 button rigorously lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Happens that, just like in Minecraft and KSP, Unreal Tournament creates a local server to play. Instead of connection speed you must allocate enough memory in the game for the local server to run properly.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Chamberly wrote:Have you tried different mouse? Sometimes I have these problem and it all of it came from my mouse being broken. It happen on alt and/or primary fire. Mostly alt fire tho. I'm thinking my Primary fire might be acting up but can't be sure. I abuse these 2 button rigorously lol.
Phuckphucker wrote: I always thought it was related to my mouse. But i tried several mouses lately and it happens on each of them.
:wink:

Do you have more than one CPU core? Do you use the Multi-Core-fix?
Phuckphucker
Novice

Post by Phuckphucker »

Thank you guys for all your answers.
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Did you try switching render drivers?
Yes i already tried d3d9 and got the same issue there.
papercoffee wrote: Do you have more than one CPU core? Do you use the Multi-Core-fix?
Yes i use a multicore CPU (core i5) but it doesn'T cause any issues so far. You think it's related?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Phuckphucker wrote: Yes i use a multicore CPU (core i5) but it doesn'T cause any issues so far. You think it's related?
No issues with UT99 ? Or do you mean no issues with other games?
Phuckphucker
Novice

Post by Phuckphucker »

no other issues with UT99 so far. Speed is normal and everything else works as it should. It'S just that strange and delayed behaviour of the sniper and the redeemer.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Try allocating memory to UT. Most will be redirected to the server.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

SwapInterval=0 on renderer.
Then use a 1-1 or 1-2 (if you're pro) mouse fix on windows.
lubbeb

Post by lubbeb »

Hi!

please help me, I lately installed UT again after over 10 years of absence, so glad to be back!

but now I keep getting Critical errors when starting UT and deleted everything, but cant find a properly version anymore.

could someone suggest where to find a working version of UT??

(windows 8.1 enterprise, 64 bit)

thank you so much!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

lubbeb wrote:could someone suggest where to find a working version of UT??
I suggest a working Computer on 32 bits and/or see log files what are saying. Obviously there aren't a bunch of UT versions unless you wanna use a hacked one.
I don't understand people which are asking help without showing a screnshot with error or log file content. Nobody can dream what's going on without valid information.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

lubbeb wrote:Hi!

please help me, I lately installed UT again after over 10 years of absence, so glad to be back!

but now I keep getting Critical errors when starting UT and deleted everything, but cant find a properly version anymore.

could someone suggest where to find a working version of UT??

(windows 8.1 enterprise, 64 bit)

thank you so much!!
v436 patch is what majority of UT players are using... sent a PM to prevent derailling off topic.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If you have a normal UT CD or GOTY 2xCD, you have what you want.
Try a fresh install and then follow the tutorial linked at the top of the forum "Tweak Your UT Graphics To The Maximum!"
https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Then put my pack and the BP4 ;)

Weapon of Destruction