UT99-ServerBrowserTabsUpdate for more game-types

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Hitman
Adept

UT99-ServerBrowserTabsUpdate for more game-types

Post by Hitman »

If you want your UT to show more game-types in your ServerBrowserTabs edit your Unrealtournament.ini to this..

Edit Unrealtournament.ini :

-------------------------------------------------
find section: [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
change to:

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserALL
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[9]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[10]=UbrowserCOOP
ServerListNames[11]=UBrowserMH
ServerListNames[12]=UBrowserGT
ServerListNames[13]=UBrowserSG
ServerListNames[14]=UbrowserBT
ServerListNames[15]=UBrowserSiege
ServerListNames[16]=UBrowserRA
ServerListNames[17]=UBrowserJB
ServerListNames[18]=UBrowserSM
ServerListNames[19]=UBrowserTH
ServerListNames[20]=UBrowserCHAOSUT
ServerListNames[21]=UBrowseriNSTA

---------------------------------------------
find section: [UBrowserDeathmatch]
change to:

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ExcessiveDeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ChaosDeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

find section: [UBrowserTeamGames]
change to:

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ExcessiveTeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ChaosTeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

find section: [UBrowserCTF]
change to:

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=BurgerCTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

find:

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

- add lines below that ( copy + paste recommended )
so it looks like this:

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCOOP]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=coopgame2,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=tvcoop,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserMH]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamMH,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHuntArena,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHuntFix,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserGT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=GauntletDM,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=GauntletCTF,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=GauntletDOM,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=GauntletAS,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserBT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=BunnyTrackGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSiege]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=SiegeGI,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=FreeSiegeGI,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserRA]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=RocketArenaGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserJB]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=JailBreak,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTH]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ThieveryDeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=SoccerMatch,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCHAOSUT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ChaosDeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=ChaosTeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowseriNSTA]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=iDM,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=iCTF,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserSG]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=SurvivalGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

-----------------------------------------------

Now edit the UBrowser.int :

- remove all
- copy + paste everything below here into it :
- of course you can choose different names
for the server tabs after the =

[Public]

[ServerListTitles]
UBrowserLAN=LAN Servers
UBrowserAll=All Servers
UBrowserUT=UT Servers
UBrowserPopulated=Populated Servers
UBrowserDeathmatch=Deathmatch
UBrowserTeamGames=Team Deathmatch
UBrowserCTF=Capture the Flag
UBrowserDOM=Domination
UBrowserAS=Assault
UBrowserLMS=Last Man Standing
UBrowserCOOP=COOP
UBrowserMH=Monster Hunt
UBrowserGT=Gauntlet
UBrowserSG=Survival
UBrowserBT=Bunny Track
UBrowserSiege=Siege
UBrowserRA=Rocket Arena
UBrowserJB=JailBreak
UBrowserTH=Thievery
UBrowserSM=Soccer
UBrowserCHAOSUT=Chaos UT
UBrowseriNSTA=InstaGibs

----------------------------------------------------
Enjoy and add more if you find/invent more gametypes
All you need to know is the GameType.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: UT99-ServerBrowserTabsUpdate for more game-types

Post by sektor2111 »

The same info goes into a RTF document, if forum goes down temporary or other unexpected troubles, you have a backup right here.
[attachment=0]BrowsingGames.7z[/attachment]
Attachments
BrowsingGames.7z
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

maby edit the files and make them ready to download here.
Otherwise we have to edit alot. :idea:
yeah i know i,m lazy. :rock:
maby make a patch from it wise installer package (to much work i think).
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

rjmno1 wrote:Otherwise we have to edit alot. :idea:
:what: You should learn a basic PC operating, target in purpose COPY - PASTE commands/menus. What exactly is a lot to edit ? CTRL+C and CTRL+V ? If you are lazy why others need to work at some installer - which might be outdated if a few new games are released later. I have edited that document easily in very few time. While you've been posting that reply you could use that time for editing your files - a more useful operation after all...
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

sektor2111 wrote:
rjmno1 wrote:Otherwise we have to edit alot. :idea:
:what: You should learn a basic PC operating, target in purpose COPY - PASTE commands/menus. What exactly is a lot to edit ? CTRL+C and CTRL+V ? If you are lazy why others need to work at some installer - which might be outdated if a few new games are released later.
like i said i,m lazy.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
uti

Post by uti »

i think i have a quite clean ini file because i went through it many times to make it work, but its with xconsole and opengld driver with fps and refreshrate forced to 85, so you might want to edit couple of those before you launch it (and resolution is probably 1280x1024)

and it also works with this master server fix:
65.112.87.186 master0.gamespy.com
(to add into hosts file in windows and /etc/hosts in linux)
https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=78400#p78400

and you also need the custom demomanager (v3.0 probably works the best)
and i also added the uBrowser.int to the zip file...
Attachments
UTBrowserTABS.zip
more tabs
(6.77 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

To mention:
Operating a simple hack to Hosts file would be a good thing if these new Master Servers would react as old dead and buried GameSpy :sad2:
If I'm looking at old MH TAB, this hack will bring some "MH" servers - ALL UT Servers + TO fills the old MH TAB, but old GameSpy was delivering only the Game requested NOT Everything as "new GameSpy types" which might be any. GameSpy went off with their software as well which seems to not have a better replacement. GameSpy was "The MAN" of gaming.
I'm still hoping that someday someone will push wheels up again (it might cost of course...)
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Does someone has the configuration lines for the "SLV" tab for me?

Also my "Nali Weapons 3" tab is broken, gamespy is perhaps hardcoded, because there are no server shown and the message came up that masterserver cant be reached. Is there a fix for the tab?

And I am wondering why no InstaGib Server are shown, I have used the config line from this thread.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Btw speaking about TABS. Do am I the only one who cannot get nothing from those thievery servers ? I see them empty all the time, my client is crashing each time when I wanna see what's there. I think I'll delete that TAB because it looks useless.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sktor2111 wrote:I see them empty all the time, my client is crashing each time when I wanna see what's there.
I have tested one server with UT GOTY + Update 4.51 and yes, it crashed when connecting.
Perhaps the admin should check his configuration...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Admin must awake at reality, a hacked server won't help common player, in fact I don't like any mod using files screwed and causing more than 1 issue for players. But if that do runs empty is not my concern, I'm not paying bills there. Btw I forgot to delete that Tab yesterday... I'll do it now.
triple_ooo
Novice

Post by triple_ooo »

This doesnt work for me. I added monsterhunt tab but it always lists 0 players and 0 servers and when I click refresh all the game crashes with this error "infinite script recursion".

EDIT

WAIT. It's working. In my first attempt

[UBrowserMH]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

No server would be listed.

But changing it to

[UBrowserMH]
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamMH,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHuntArena,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHuntFix,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

Makes it work.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Better double check your edited files. It works even if we speak about MH only, always worked. And all old mod's files can be removed because they doesn't help any longer.