need tips : quicker translocator action

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
wango
Personal rank: private

need tips : quicker translocator action

Post by wango »

hello guys

I haven't played ut goty for more than 6 months,
but i believe i'm pretty much kicking asses on the public server everyday.

BTW, when it comes to the translocator, it seems that i need
a better/quicker movement.

I've been observing some dudes' move and their translocating
looked like there is no delay at all like when u happen to pick up a new
weapon while translocating, u need to change the weapon selection from
the one you newly picked up back to the translocator.

and those dudes telefrag other players so easily. when i try the same shit,
my translocator is kinda retarded and laggy and there is always half-second delay.

Any tips for quicker translocator moves? or is there any sorta translocator bot?
"Practice more! sucker" doesn't help me enuff, thnx.
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: need tips : quicker translocator action

Post by Dare »

There is a server called xloc training which has maps made especially for practicing the translocator.

Also after firing the translocator and teleporting to the destination if you keep hold of the right mouse button and press the left mouse button at the same time it switches to the weapon you used last quickly. infact I might have got this mixed up with UT04 so i might not be right about this point.

And also try keybinding the translocator to your middle mouse button so that you can equip it faster. :highfive:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Dare wrote:And also try keybinding the translocator to your middle mouse button so that you can equip it faster. :highfive:
You must do that, really. That really helps.
wango
Personal rank: private

Post by wango »

thnx guys, I really appreciate ur info.
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

There is a server called xloc training which has maps made especially for practicing the translocator.
Quite a few Camping servers have this included in mapvote selection, we have it in ours.
theres no weapons except the xloc, we also have a "no telefrag" mod in use so players can practice there skills without people trying to kill them as they learn. I havent played UT in ages and am real rusty with xlocing skills so thjese maps help but are very frustrating.

for our details just click my sig.
..Image
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

just remembered... quick way to swap from translocater to last weapon is to press both mouse buttons at the same time.. its a default setting built into the UT engine.
thats why if you have a fast mouse reaction you sometimes try tranlocating to high places you have a weapon appear during the process. (you pressed both buttons too close in timing).
..Image
fullonshred
Average

Post by fullonshred »

Check the Ping on the servers. High Ping can make trans'ing and everything else feel like mudd. I was looking around. I thought there was a Fast Weapons Switch checkbox somewhere,but I didn't see it when I looked around just a moment ago.

It always appeared to me that other people's weapons switched faster than mine. I was told it appears this way for everyone. I can't agree emphatically enough that the Trans should be bound to a mouse button when possible. I always use Thumb Button for mine. Middle Mouse is for Sniper Rifle.
gades
Average
Personal rank: UT BotMast3r

Post by gades »

A little trick I've learned is what I call "trans jumping". Jump before transing, and when you teleport, your upward momentum is carried with you. I find this helpful when you're trying to reach a particularly high place. Also, doing a quick jump trans and shooting the disc again is quicker then just waiting there for your disc to reach it's destination. Just play around with it.

You can also try trans jump with jumpboots.....
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

A little trick I've learned is what I call "trans jumping". Jump before transing, and when you teleport, your upward momentum is carried with you. I find this helpful when you're trying to reach a particularly high place. Also, doing a quick jump trans and shooting the disc again is quicker then just waiting there for your disc to reach it's destination. Just play around with it.
these techniques are comonly used in camping servers for scaling very high objects for good camping locations.
..Image
fullonshred
Average

Post by fullonshred »

gades wrote:A little trick I've learned is what I call "trans jumping". Jump before transing, and when you teleport, your upward momentum is carried with you. I find this helpful when you're trying to reach a particularly high place. Also, doing a quick jump trans and shooting the disc again is quicker then just waiting there for your disc to reach it's destination. Just play around with it.

You can also try trans jump with jumpboots.....
I find Jumpboots far more useful simply for their cushioning effects when I am landing after ridiculously long and radical transing moves. I never saw much benefit to (for me) wasting the Jumpboots by jumping and then transing. But I def. need that cushion at the end of the extra long/extra high transverses.
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:Most likely its a bind use, with some craft commands you can bind a key so that when pressed, it switches to the Trans, fires the beacon then switches back to the weapon.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
gmiusa02

Post by gmiusa02 »

I have found that key binding your translocator to the Q button ( i use W,X,A,D as my up down left and right) is effective. all you do is press that button fast and your translocator is there.
nuff
Novice

Post by nuff »

I use

Code: Select all

HookFire|SwitchWeapon 1 | AltFire | OnRelease SwitchWeapon 10
on a key to switch from my current weapon the the tansloc and rightfire it. What i want is to transport immediately by just pressing a button and switch back to my weapon. Only thing is there is half a second delay until i get teleported. Is there a way to make it faster?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:My

MiddleMouse=getweapon Grappling|GetWeapon BotPack.Translocator|HOOKOFFHANDFIRE
(work for Translocator and to for grappel instacombo)
and after

MouseWheelUp=SwitchToBestWeapon

alternate

Aliases[?]=(Command="GetWeapon BotPack.Translocator | Fire | OnRelease AltFire",Alias=TransJump)

MiddleMouse=TransJump
(or other bouton commande.)

not tested

Aliases[?]=(Command="getweapon BotPack.Translocator | Jump |  Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease AltFire",Alias=TransJump)

MiddleMouse=TransJump
nuff
Novice

Post by nuff »

Well i dont want it to fire..just teleport me to the location i already stored it.