You may check the documentation under each project's specific directory at https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99
Note: file replaced due to a bug in the path builder.XC_Core 9b changesShowXC_Core version 9b update.
Log interceptor no longer reset every second on listen servers (due to window title events).
Removed unused Editor code, smaller binary.
Downgraded library requirements for CacusLib. (C++14 features no longer needed)
Fixed broken commandlets.
Fixed a case of bad SSE instructions introduced by compiler upgrade affecting UT's network timing.
When XC_Core is loaded into Unreal Editor, the path network will be rendered differently.
Paths will be visualized in two lines (inbound + outbound) and each will contain an arrow head to
indicate their direction.
The reachspecs will be color coded as following:
- WALK/SWIM >> GREEN
- JUMP >> YELLOW
- AIR >> RED
- BLUE >> SPECIAL
>> Paths Builder.
The new Paths Builder has been rewritten from scratch to address limitations in the original pathing code.
Every pair of Navigation Points are sorted by distance prior to creation of reachspec.
This allows the builder to start with the shortest route first and completely ditch the path pruning
process which makes some path networks build faster due to the builder deciding to discard a reachspec
BEFORE it's built.
The new criteria to ignore routes is more aggresive at shorter distances which prevents
overcrowding of reachspecs in places full of Navigation Points (ex: areas full of items).
The theoretical maximum distance is 2000, but it may be lower in specific areas/routes.
Inventory and Warp Zone markers are more likely to be added near their respective object, during the
addition process if the marker doesn't initially fit the object's spot, then a walk simulation is run
from nearby paths into the objects to determine best possible spot for the marker.
The builder allows the mapper to choose whether the builder builds air routes or not, and to change
the reference pawn used to create the paths, which affects jump, movement and size.
* Insert the reference pawn in the level (hide it), add a Tag to it, then match it in the builder.
As usual, InventorySpot actors that are not hidden in the editor won't be removed during a rebuild and
setting a NavigationPoint's Event to another one's Tag will create a special reachspec from first to second.XC_Engine 23 changesShow=============================
=== 23 update:
- Fixed broken channel timeout code in windows.
- Bandwidth saving hack (Rotation) applied to all actors now.
- Bandwidth saving hack (Location) improved for pawns, movement just as smooth as original netcode.
- When viewing a player through F5, you no longer receive his/her entire inventory chain.
- Small improvements in performance scalability as player count increases.
Raw input (windows):
- Added MouseX1 and MouseX2 support, bound to Unknown05 and Unknown06.
- Removed XC_PathBuilder actor, see XC_Core 9b documentation for its replacement.
- Native functions with numbered opcodes can now be replaced by pure UnrealScript functions.
* See Pawn.PickTarget() replacement in XC_Engine_UT99.XC_ScriptedPawn.Pawn_PickTarget()
** Example: Rocket launchers don't lock onto Nalis, Team Cannons and Siege builds.
- ACE isn't loaded when the server is on Unreal 1 game modes (prevents crashes on clients)
If you're using the path builder, redownload the package.