XC_Engine version 24 full

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine version 24 full

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm bumping this regarding to some... space problem.
I've finished some map where I placed in small spots little tiny small... PoliteNode. They have the following code:

Code: Select all

class PoliteNode expands NavigationPoint;

var() int RadiusCheck;
var bool bCloserPlayer, bCloserMonster;

event PostBeginPlay()
{
	if (RadiusCheck <= 0)
	{
		log (Self.Name@">> bork::RadiusCheck = 0. Please refrain from doing trash.");
		RadiusCheck = 512;
	}
}

function Actor SpecialHandling(Pawn Other)
{
	bCloserMonster = False;
	bCloserPlayer = False;

if ( Bot(Other) != None && Bot(Other).Health > 0 )
	{
//		log (Self.Name@"SpecialHandling");
		if ( Bot(Other).Enemy != None )
			return Self;
		CheckNearbySouls( Other );
		if ( bCloserPlayer )
		{
//			log ("None for"@Other.GetHumanName());
			Bot(Other).MoveTarget = None;
			Other.ClearPaths();
			Bot(Other).GoToState('Wandering');
			return None;
		}
		if ( bCloserMonster )
		{
//			log ("Enemy for"@Other.GetHumanName());
			return Self;
		}
		return Self;
	}
	return Self;
}

final function CheckNearbySouls( Pawn Checker )
{
	local Pawn P;

if ( Checker == None )
	{
		bCloserMonster = False;
		bCloserPlayer = False;
		return;
	}

foreach RadiusActors( class 'Pawn', P, RadiusCheck, Location )
	{
		if ( P == Checker )
			continue;
		if ( P.bIsPlayer && P.Health > 0 && !P.bHidden && P.Mesh != None )
		{
			if (VSize(Checker.Location-Location) > VSize(P.Location-Location))
			{
				bCloserPlayer = True;
				break;
			}
		}
		if ( !P.bIsPlayer && P.Health > 0 && !P.bHidden && P.Mesh != None )
		{
			Checker.Enemy = P;
			bCloserMonster = True;
			break;
		}
	}
//	log (Self.Name@"Grant bCloserMonster ="@bCloserMonster@"and bCloserPlayer ="@bCloserPlayer);
}

defaultproperties
{
     RadiusCheck=380
     Style=STY_Translucent
     Texture=Texture'UnrealShare.S_Message'
     DrawScale=0.700000
     bCollideWhenPlacing=False
     CollisionRadius=20.000000
     CollisionHeight=42.000000
}
What does it do ?
When a player or a Bot is closer to this Node than a Bot roamer, Bot active seeker would go wander if it's not called in combat more exactly when doesn't have any enemy or else it moves ahead or back (retreat if needed) because permission to pass it's accepted.
Chapter 1)
Default UT with default MonsterHunt - everything works like a charm - of course Bot in combat has no mother and no father;
But 90% I'm comfortable to not see them bunching and blocking my moves when I'm about to retreat - there are reasons for that.

Chapter 2)
XC_Engine 24b game server and XC_MonsterHunt - it works between certain rooms NOT everywhere, and it's the same instance in the same spot - like totally ignoring that SpecialHandling. Here Bot can figure enemy or simply that distance check return some funky result - in the same MAP.
That check is similar to SetEnemy, the closer is next one. This means even SetEnemy goes screwed here if such a simple check is flawed.
I'm not sure how many problems has map because it should be aligned. I removed some useless bytes trying to gain it more clean as possible.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giresun27
Average
Personal rank: 34

Post by giresun27 »

Hey, Higor, or anyone who knows.
ace has a timer fix, is it necessary to use the xc_engine timingfix with it or does it not have any added value?

thanks
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Only if you're playing offline.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As a matter of fact, some map file called CTF-Zerkarium3.unr.uz is crashing XC player at decompression process... Any hint ?
CTF-Zerkarium3.unr.7z
(549.35 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
By using a manual decompression "ucc decompress ..." nothing wrong happens... only in client game. I think it's time to get rid of XC_IpDrv download driver.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Any thoughts on this? Looks like this may be the culprit? JohnnyBravoVoice

Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 57]
Critical: FArchiveFileReader::Seek
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Seek
Critical: LoadImportMap
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Core.Class JohnnyBravoVoice.JohnnyBravoVoice NULL)
Critical: CTFGame0.DynamicLoadObject
Critical: CTFGame0.Login
Critical: CTFGame0.Login
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (CTFGame CTF-2ChickenPancakes.CTFGame0, Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.Login)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnPlayActor
Critical: UXC_Level::NotifyReceivedText
Critical: UControlChannel::ReceivedBunch
Critical: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch
Critical: Direct
Critical: UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch
Critical: DispatchDataToChannel
Critical: BunchData
Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket
Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

A few server visitors have mentioned that the voice class that they've manually assigned in User.ini is being overridden by the default voice for whatever player class that they're using. I'm trying to track down the source of this, though without success so far. Is this a function of XC_Engine? I'm running out of candidates.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

I've encountered an odd issue tonight with a BunnyTrack map called Krypton. Near the start of the map there's a target that triggers (disables) some "lasers".

This works perfectly on the first shot. But after that, the target never triggers the lasers again. It seems to be related to XC_Engine, and I've tried changing individual settings to see if that helps, but so far no luck.

The map is here on Unreal Archive: https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... b6611.html

The location of the target / lasers is here:

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I'd like to have a look but I even cannot open the map:
UnrealTournament.log wrote:Critical: Assertion failed: Frame->Level->Model->Points.Num()<=MAX_POINTS [File:C:\UTDev\Render\Src\UnRender.cpp] [Line: 2338]
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks Barbie, sorry about that problem. I don't know whether this will work any better, but I zipped together the map files from my UT directory, and uploaded them here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qy0mjh9z ... B.zip/file

Separately, I hadn't even considered the fact that running the file might present problems for anyone without a local BT server setup. But I suppose if the map were renamed CTF-KryptonCB rather than BT-KryptonCB, the game would allow you to select it from the CTF map list, and that might be enough to navigate to the problem target / lasers
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think it's more simple to try map WITHOUT XC_Engine for figuring if it works or not. Either way map can be added as exception from Movers tweaking.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks Sector - I should have been more clear in my original message regarding that. This map was released in 2009, and has been played extensively in the years since, so it's definitely known that the trigger works under normal conditions.

I'll have a look at whether adding an exception for the map changes this behaviour in XC_Engine 24.

EDIT: I added an entry to my UnrealTournament.ini file (under [XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine]):

NoBrushTrackerFix=BT-KryptonCB
This had no effect, but then I'm not sure if this was the change that Sektor had in mind.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

Hello all I am having an issue with these 3 maps where the movers used to spin at a normal pace now they are hyper speed.

CTF-(KoR)WiPEOUT
CTF-(SLvRace)WiPEOUT
CTF-([AE])RXRace

can be played here
63.251.20.60:7777

or here
192.223.31.18:7777

Thanks for your time.
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

One of changes when movers are not very okay is trying to except map from being tweaked, the next original and my default solution is disabling any Level Hook and Collision Hook, I recommend doing this because in this version (Pre469) it looks like nobody will ever do anything and things are NOT FINISHED.
Next:
Remove other Engine type declaration from INI and use ONLY ONE "[XC_Engine_XC_GameEngine]" not one for original and another for "expanded" engine, just one section.
Either way disable all related event chains - rewrite U file if needed - for me this thing did not help in charged maps a la LandsOfNapali and similar. These adds were implemented without fixing old issues first, and they aren't suitable everywhere. Last thing to test is disabling that Mover fix - that is fixing mover sync but... flying pawn dying in mover's range will leave TriggerControl Mover open as usual - except in Sektor's lousy servers where I did another deal - possible to mess things in other "maps" - the way it's using all good parts of XC and disabling stuff "in testing" stage. This is happening because I think Engine is "forgetting" to call UnTouch for a "decollided" or bDeleteMe Pawn - I don't know if this is fixed in 469 because I won't screw my gaming server at this moment, and neither very soon as long as I can read about issues with newer patch. XCv24 did not fix this problem, for such things it will be needed an external slow UScript assistance.

These being described I don't think we can have them fixed in future - I'm only hoping to not see these "fixes" in 469 or else you'll get movers ruined here and there - it's not like those UNR files were having the best execution as maps, but probably they worked in 436 451 wrecks. Some of them cannot be fixed as long as resources were stripped by plonkers, and others even using SPACE in their file-names for making a mess On-Line.

In other hand... I think I might be willing to do something in the future for original UT, OUT of adds for helping original UT 436 - even 451 with things doable at UScript Level (- without creating paths):
- removing dumb paths by UnReferencing them;
- adding a mover sync and a tracker for said TriggerControl problem;
- various changes concerning problems from stock maps;
- optional disabling stupid flickering lights and adding lights in darker spots.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:05 am One of changes when movers are not very okay is trying to except map from being tweaked, the next original and my default solution is disabling any Level Hook and Collision Hook, I recommend doing this because in this version (Pre469) it looks like nobody will ever do anything and things are NOT FINISHED.
Next:
Remove other Engine type declaration from INI and use ONLY ONE "[XC_Engine_XC_GameEngine]" not one for original and another for "expanded" engine, just one section.
Either way disable all related event chains - rewrite U file if needed - for me this thing did not help in charged maps a la LandsOfNapali and similar. These adds were implemented without fixing old issues first, and they aren't suitable everywhere. Last thing to test is disabling that Mover fix - that is fixing mover sync but... flying pawn dying in mover's range will leave TriggerControl Mover open as usual - except in Sektor's lousy servers where I did another deal - possible to mess things in other "maps" - the way it's using all good parts of XC and disabling stuff "in testing" stage. This is happening because I think Engine is "forgetting" to call UnTouch for a "decollided" or bDeleteMe Pawn - I don't know if this is fixed in 469 because I won't screw my gaming server at this moment, and neither very soon as long as I can read about issues with newer patch. XCv24 did not fix this problem, for such things it will be needed an external slow UScript assistance.

These being described I don't think we can have them fixed in future - I'm only hoping to not see these "fixes" in 469 or else you'll get movers ruined here and there - it's not like those UNR files were having the best execution as maps, but probably they worked in 436 451 wrecks. Some of them cannot be fixed as long as resources were stripped by plonkers, and others even using SPACE in their file-names for making a mess On-Line.

In other hand... I think I might be willing to do something in the future for original UT, OUT of adds for helping original UT 436 - even 451 with things doable at UScript Level (- without creating paths):
- removing dumb paths by UnReferencing them;
- adding a mover sync and a tracker for said TriggerControl problem;
- various changes concerning problems from stock maps;
- optional disabling stupid flickering lights and adding lights in darker spots.
Thank you for taking the time to respond in such great detail. Thisis my current setup Im trying to comb through the documentation to see if im missing anything and not having any luck.

[XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine]
bDisableTimingFix=False
bUseNewRelevancy=False
bFasterUpload=True
bCollisionHashHook=True
CacheSizeMegs=128
UseSound=False
MinClientVersion=432
bDisableBrushTracker=False
bSortMaplistByFolder=False
bSortMaplistGlobal=False
bAutoTravelManager=True
bCacheConvertAtJoin=False
bEnableDebugLogs=False
bUseLevelHook=True
bAutoCompressLZMA=True
bScriptDebug=False
bForceLevelHook=False
ClientFrameRateLimit=200
bInterceptMalloc=True
bInterceptLog=True
bSortMaplistInvert=False
bUseRawInput=False
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, you have Level Hook and collision hook active, disable them and list map-names in array "NoBrushTrackerFix=Map-Name". See if this is helping at anything.
@ShaiHulud
You can try the same thing.