XC_Engine version 24 full

Higor
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine version 24 full

Post by Higor »

FV_Scout is a lazy attempt to prove minimal emulation of the native path builder.
In the end 'DefinePathsFor' does that in a far more complete fashion... although you have little to no control over the details.
I didn't put much thought into it, and those defaults may be bad altogether. Now I can't even remember if it's 19,37 or 17,39 without opening at the editor and looking at the default properties.

You can always increase the last step of the scout to 20,40 in your code.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Code: Select all

UnPath.h: Path node creation and ReachSpec creations and management specific classes
	Copyright 1997-1999 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Revision history:
		* Created by Steven Polge 3/97
=============================================================================*/

#define DEBUGGINGPATHS  1 //1 to put path info in log
#define MAXMARKERS 3000 //bound number of turn markers
#define MAXREACHSPECS 3000 //bound number of reachspecs 
#define MAXCOMMONRADIUS 70 //max radius to consider in building paths
#define MAXCOMMONHEIGHT 70
#define MINCOMMONHEIGHT 48 //min typical height for non-human intelligent creatures
#define MINCOMMONRADIUS 24 //min typical radius for non-human intelligent creatures
#define COMMONRADIUS    52 //max typical radius of intelligent creatures
#define HUMANRADIUS     18 //normal player pawn radius
#define HUMANHEIGHT     39 //normal playerpawn height

//Reachability flags - using bits to save space

enum EReachSpecFlags
{
	R_WALK = 1,	//walking required
	R_FLY = 2,   //flying required 
	R_SWIM = 4,  //swimming required
	R_JUMP = 8,   // jumping required
	R_DOOR = 16,
	R_SPECIAL = 32,
	R_PLAYERONLY = 64
};
Here it's noticeable what does that means a Smart Boss in a map... which it's big and dumb:
UnPath.h wrote: #define COMMONRADIUS 52 //max typical radius of intelligent creatures
This one it's there only for waiting his death unable to follow any enemy because... has no place in reachSpecs...
Here it's and old version, they preserved 1UU by defining 18, Player and Bot has 17 probably for making sure about a good reachSpec. I think in one of builds has been fired a "small path" right next to a PlayerStart and Pawn did not move for a while until wandered out of spot, such a reachSpec doesn't make any sense. If data is smaller than 40×20 probably that reachSpec should be discarded.
Note: Did you see the other limitations ? You, mappers ? 3000 reachSpecs. Are these able to cover map ? No ? Good... :pfff:
Arden and Patrolling Titans ? As you can see (if you have eyes and/or glasses like me) maximal size is 70×70. Do you think it's possible to see a Titan Patrolling ? YES, by setting up DrawScale 0.6 and adding PatrolPoints properly configured letting pawn to adjust dimensions based on it's own code not by you. One of versions which I'm using do works properly at this point.

UT'99 still doesn't have a good PATHING tutorial - not Bot Pathing - nothing is not explaining anything, that's why trash factory keeps working...

Self Attack:
I had to reconstruct a patch plugin conformed with previous one because such a Scout mapping paths has fired a mover switching Start Location right in first second and skipping a big battle... CollisionHook was activated...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I realized I should have fixed the duplicate actors bug and the broken navigation chain issues most MH maps have...
But I only came up with that like... 5 days after releasing last build lmao.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:I realized I should have fixed the duplicate actors bug and the broken navigation chain issues most MH maps have...
Heavy to Impossible only in UScript that's why I'm waiting your C++ solutions - in current stage is doable but... you are the master with bytes.
I believe chain it's like that:
- check reachSpecs for a None End/Start - reset them;
- rebuild NavigationPointList;
- try to setup connections where spots are good for that.
Fix me if this is wrong.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

my mouse cursor leave my game with moves in right side to second monitor
after clicking
game is minimizes itself
to the desktop
please fix it :| lol in build v23 all was fine, for sure not fine but now I cant play in UT with ur XC on two monitors rofl

NOW ITS THE SAME on v23 and v24b
ok I see the problem is on D3D8Drv.D3D8RenderDevice on d3d9 and opengl all is fine, im playing years on d3d8 ... and I dont wanna chenge it :shock:

any suggestions, pls halp

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, I did some research/mapping toward Bot Support in said map MH-GardenOfDeath, heavy for default DevPath. I used XC_Editor Adds and spreading nodes (NoLost Actor added for safety). If previous version could work only based on triggers, right now it works using XCV24 in XC_MonsterHunt.
I can confirm 100% that XC_Engine v24 has a superior power in guiding pawns through Navigation Network :gj: . I did not use EventChain any...

Edit: I forgot a detail.
It's about Bot, because human player tester using tools won't find MonsterEnd here, but maybe next version of MHBotyMan will have the dual searching strategy.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump. Regarding to CollisionHashHook.
I have activated this for some time. We do have some impressive colliding stability but with the price of an older seldom issue - still happening from time to time - not always: weapons getting vanished for no reason - no patch files, no adds, no replacements, just map, weapon will be lost, not invisible with pickup option available, totally missing.
Missing_Shock.png
Here was ShockRifle when map was started, a few minutes later went gone for good.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump: I gotta disable Collision hook and Level hook
Last time a guy Iacobus edited, reworked Deck16 called DM-DECK16][UT4PreAlpha_final.unr. I was using a version adjusted and cleaned from 14.3 MB to 11.3 MB. The fact is... BOTH of these have that Center-Mover stuck when "collision-hook" is being used.
For recall:
Deck16UTPreAlpha.png
I'm not using any patch, I was testing my new toy EnemyTracker and when I steeped over that elevator-platform nothing happened...
Edit:
And something more entertaining from a public server...
Crashed of course.

ScriptLog: Check prelogins... DM-!![zOm]!WAReiland!-Rm.XC_Engine_Actor20
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Mover DM-!![zOm]!WAReiland!-Rm.Mover2 (Function Engine.Mover.MakeGroupReturn:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: ScriptDebugV
Critical: Mover2.MakeGroupReturn
Critical: ScriptDebugV
Critical: Mover2.MakeGroupReturn
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (Mover DM-!![zOm]!WAReiland!-Rm.Mover2, Function Engine.Mover.EncroachingOn)
Critical: ULevel::CheckEncroachment
Critical: ULevel::MoveActor
Critical: physMovingBrush
Critical: AActor::performPhysics
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UXC_ServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
And MapGarbage (that sweet toy)

Duplicated: Mover2 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: Actors might be removed by using subsequent bTryFixDuplicates set to True.
Duplicated: Operation recommended in another clean editing session with both values set True.
Duplicated: AmbientSound19 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: AmbientSound17 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: Dispatcher0 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: Light77 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: Light78 was found 2 times.
Duplicated: Found 6 duplicated Actors.
Lol, these are mappers like I am El Presidente...
Server uses XCGEv21, perhaps after solving all issues with EventChain will go on 24. But v24 still has collision issues...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

THE Paradox entered the stage.
Said map Wareiland whatever was a subject for working at MapGarbage toward removing of duplicates actors in a changed strategy and... evil paths which at a moment after a detailed check were way too many - created with XC_EditorAdds. I went to adjust a bit locations of nodes and... I thrown in stage default DevPath. I got less reachspecs than XC did - yup, optimization not that optimized. Actually False reachable, impossible for Bot, paths going out of water all over the place have been forgot. Those Jumpy and even Walk directives in such geometry really don't make any sense to not forget those hyper jumps having 1800 UU which are returning DEATH instead of navigation, you cannot walk out of water when water surface is Too LOW from ground. In other maps like GardenOfDeath, only XC is mastering a decent load also due to geometry.
Edit: To not forget some "jumpy" paths traveling under train where I don't think if even a pupae can move - and this is not the only case, actually because of a very logic internal "CanMoveTo(...)" Pawn won't get into spot and then default DevPath will never map such a route. Those reachSpecs really have no use.
Adding more nodes with high ExtraCost it's not an answer - I don't need X thousands of actors and data hosted in map.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

This update is not working with monsters, they not attacking enemy team and they ignoring player pawn also.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Deepu wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 pm This update is not working with monsters, they not attacking enemy team and they ignoring player pawn also.
It doesn't look as a big deal, rewrite UnrealShare main Scriptedpawn code with a fixed one and... conform it to original. It's how I removed X errors done by monster.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

No time at this time, just removed XC from the server and used original engine and now the problem is fixed, what about new patch? all those errors are fixed?
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

you back @Deepu or Still at the PUB G?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Pubg too with ut
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hey, Higor, can you light me about what does XC_EditorAdds when it comes to aerial navigation ? Of course, some of reachspecs are not listed in navigation but are seriously full trash:

SpecContent: ReachSpec 258 data:
Data: 		- Start       = HighNode10
Data: 		- End         = HighNode11
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = Fly=2
Data: 		- Distance    = 1405

:  
SpecContent: ReachSpec 259 data:
Data: 		- Start       = HighNode11
Data: 		- End         = HighNode10
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = Fly=2
Data: 		- Distance    = 1405

:  //Starting FAKE or Screwed up Bytes, LOL
SpecContent: ReachSpec 260 data:
Data: 		- Start       = Model607
Data: 		- End         = Polys14997
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = =141228032
Data: 		- Distance    = 141103104

:  
SpecContent: ReachSpec 261 data:
Data: 		- Start       = Model609
Data: 		- End         = Polys15001
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = PlayerOnly Jump=121734344
Data: 		- Distance    = 141225984

:  
SpecContent: ReachSpec 262 data:
Data: 		- Start       = Polys15005
Data: 		- End         = Model612
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = Special=121734176
Data: 		- Distance    = 141215744

:  
SpecContent: ReachSpec 263 data:
Data: 		- Start       = Polys5564
Data: 		- End         = Model614
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = =141205504
Data: 		- Distance    = 121734120

:  
SpecContent: ReachSpec 264 data:
Data: 		- Start       = Polys504
Data: 		- End         = Model616
Data: 		- ReachFlags  = Special PlayerOnly=121733728
Data: 		- Distance    = 121733896
Number 259 it's the last good one, next ones are just plain stupid... I hope UT469 won't have these abominations... Did I miss something ?
It's a map addressing Jets having "native" aerial support.
Ch_Zen00.PNG
Edit:
Respect at Smirftsch for Editor from U227 :gj: . I could manage a CLEAN reachSpecs Array with all requirements, of course I had to do some stunts with inventories unwanted as markedItems but it was build properly. This will change a bit my plans around my editing tasks, probably I'll setup MapGarbage with extra editing needs and adding some features because it looks more efficient using 3 Editors if this is the only good deal - even for MonsterHunt...
Plain UT has aerial navigation support but... it has no Editor for that, yeah, Epic... and I don't see any future plans for finishing this task.

Edit2:I would like to know then why XC_EditorAdds has more "Scout did not fit" spam (excuse me, that's not a log) than original Dev. If this dev is testing walls for placing Scout there I can expect dumb reachspecs and other "entertaining" content loaded, a server would crash and no one knows why because some of these errors are because of that Visual C++ whatever false fault.