XC_Engine add-ons-XC_MonsterHunt-NavAdder stuff

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine add-ons - XC_MonsterHunt

Post by sektor2111 »

Let's see some debate toward this 451 (said "b" version). I decided to do some tests/checks around, just for having more clarifications.
Aldebaran wrote:I tried to play XC MonsterHunt on Hofs server with a UT 4.51 client and after downloading the needed files the connection stopped, I could not play several maps. If it's impossible to play XC Monster Hunt with UT 4.51 clients it would be nice to inform the player before the connection stops that he should use another UT version. With UT 4.36 I can play fine there and it makes much fun to have bots in there :-)
I set another folder in order to figure what is about XC_MonsterHunt. If this thing doesn't work in XC_Monsterhunt hosted at HOF - logs are saying some entertaining stuff, I tried this game using server hosted at NfoServers and... client 451b. Do am I supposed to believe that XC_MonsterHunt has problems ? Nope, it doesn't have, if server is correctly configured this MonsterHunt is suffice for my needs. I suppose you want evidences... Good... Watch these...
XC_MH_S451b_Cli451b.PNG
Server is 451b with screwed stock - read this well and again X times. Client is normal 451b - WORKING !
Then...
XC_MH_S451b_Cli451b_DWNLD.PNG
This is after downloading said running map.
Then...
XC_MH_S451bXC_Cli451b_Simple.PNG
This is a clean default 451b Client connected to XC Server 451b hosted at NfoServers and using another screwed up stock for getting rid of default UT crap.
Speaking about XC_MonsterHunt from Hof, there probably some files are screwed up as long as old Bot Kragoth had a funky texture proving that something is not OK over there with those files. But NfoServers have confirmed that XC_MonsterHunt has No issues with any UT versions - Any Client.
If servers are screwed up THAT'S another story which is not exactly my problem as long as I do have some backups for my home repositories where I do various tests/crashes/etc.
If some people like to screw up their clients with files and null INT entries causing empty menus and stupid client crashes that is NOT my problem.
By Any matter, if this 451 do looks like a pain for you, get back to original patched 436 and forget these "updates". When server has 436 440 and client uses 451b as a sample, connecting to server heads to some forget (errata - *forged) objects and other bullshit scrolling during connecting stage - THESE I believe are funky stuff coming from 451 updates at once with "great" Editor which UTPG have done and this doesn't look like the only problem of 451 patches.
When you do some update to this old game, NO NEW CLASS OR VARIABLE HAS TO BE ADDED and NO CLASS OR VARIABLE HAS TO BE REMOVED in updated version unless content will no longer have compatibility, and this is what UTPG did to UT - breaking compatibility - I won't mention what Editor does in 451b... When you are trying to conform a class of an Actor with NONE class of another supposed Actor or such THIS HEADS TO TRASH-BOX as long as integrity of package is not similar with previous one, compatibility for such case is gone and this IS some of UTPG failures done to UT making mainly any future updates to stay limited or to not work. 451 with new things can receive 436/440 clients but I'm not sure how well are done things vice-versa, server being 436/440 and client 451- depending on map as well... Thank you, guys, for these updates ?? :barf:
ANY QUESTIONS ?

Edit: Typo-Errata in text
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: XC_Engine add-ons-XC_MonsterHunt-NavAdder stuff

Post by MrLoathsome »

Exactly correct.

440 and 451 are broken. I will no longer use either for server or client.

And I no longer have any interest in any errors caused by the use of either.

436 or nothing.
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Broken because they have moved some variables/classes or whatever, that's why Editor it's stuck in view-ports regarding to what they said - did not tested anything, that simple. Also a package done/rewritten and selected for being saved (Save Selected Packages - menu option) is not saved at all but are saved ALL, but ALL packages with unchecked/unselected box. Can you believe - it's exactly the reversal ? I'm curious how do works a map if something of those missing things were added in Level by a "mapper" :sleep: .

EDIT: Reason "sniping".
If server allows FOV changes - more exactly zooming generally, that can be configured by client in User.ini, something evil happens if client is using v451b, at least this is what was happening in map MH-Minas_Tirith running with XC_MonsterHunt. In v436 was working properly. I suppose this is another "fix" a la UTPG... now I really have no reason for using any 451 for client game.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Due to a few discussions on Discord toward MonsterHunt, I won't recommend you a special MH mod on purpose by me. My mods are not based on fancy scoreboards - MH2 here - my mods are based on Monster Aggressiveness - that's why we do call them Monsters because this is what they are.
I'm currently playing some maps and less maps, those less maps are hacked to be maps in run-time using various trash codes. These are plugins loadable by NavAdder and the most of them are posted at HOF (I have a good control over attachments so I'll drop more assets there).
Main thread with NavAdder and plugins + descriptions are located HERE. All tested in Windows OS type sustaining such Servers.
Latest MH2 which I've polished only a little bit is called MH_A_V3 generation 2. ALL my versions are attempting to Align players at 20000 max LAN speed from UT because MonsterHunt generally do needs resources - do not use or play such things if this is a problem for your sh!t connection (like one of my mobile connections on 2G GSM type).
MH_A_V3 is not posted in public yet because last time people were looking for some MonsterHunt for zero skill player and full of colors in Scoreboard which is not my goal - I play MonsterHunt and not looking at Scoreboards. This is not your need then, I worked my ass for teaming monsters against players so I won't remove any Karma from it because what I've done for my needs I find priceless, perhaps quitting using some internal "optimizer". Else this version should have Enhanced Bot support and also is recognizing XC_Engine for a few... tweaks. Regenerators here are using a separate thing working in a state code.
All monster combat being a bit enhanced might develop Scriptedpawn sh!te in console because... this is ScriptedPawn after all. For such reasons servers operated by self person have some stock files adjusted for a better ground, because EPIC won't respond about UT bugs constantly recommending out of your love things. By using good stock files a lot of codes can be excepted and running games more smoother.
By any matter I can post publicly MH_A_V3 for those which wants it but... I have to re-check mod in order to write some lousy information about INI configuration.
For complains I demand you to participate at coding instead of talking crap because I worked this thing alone and only very few sessions I debated with others, Bot code is rewritten how I considered in 2015 - unchanged.

Edit:Good, so far people interested could get required files right from locations/folders where I run multi-server testing them directly and downloading exactly what is used in game - I hope is helpful... including for figuring common stock placement for 3-4 servers using the same repository for packages.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump 2022:
These plugins for NavAdder have captured a little bit my attention now days based on several factors.
I can see if it's a mistake somewhere due to DrawPaths mutator by Buggie - all my gratitude goes for him.
This is preventing a lot of time wasted for checks using RememberSpot ShowPath for debugging whatever problem.

#2 Probably mistakes are None due to the solution applied for pathing an empty map - Empty maps are preferred here because they have minimal errors to fix - no paths = no errors. Run-time paths are based on a temporary copy of map pathed and tested and then adding these paths from copy-map during run-time in original map. Sample from a recent non-public plugin.

Code: Select all

if ( bXCReady )
	{
		log ("Generating ReachSpecs...",LTag);
// Mover0
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4808,-336,-51),vect(4796,-238,-51),52,40,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4796,-238,-51),vect(4808,-336,-51),52,40,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4808,-320,268),vect(4796,-238,-51),52,40,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4796,-238,-51),vect(4808,-320,268),52,40,1,0,-1);
	// Bottom To Nearby Node
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4808,-336,-51),vect(4861,-510,-55),70,50,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4861,-510,-55),vect(4808,-336,-51),70,50,1,0,-1);
	// Top To Nearby Node
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4808,-320,268),vect(4672,-560,264),70,50,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4672,-560,264),vect(4808,-320,268),70,50,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4808,-320,268),vect(5118,-568,264),70,50,1,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(5118,-568,264),vect(4808,-320,268),70,50,1,0,-1);
		.... // 2-3 UC Script Pages
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(2304,-640,181),vect(1605,2,-75),90,72,9,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(2560,384,181),vect(3322,-258,-75),90,72,9,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(4364,-195,266),vect(4028,520,168),64,46,9,0,-1);
		G.AddSpecToNode(vect(513,-70,266),vect(824,-776,168),64,46,9,0,-1);

log ("ReachSpecs created.",LTag);
The good thing is that I can write such plugin in less than 2-3 hours (with tests and all required moves - creating folders, wrapping classes) because... Another Script it's writing these for me with a single mouse-click, I'm not bother with writing X lines for X ReachSpecs unless I have to adjust manually 10-12 of them by overwriting junks and turning them into useful ones. I only have to copy from Editor.log file all related logged Script that will be compiled later.
This is an initial private prototype because... it's aiming a more or less private map - not very shared in public and... has a few geometry problems even if it was supposed a 'Perfect' map for LE games. It's not... and I could fix it directly in Editor without any patch - I cannot fix geometry issues in run-time after all... Game-Engine is not editing/rebuilding a Map. Solution is not using Tester Pawn for probing possible paths and messing with un-fixed XC collisions, all pathing data is unpacked in less than a second.

So... empty maps with a good geometry can be subject for having paths more or less dynamic and... if mappers aren't bother to learn these assets, for me it's not a problem if they don't learn anything in next 10-20 years or how much I'll be alive on this planet.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

you did write "a few" well its more then a few ,alot of errors are now out of that xc engine.
You doing a great job.trouble shooting and repairinging it. great!. :gj:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Pretty closer...
I cannot fix what was wrong in XC assets but... I can discard the most of those executions and using what is good and well done.

Now I'm looking over map's repositories - probably I'll find ones good for little run-time adds.