XC_Engine megathread

Higor
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Post by Higor »

Ended up doing a lot more for the Route Mapper.
https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99/comm ... 7e6a3b6fe2

Some notable differences to FerBotz's mapper:
- A reference pawn is ALWAYS required.
- More than one starting point (anchor) can be specified.
** Extremely useful to determine who's closer to a target as well as giving a pawn multiple choices in his first node to visit.
- Enhanced start anchor finder when no start anchor is given.
** Allows small pawns to select path placed higher than they can touch, preventing them from getting stuck. (pupae, predator, or bots in ramps/stairs)
- Paths are discarded via pawn's usability flags (ex: non-players can no longer visit bPlayerOnly paths)
- Weight sorting algorithm vastly improves path calculation times (up to 10x faster).
- EndPoint support, flagging a NavigationPoint as EndPoint will make the mapper immediately stop once best route to EndPoint is found (making it even faster).
- Up to three different UnrealScript callback versions, crash safe.
- RouteCache builder works on any type of NavigationPoint array, including dynamic array.

================
Edit: another notable thing that went unnoticed by me.
https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99/issues/9
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:A reference pawn is ALWAYS required.
The be sure to have a default one if mapper is "forgetting" to charge something here.
Higor wrote:Allows small pawns to select path placed higher than they can touch, preventing them from getting stuck. (pupae, predator, or bots in ramps/stairs)
Here... is advisable a configurable fallback... Man, gimme a floor check please in walk/jumps specs, I want mobile bridges to work as should without other SpecialCost in Uscript - because UScript is SLOW.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The route mapper is a runtime function to search paths (unrelated to paths builder), the reference pawn is the path finder prototype that can fail to meet some of the path network's conditions as originally intended in FindPathToward.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:The route mapper is a runtime function to search paths (unrelated to paths builder),
Ahah, now it sounds interesting...
Tell me more, where is that pawn defined ? How is the concept ?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I've been digging for some free space in an old machine (where I did attachment MH map for mapping 3072 contest), a few GB are available there but that's not the main subject. I went ahead to deploy XC_EngineV23... when a surprise suddenly has popped up, it doesn't work because of some XC_Core reasons. I'll stick with V21 where I have Range control at mapping paths... and I'll update the rest of builders later.
When this XC won't be any more compatible with my machines I'll take a break from testing/using it for an undefined time. I do not have plans to buy computers because I need money for another personal purpose. After that *maybe I'll buy a machine ONLY if those "geniuses" will have fixed CPU problems (Spectre family and MeltTown here), else I won't throw money for a newer the same sh!t-yard but at a higher speed. Or maybe mobile devices are going to be more smart than clever (actually they are flawed too), offering emulators or whatever options...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Map listing overhaul for both game menu and mapvotes.
No more crashes and super fast.
Attachments
MapSort.PNG
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I need to try this... and evilgrins if he have more maps than me in my UT folder :loool:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Stupid question: Will mapvotes load faster if you have XC_Engine on your client, but the server you are playing on doesn't have XC_Engine installed server side?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

No, but for next release even if you're connected to a client, your Practise Session menu won't take forever (or crash) when loading the map list.
Although, since the internal map list building is a XC_Engine addon, said addon will be disable when you're connected to a server, so there won't be any special sorting done.

Added a major milestone for next build, which is related to the netcode.
https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99/milestone/1
Completinig this would turn UT99 server's replication code better than all Unreal Engine 3 games'.
The biggest improvement of this would be the maximization of tickrate (120) without hurting gameplay or data usage.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

what's the true number limit to load maps for every gametype within ut with no crash?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

darksonny wrote:what's the true number limit to load maps for every gametype within ut with no crash?
Not sure, I have like about 10 so far! :mrgreen:
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Chamberly wrote:
darksonny wrote:what's the true number limit to load maps for every gametype within ut with no crash?
:ironic2: I hope that's not true lol
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

darksonny wrote:
Chamberly wrote:
Actually, about 20 including the default.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Chamberly wrote:
darksonny wrote:
Chamberly wrote:
What higor is doing here this could be solved in some future? thats very limited :/ I could load 100 maps per gametype except dom moreover I exceed the limit I get crash
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

darksonny wrote:
Chamberly wrote:
darksonny wrote:
Chamberly wrote:
What higor is doing here this could be solved in some future? thats very limited :/ I could load 100 maps per gametype except dom moreover I exceed the limit I get crash
I mean 20 gametypes. I do have nearly 500 UT maps or so, just a guess.

While I do use XC_Engine at the moment and doesn't get the crash, but with so many BT vs CTF ones are a bit lag-slow but it's fine. Because in CTF, it load all CTF prefixes including the bunnytrack maps that also falls under using CTF prefix (CTF-BT*).