XC_Engine megathread

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Post by sektor2111 »

After looking at Image now I can expect, until to see it of course I did not expect. :tu: :lol:
Man... can you explain like for a peasant with simple words in a Document (user friendly explained summary) some of internal deals from All XC_Engine (not all those causing exploits for raw servers) but... because when I do testing something I need to know what is changed/fixed to not fail in a plain server. If I do a bad-ass pathing deal I intend to make things to work in the same way for everyone... I'm not bitching at XC haters, maybe they have reasons for not using this Engine. Me personally I do not have reasons for not using it, for me it's part of a default server-install but turning off relevance and collision deals. Yes, bSuperRelevant won't work in this case but... I have other methods...
Higor
Godlike

v22 beta!!

Post by Higor »

This is beta build of the current stuff using Visual Studio 2015 (no need to install any C runtime).
Must only be applied over a v21 build.

Won't be enumerating changes until the full build is out.

Stuff that could use some more tests:
- XC_Launch should have 'UnrealTournament' as title as well.
- See if XC_Launch/UnrealTournament process ends up lingering in the task manager after closing the game.
- UCC2 console interface entirely rewritten using WinApi (for win32), Y/N handlers are cooler (try compiling a native class) and servers can change the title of the console (as with UT.exe dedicated).
- UTF-8 + Unlimited length logging on XC_Launch/UCC2 (try test attacking log using invalid characters and long strings if you can).
- Raw Input: not all Windows systems properly support this, and changing the setting requires a game restart.

Let me know if you find problems and bugs, I plan to release this by christmas or earlier!
XC_C9_E22_ U4_L4_beta.7z
(321.32 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
===============
Mini-updates (apply after beta)
XC_Engine_22_b3.7z
Fixed framerate limiter applying bad limit on clients that are recording demos.
(86.44 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
CacusLib_xp_1.7z
(90.77 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by Higor on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Editor doesn't work for me.
[attachment=2]EditorError.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]EditorError_1.PNG[/attachment]

Neither the game
[attachment=0]GameError.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
GameError.PNG
EditorError_1.PNG
EditorError.PNG
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Your UnrealEd is probably running on compatibility mode.
If not, the try compatibility mode on various OS's.

That specific function is on CacusLib and it locates the user's 'Home' dir equivalent in windows, which is most likely your Documents folder.
(Yes, I was considering some form of Homedir alternative in windows... but I don't think I'll do it)
If you get it to work, let me know:

- Compatibility modes > each case if it works.
- Normal mode > works or not? + Operating system version/build.

I may consider manually loading that entry point and handling the error on CacusLib to prevent load failure.

EDIT:
Send via PM your Shell32.dll so I can take a look at what other functions it may be missing (don't forget to mention from which OS it's from).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

PM sent.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

- Found a little bug with the fps display: Image
- Can't join a server by double clicking in the server list browser, I have to right click -> Join server to join a server.

- XC_Launch isn't lingering in services after closing UT(multiple times i've checked {Latest Windows 10 build}).
- Don't have any issues launching Unreal Editor.

I'll edit this post if I find more stuff.

Also is the xc_engine tab in preferences included in this build, just checking in case I messed something up in my install.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

CacusLib should now be fully compatible with Windows XP, check the post with the downloads.
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Also is the xc_engine tab in preferences included in this build, just checking in case I messed something up in my install.
Yes, it should be included.
Also, that FPS counter being zero means that the clients internal level (Entry level) isn't being updated at all.
Will see what's up with double click, have you tried with XC_Launch? (just to see if it's an internal timing problem... or a OS problem)
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Higor wrote:CacusLib should now be fully compatible with Windows XP, check the post with the downloads.
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Will see what's up with double click, have you tried with XC_Launch? (just to see if it's an internal timing problem... or a OS problem)
Yeah I tried with both the XC_Launch and the default exe, both the same problem. I also noticed every server in my favourites displays with 4 ping but everything else seems to be accurate(players, mutators, ect).
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I took it, install it, ran it, played it, and still pop heads and chew bubble gum. :mrgreen:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And I still need my Editor back... Because I want to test that "CleanLevel" stuff... I see no one is talking about adds.
And I see traceShot changed - I have to add that too in a custom extra package if this build won't work.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Small private debate was helpful. Some dependencies were working only in parts causing halfs of loads or such, making internal calls deprecated. Problem solved but...
Now I have to do a detailed examination because some structures are changed, Objects turned into Actors, new options and all that. For creating configurable packages I will need a bit of time, because I'm using them configurable and not everything hard-coded. So far it looks fine, I want to look at... Player stuff, testing CleaningLevel feature, and so on...

Edit: Lol, CleaningLevel would be great for those mapping contests 300k 512k...

Edit2:
NAH, I cannot compile anything... rolling back to v21.
[attachment=0]ucc_reject.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
ucc_reject.PNG
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

:loool:
I shipped UCC under 'UCC2.exe' in the beta.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This is UCC2 from beta package renamed to UCC.exe in order to get hooked by Umake. Then I copied UCC.EXE from 451 and that one works. 90+ kb UCC doesn't work returning even something like invalid Win32 application depending on something unknown to me.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Visual Studio 2015 defaults to Vista apps, now it should work for XP/2003 systems.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

C++11 fopen cannot lock files :thudown: :thudown:
Which messes up with the functionality of making multiple UnrealTournament/UCC instances not using the same name for the log file... instead they all write to the same file simultaneously (what the hell?)
gg

Going to have to create a platform-specific file api or something for CacusLib.
If you launch the same UCC on multiple instances (multi server in same box), make sure you pass a different -log parameter to each.