Apparently map DM-Citizen has the perfect lift. In reality I don't like it and this lift is the same as without XC_Engine.iSense wrote:With XC version 22 running on a server, classic maps like:
Are still having elevator issues. (Delays up and down)
- we don't need more than 500 distance between center and Exit - If Editor is causing ugly links just move sh!t ammo away - why do they need to be there ?;
- we don't need that lift timer + placement for LiftCenter - it's not needed in the middle of lift it can be just more Reachable as possible;
- we can set Lift ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach and - chapter is closed (not closet);
- we can add a node on ledge for making down route SHORTER instead of using lift for going down;
- we can use bOneWayPath for preventing taking that lift route on the down way;
- we can remove Node from ramp nearby Armor and adding other on ledge connected with armor and simple discarding RAMP from being used and making A.I. to jump and to use lift at moving up or pawn spawned there. Bots won't get stuck in ramp at this point because there are closer nodes to follow.
These LIFT problems are not generated by XC_Engine, but by mapper himself.
Map is very well designed - respect for that. The problem of Lift can be adjusted with a patch plugin but... why not having stuff correctly for everyone.
Speaking about Lift Issues ? No speech... simple as that. That one has ZERO PATHS at lifts so we cannot speak about bugs but about ZERO SKILL in mapping lifts. If I'm posting a "screenshot" you'll figure what paths are those - such a mess won't sit in my grounds without patching or... remaking map. So far I will remove it because I find it useless. I think author was confusing PathNodes with Lights .
To summarize: you can stop blaming XC_Engine for your junk UNR files supposed to be maps.
Why discussion in XC thread ? Because XC_PathBuilder for UT Editor can help in controlling path links without adding extra routes bugging jumps around. Such a pathing task won't be done (without being a bit naughty) in default Editor's devs because Epic won't fix anything for UT'99 - they don't really care about it.
Asking for Editor improvements ? They are done - do USE them.
I suppose it's useless to ask mappers a question for personal curiosity:
Have you ever noticed that some ammo have at default properties PHYS_Falling ? Usually here comes that "fell out of world" thing. Can you stop happening this ? Because I can - it takes 10 seconds or 15 if I'm sleepy.
ConsoleCommand in Editor <set Ammo bSelected 1> right click then for all Ammo - defaultproperties - Movement - Physics -> PHYS_None - end of story.