XC-Engine / elevator issues

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby iSenSe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Everything XC related will be gone, and won't come back probably. ( please tell me what the advantages are.. you gotta convince me now... :tu: )
I am done with the fact how feedback is expected here and not welcomed, you 2 man project are really, really crazy.

If you are only one of those "button-type-only" admins, then all explanations from documents toward INI settings might not worth wasting time. This is the first admin duty, checking and setting up INI files and understanding them, else that server it's only a cheap muppets show.


I study and test my mods with documentation and ini's very carefully. (check the classicut99 server, it's a masterpiece :agree1: )
I work in IT on linux /raspberrys and windows, and know my commands sektor.
I just don't master any form of coding language, a little PHP is there though..

You are just ''too far gone'' to even understand such simple facts, by assuming every admin masters UE knowledge.

back to documentation;
Usually it's a nice read about what the mod/mut does in actual terms without too much jargon.

XC documentation = all jargon for UE dev's.
Not for UT server administrators.


Like above, the changes you suggest in the ini.
Please show me in the documentation where this is told :agree1:
What, you can't? :tongue:


And when i say crazy?
I mean, craaaaaaaazzyyyyyyyyy :agree1:
Last edited by iSenSe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
iSenSe
Skilled
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby sektor2111 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:47 pm

iSenSe wrote:I am done with the fact how feedback is expected here and not welcomed, you 2 man project are really, really crazy.

Yeah, I have figured that feedback written with 150 letter size - very constructive - thanks... I did not claim that I'm normal :noidea , perhaps a bit crazy but... anyway... it looks like I have to explain in very simple terms how to install XC (for others) and all values meaning because are a bit too spread - that full document was asked before if I well remember... And all those things from INI should be there - created - if all installation was done properly. But when in your INI are missing values, I think that install had a failure.

Back on stage.
Higor, how goes with that Editor Adds package ?
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby iSenSe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:02 pm

iSenSe wrote:Like above, the changes you suggest in the ini.
Please show me in the documentation where this is told :agree1:


Sektor wrote:But when in your INI are missing values, I think that install had a failure.


That assumption alone... man oh man. :quadruplefacepalm:

Does the term out-of-the box say anything? mean anything? rings a bell somewhere?
sektor2111 wrote:But I would like to see your XC_Engine.ini file how does it looks like...

iSenSe wrote:Sure man.
It's out of the box:
Last edited by iSenSe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
iSenSe
Skilled
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby sektor2111 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Mover and other tweaks are probably described here - and unfortunately I've learned them at first reading...
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12687&start=0#p104588
then another
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=13111&p=110057&hilit=bFixMoverTimeMP#p110057
in spoiler for V22.
Higor should collect everything because all it's too spread, I think...
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby iSenSe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks CacoFFF on discord.
Something with collisionhook on false in UT.ini.
Aanddd SOLVED.

What in the hell are you talking about man in everything you say.. @sektor

Get your head straight on the forum topic replies.
I wasted too much time on your crazy head, damn you can save yourself alot of time you know that?
Luckily it was a learning moment for me, and this won't happen again.

Feedback should be handled by those, who know how to handle feedback.


Goodluck. o/
Last edited by iSenSe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
iSenSe
Skilled
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby sektor2111 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Good luck to you too - if you can deal with those INI-s. You can save another time of yours by not sending me any PM, okay ? I don't need to read your fascinating replies after all.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: XC_Engine megathread

Postby iSenSe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 pm

sektor2111 wrote:Good luck to you too - if you can deal with those INI-s.


Hopefully and rightfully Caco will put it in the docs, i am sure ;)
User avatar
iSenSe
Skilled
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Previous

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest