FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Re: FerBotz (new AI, release 6)

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Higor wrote:The host loads an edited version of the map, (no decos, no details, no brushes, FULLY CUSTOMIZED PATHING), and spawns a dummy pawn with special properties that interact with the customized paths.
Not really sure what you mean by 'Fully Customized Pathing' though. Could you perhaps elaborate on that? I have been doing lots of stuff that consisted or have been related to bot support but I'm unsure of what you are saying there. Still a n00b....
Higor wrote:The other bot (codename AiHelper) had major progress in client pathfinding, and it requires 2 UT's running.
So, do you mean that it requires more machine power to run it? Or does this consist of a Host and a Client?
Higor wrote:Upon receiving the directions the client link will notify the AiHelper module and the client bot will start moving, via input axis control like a real player does.
A have been waiting to see that text. :D
Not exactly sure, but I hope that means that bots will no longer move straight from node to node unless they interact with an enemy pawn.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

1-Let's just say the host UT is a GPS, that runs an altered version of the map, with far better pathing (planning to make an air node system somehow, for jetpack users).

2-Well, a simple dedicated server with no players and nearly no dynamic stuff can't take more than 1 millisecond to process a frame, though it would require a "Realtime CPU priority" from windows to make sure it's completely lagless since it runs in the background.

3-This is only for the AiHelper client bot, the BotZ navigation still uses the engine's basic moving functions (80% of cases).
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Hey Higor,

Quite some time has passed. Xmas is coming and we haven't heard much from you about your progress on ferbotz. Since school won't be an issue with time consuption I was wondering if we will have a chance any time sooner to check out what you have been working on. It would be good atleast to know botz new implanted features. That's if you worked on them.
:arrow: :arrow:
Higor wrote:I was busy with Siege Ultimate
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Only small progress on the Flak Cannon profile, i've seriously been slacking off...
Though, it's worthy progress...

1v1 against Aegor in a Flak arena DM-Liandri, bad idea.
Lost 55 - 7. (and i've been practicing at uK's Niven flak carnages...)

What i'm stuck at is, i'm trying to figure out a way to make FerBotZ a server only package.
Something like using dummy playerpawn clones to be displayed on clients so the FerBotZ package isn't sent, and there's no mismatches.

It would somehow turn FerBotZ into fake player controllers.
I'd need to figure out a way to make the client player able to interact with the dummy PlayerPawns, while making the server process all damage and visual using the BotZ pawns instead.

If I manage to do that, I won't ever need to worry about mismatches (which would fire up the BotZ into servers).
Higor
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, release 6.5)

Post by Higor »

Updated first post

- Changelog from version 6.5

Added experimental weapon profile system
Experimental client/server simulator that makes it possible to host BotZ without mismatches
The function manager can be subclassed and replaced, future workframe into using optimized functions from the community SDK.
Weapons that currently have advanced profiles are:
* Flak Cannon
* Bio rifle
* Impact Hammer
* Shock rifle

=============
It's basically the latest PreV7 with Flak profile, client simulator, function manager plugin and aim rotation fixed.

EDIT:
Saying in advance: ZeroPing will clearly not register shots on BotZ's...
Merry Christmas and happy fragging
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Higor wrote:Merry Christmas and happy fragging
And to you too.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Higor wrote:1-Let's just say the host UT is a GPS, that runs an altered version of the map, with far better pathing (planning to make an air node system somehow, for jetpack users).
Check out the mod "Spatial Fear" Look at their version of UEd, and open one of their maps. They have made air/flying pathnodes!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/spatial-fear
You may be able to get permission to use their system :tu:

Also can you look at Xbots and Adjustobots. Maybe you and Loathsome can make the next-gen U1 A.I. together ?
http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/loathsomesbo ... s/1-1-0-13
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Dr.Flay wrote:Check out the mod "Spatial Fear" Look at their version of UEd, and open one of their maps. They have made air/flying pathnodes!
You may be able to get permission to use their system :tu:
Got around to that running my GPS setup in Unreal227i, now that the pathing functions can be altered in unrealscript, the pathing capabilities of 227i are... simply, monstruous.

====
About the BotZ skill adjusting, that's still unfinished homework...
At least the MUTATE ADDBOTZ fully randomizes the BotZ to be added, though you'd need to make up some more aliases (there's around 20).
The faction system has an extra parameter that either increases or reduces this faction's overal skill (3 choices is better than none :loool: ).
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Higor wrote:Check out the mod "Spatial Fear" Look at their version of UEd, and open one of their maps. They have made air/flying pathnodes!
You may be able to get permission to use their system

Got around to that running my GPS setup in Unreal227i, now that the pathing functions can be altered in unrealscript, the pathing capabilities of 227i are... simply, monstruous.
Mhhh...
To create an air path network system using specific nodes and a guiding system for botz. Now, botz with jetpacks (strangelove rockets?)...... sound fantastic!

What exactly or to what extend will the pathing capabilities change besides the air node path system? Also,
Higor wrote:that runs an altered version of the map
Will that require another similar map made by the author specifically for botz or will it be generated? I know that for example Unreal Editior 2.0 has a automatic but crappy pathing system if dealing with wide and open space area. It does the job though.
Higor wrote:Host UT will call traces, do the BotZ's impact launching checks (not implemented).

A good thing that will prevent bot glitching by failing to reach a specic inventory over and over again. Since we're discussing botz AiHelper I wonder if you're planning on creating a automic impact launching fuction for botz that will allow them to reach specific areas that don't have a jumpspot located near them. Basically, a bot being able to reach a location with a special pickup (invisibility, weapon damage increase, armor) without using the Ai path provided by the mapper that could be more time consuming. This could be definitely a good tactical feature. Reaching inventory before an enemy does, or perhaps capturing a domination point faster and more efficiently. Imagine botz in dm-deck16 reaching the shield belt from the bottom part of the map or even jump to a higher ramp without having to go down and then back up.

Well, I hope you guys get the point of what I'm trying to say here. Since botz already have a fun and great impact hammer weapon combat profile, why not have a efficient navigation system too? I would like to discuss why or why not would this be possible and whether you guys see it as a sloppy and bad in general idea or the opposite of that.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The secondary UT (gps) was intended for another kind of Bot (client AI) bot.

FerBotZ is a server AI bot and depends on the navigationPoints the mapper decides to add, unfortunately.
Mmmhh, I wonder if Shadow's SDK 'can' have the capabilities of enhancing navigation network construction... I guess that's more of an editor issue but a man can dream.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

An air pathwork wouldn't be hard to implement. The network would get messy fast though because you'd need a lot of them unless you didn't mind very narrow flying corridors.

I'm kind of surprised these aren't done yet. You'd need a pathnode subclass that can be placed away from BSP and only activates a bot when the bot is flying an SLV. Really not that tough, in fact I could see this being a map embedded thing.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

@JackGriffin: 0fus made a start with it in slv2 (aka skynotes), but he left ut and didn't complete skynetwork/botsupport and left bugs in slv.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

We've talked about that before and not to derail a thread but it's a shame that SLV is such a mess of versions and 'my code' and unshared stuff. It has the potential to be a really fun mod if the kinks were worked out.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Any opinions on the air-nodes in "Spatial Fear" ?
It is already built for UT after-all.

I had a quick play with it a while back, and it "feels like" the ones in 2K4, but more investigation is warranted, as if that wheel has already been built, why re-invent it ?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

No research on air nodes yet, the jetpack support for BotZ is intended for Siege but... all 100% of siege maps don't include air nodes... or even proper pathing :loool:

Moving iterators and slow code to the function manager base class... and replacing them in the sdkBFM plugin, which is literally a faster function manager that runs on UT's with UT SDK enabled.
Adding multiple BotZ at a time shouldn't hang the client (or server) for around 0.5-1 second anymore, this happened due to weapon class loading per BotZ, weapon loading is now only done when the first BotZ is added instead.