Novice

Re: FerBotz (new AI, global release 17)

Post by gust »

native FerBotz error.
ServerActors=NexgenPlayerLookup201N.NexgenPlayerLookup

ServerLog

Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Log: Browse: DM-Codex?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=FerBotz.BotzMutator,?
Log: LoadMap: DM-Codex?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=FerBotz.BotzMutator,?
Log: Bound to Fire.dll
Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 16168->16167; refs: 481774
Log: Game class is 'DeathMatchPlus'
Log: Server Package: Botpack
Log: Server Package: SoldierSkins
Log: Server Package: CommandoSkins
Log: Server Package: FCommandoSkins
Log: Server Package: SGirlSkins
Log: Server Package: BossSkins
Log: Server Package: FerbotZ_cl_3
Log: Spawning: NexgenPlayerLookup201N.NexgenPlayerLookup
Log: Level is Level DM-Codex.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Codex.MyLevel up for play (60)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=FerBotz.BotzMutator,?
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-Codex.DMMutator0
ScriptLog: Mutators FerBotz.BotzMutator,
ScriptLog: Add mutator FerBotz.BotzMutator
Log: Bound to FerBotz.dll
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Can't find 'intABotz_PathLoaderexecclearArray' in 'FerBotz.dll'
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UPackage::GetDllExport
Critical: UFunction::Bind
Critical: UField::PostLoad
Critical: UStruct::PostLoad
Critical: UFunction::PostLoad
Critical: UObject::ConditionalPostLoad
Critical: (Function FerBotz.Botz_PathLoader.clearArray)
Critical: PostLoadObjects
Critical: UObject::EndLoad
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Core.Class FerBotz.BotzMutator NULL)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (DeathMatchPlus DM-Codex.DeathMatchPlus0, Function Botpack.DeathMatchPlus.InitGame)
Critical: BeginPlay
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 01/02/15 23:00:49
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

clearArray <<< Lower case C.

Another package is creating this name with a lower case, causing botz to crash.
Solution > Change said package's name to have a upper case C at the start.

It is standard Epic coding style to make non-single letter functions and variable names have proper casing.
gust
Novice

Post by gust »

thx!
went well :)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Where we upto with this one Higor? does it now work with Smart DM/CTF as I remember we had issues with it a
while back and something needed to be hacked (SmartDM iirc)?

Be Good to be able to have this 'Play Well with Others' lol.

also curious but ... does ferbotz have some kinda leveling for the botz? or is there just one level (hard)?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

The Botz just don't show up on smartctf/dm (tried it awhile back). I think it's just smartctf/dm mod itself for not picking up the botz but I don't think it matter.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

LOL.

Code: Select all

IsA('PlayerPawn') || IsA('Bot')
A coder staying true to his ideals is a nice thing to have, one so stubborn to not see where he's wrong is another one.
When ~V~ and I were discussing the linux charset being limited to only 127 chars severely affecting his xConsole, he told me that he had to change the behaviour of some functions by detecting if UT was a linux build.
But... charset and engine platform don't really have to be correlated at all, what about the MAC version of UT? Does it need said behaviour change on xConsole as well?

So, we came up with a better way for tackling that issue other than checking if the game's audio driver is the linux one.
To directly check the issue itself by doing:

if ( Asc(Chr(257)) != 257 )
    bLimitedCharset=True
That is a global fix, works on any OS, any version, any platform without the coder having to know which versions/builds have the extended charset issue.

So, why is it so hard to globalize the player detection spawn notify by checking the PlayerReplicationInfo (0.1 second delay so all vars are set) for:

- bIsSpectator=False && Spectator(Owner) == none
- PlayerID >= 0
- Owner != none && Owner.bIsPlayer
(And maybe another one i missed...)
If that was done, SmartDM would be working with Unreal 1 bots, FerBotz, and monsters with PRI's.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Hello Higor.

I tested yourFerbotz yesterday, on my server. (Debian, 64 Bit)

They are really great and it is fun to play with/against them, they are harder but you can still hit them because they dont strafe like a tornado leftrightlleftright (If you ever play with Camper/Bunnyrifle you know what i mean)

But unfortunately they did not work with BunnyFooFoo headshot Bonus, and after some minutes the serverlog raised to 650 MB which, at some point, makes the server laggy. (i7 4x3,4Ghz, so enough power)
Botz_BaddingSpot DM-1on1-Deck16][.Botz_BaddingSpot13 (Function FerBotz.Botz_BaddingSpot.ApplyBadding:00A4) Accessed None
Botz_BaddingSpot DM-1on1-Deck16][.Botz_BaddingSpot12 (Function FerBotz.Botz_BaddingSpot.RemoveBadding:0023) Accessed None
Botz_BaddingSpot DM-1on1-Deck16][.Botz_BaddingSpot12 (Function FerBotz.Botz_BaddingSpot.RemoveBadding:002B) Attempt to assigned variable through None
Botz DM-1on1-Deck16][.Botz0 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:006C) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)

Is there any solution?

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

ROFL. I only notice the dodgebotting on the bots on OMA server but that's just the crazy bot setting.

What BFF mut you are using? I noticed there is all kinds of them out there but I wanna get the right one.

Btw, have you tried playing with Aegor[Botz] on deck16?
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Chamberly wrote:ROFL. I only notice the dodgebotting on the bots on OMA server but that's just the crazy bot setting.

What BFF mut you are using? I noticed there is all kinds of them out there but I wanna get the right one.

Btw, have you tried playing with Aegor[Botz] on deck16?
It is BunnyFooFooV5s. Players get Headshot bonus, but you don´t get Bonus shooting Botheads.
No idea if i plyaed Aegor, but Higor really should learn to play UT :D

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The whole BaddinPaths system was broken for over a year in the non-native release now that I realize...
So ppl's been using the native release it would seem :)

In the meantime I'm removing lots of log spam and stuff...

PD:
The Aegor challenge is on cham's server, look it up on Challenges tabs and pick flak one lol.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Challenges? That sounds interesting, i should have a look at it ;)

So i should try native ferbotz? Okay, trying it then.

Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Higor wrote:LOL.

IsA('PlayerPawn') || IsA('Bot')
A coder staying true to his ideals is a nice thing to have, one so stubborn to not see where he's wrong is another one.
When ~V~ and I were discussing the linux charset being limited to only 127 chars severely affecting his xConsole, he told me that he had to change the behaviour of some functions by detecting if UT was a linux build.
But... charset and engine platform don't really have to be correlated at all, what about the MAC version of UT? Does it need said behaviour change on xConsole as well?

So, we came up with a better way for tackling that issue other than checking if the game's audio driver is the linux one.
To directly check the issue itself by doing:

if ( Asc(Chr(257)) != 257 )
    bLimitedCharset=True
That is a global fix, works on any OS, any version, any platform without the coder having to know which versions/builds have the extended charset issue.

So, why is it so hard to globalize the player detection spawn notify by checking the PlayerReplicationInfo (0.1 second delay so all vars are set) for:

- bIsSpectator=False && Spectator(Owner) == none
- PlayerID >= 0
- Owner != none && Owner.bIsPlayer
(And maybe another one i missed...)
If that was done, SmartDM would be working with Unreal 1 bots, FerBotz, and monsters with PRI's.
Are you able to fix it for us Higor? Download & Info
^it's actually Opensource and not Obfuscated..

Proasm has not been coding since that release over a year ago now. :/ and it is Originally "This guy's" Work.

also may need to track down latest stable release of SmartCTF and do the same as that did'nt work either.. even with you Patch..

Finally , is there anyway to ADJUST FERBOTZ SKILL LEVELS?.. or we just get em with default setting (HARD)?
Last edited by Wises on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I've been wanting a nice scoreboard for betrayal mod for ages...
May as well take it over.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Higor wrote:I've been wanting a nice scoreboard for betrayal mod for ages...
May as well take it over.
that would be Awesome !!

We were working on a New CTF Scoreboard before it all went South , is semi functional inside of the Code as you will see..

Edit: in which case you would'nt need to track down SCTF as you could incorporate a better custom version perhaps.

Edit:

[color=red][b]Edit:[/b][/color]
^ Should be a flippin bbcode :/

BTW: The Mac OS is based I think on... BSD also there hardware is Intel Based..
AskUbuntu forums wrote:Mac OS is based on a BSD code base, while Linux is an independent development of a unix-like system. This means that these systems are similar, but not binary compatible.

Furthermore, Mac OS has lots of applications that are not open source and are build on libraries that are not open source. Because of this reason, it is not possible to port those applications to run on Linux without being the copyright owner of those applications and libraries.
more info
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Man... Played some Ferbotz + Siege offline for a few hours on CTF-Clarion, having a couple of brute force point at their base and quite a bit of lags but I ignored it, and have a 18.5 GB of log and can't even open it. x.x LOL!

Was pretty funny to know they pick up any skin and voice pack I have installed in my UT and use it. Those UT2k3 (or 2k4?) characters looks buggy tho, weird sequences aren't operating correctly but oh well, not much matter to me. In fact, I should delete them...