XC_Engine [20] - XC_Core [7b] - XC_IpDrv

Higor
Godlike

Re: XC_GameEngine [build 8 - Faster upload - MH related fixe

Post by Higor »

ServerCrashFix appears to be fully functional on it's own, I see no reason to implement redundant functionality.

Got the PC working again, false alarm with my Radeon HD3650.
This piece of crap has two DVI ports and likes randomly switching the main display from one to the other once a month, among other weird stuff like being unable to sustain a stable display after about 25 resolution changes... it goes back to normal if I reapply yet another resolution change.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Why do you perform so many resolution changes?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Running fullscreen games.
UT is a different case, been running UT windowed for years now as it makes it super easy to multitask or quickly rebuild and retest stuff without wasting time.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

This^

I toggle between full screen and windowed mode often, multitasking and other things. I abuse the ability to switch between the two a lot.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

OK? This is new to me
Higor wrote:UT is a different case, been running UT windowed for years now as it makes it super easy to multitask or quickly rebuild and retest stuff without wasting time.
You can edit stuff like maps and code with an open UT running?
I thought you can't save a file if it's running in another program. If a file get called by two instances will you get a error message. The file is write-protected.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Higor wrote:ServerCrashFix appears to be fully functional on it's own, I see no reason to implement redundant functionality.
perhaps need to have XC_Engine auto-check and disable it's Timers if it detects Servercrashfixes ones running?
Got the PC working again, false alarm with my Radeon HD3650.
This piece of crap has two DVI ports and likes randomly switching the main display from one to the other once a month, among other weird stuff like being unable to sustain a stable display after about 25 resolution changes... it goes back to normal if I reapply yet another resolution change.
^glad to hear you got it working.. perhaps upgrade GC they cheap these days like $50-$60
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Unrealiable buffer bug couldn't be fixed in ServerCrashFix. Only a new 451 compilation solved problem (I wonder why not including 436-440 as well) older versions non-recompiled suffer the same problem. I was thinking that XC extension can hook them and call it's own deal, that's why I asked. If is too much testing work at (re)coding, then I can wait as much as is necessary.
A solid engine will be a bless for all community and... more opened to coding than... avoid that, fix this, tweak there, etc. More mods are running in protecting purpose based on guessing. Probably time come to ruin all crap out of this engine and let's play happy more smoother out of "guards" having a native immunity and stability.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

papercoffee wrote:OK? This is new to me
You can edit stuff like maps and code with an open UT running?
I thought you can't save a file if it's running in another program. If a file get called by two instances will you get a error message. The file is write-protected.
When it's stuff like XC_GameEngine, I run my tests with the compiler up and quickly close and reopen UT, takes a minute to setup the test scenario again.
- Open a test map. (CTF-Warzone, MoverTest.unr, Galleon.unr)
- Input necessary command. (exec Warzone.txt > suddenly, 20v20)

Whet it's about mapping, simply load another map and the write protection will be gone without even closing UT.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

I have found that there is no real need for a redirect server if you use this XC game engine and the following applies;
1..) dedicated or vps server
2..) file sizes are not too big (or will be a bit slower)

probably not recommended if using home connection with <=512kbs upload.. else may cause lag issues (assumably)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

By hosting a private home party each admin can compute shared resources. Max. 20000 for play x 4-6 friends = 120000. The rest until completing connection will be shared for redirect clamping download speed/IP. If resources are computed well won't be causing any trouble, so I recommend an external application with speed limit feature in such case. For a giant Network power, yes, it doesn't need redirection - no need HDD space wasted with UZ files and neither time to compress them for hours, some files are sucks and needs a lot of time to be compressed. As I recall last time I went in town with family until files were compressed... To not mess redirection, I have compressed everything and removed later stock stuff which doesn't need redirection.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I'm just wondering... what if I make a pre-level switch checker that warns developers about dangerous actor references?
Nulls them out as well, hopefull it won't take up too many resources pre-level switch don't you think?

What it would do:
- Scan object table for transient stuff.
- Check all object refereces on these transient objects (console, windows mainly).
- If something has a reference to an actor in the main level, output a warning in the log and null out said reference.

Effects:
- Better UWindow development environment with minimal code trace.
- Crash workaround for miscoded windows.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:that warns developers about dangerous actor references?
Yeah, details ?

I would like to see some default header abstracts how can be pointed to custom U files... eh...
Example:
ScriptedPawn
Bot
Decoration
TournamentPlayer
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Higor wrote:I'm just wondering... what if I make a pre-level switch checker that warns developers about dangerous actor references?
Nulls them out as well, hopefull it won't take up too many resources pre-level switch don't you think?

What it would do:
- Scan object table for transient stuff.
- Check all object refereces on these transient objects (console, windows mainly).
- If something has a reference to an actor in the main level, output a warning in the log and null out said reference.

Effects:
- Better UWindow development environment with minimal code trace.
- Crash workaround for miscoded windows.
Would be good to try! :idea:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@higor asumably would get around resent problems we have had with certain mods and if it would fix said issues then this would indeed be a great idea.

esp if other mods are no longer supported.(developed)
perhaps set it as an optional extra where if an admin encounters issues then they can set bUseWorkaround=True

which would then activate said subroutine to attempt to fix 'issues' else stay as is.

:;
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Alright then, design time!

- Property cache object (based on the TravelManager cache)
--- Store classes, with SuperClass and Actor properties references.

- Create the property cache object pre-mapswitch.
- Loop: Objects with Outer=Transient
- Loop: Objects with Outer=Entry
- Loop: ScriptedTexture objects
--- Cache if class not listed.
--- Iterate the cached properties of said class to find actor property types.
--- Analyse the reference, if reference Outer chain leads to 'GameEngine.Level', null out and send a log warning.

- Let the garbage collector destroy the property cache object as the map switches.