XC_Engine [20] - XC_Core [7b] - XC_IpDrv

Higor
Godlike

Re: XC_Engine [15] - XC_Core [2]

Post by Higor »

And that's why LCWeapons_0015 wasn't publicly released.
(0014 is even worse lol)
I'll get to 0016 as soon as i'm done with the Siege thing i'm working on.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Hmmmmmm good to know.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

One of the rare crash I had. Crashed out like 3 times last night siegeing... 1 from demo vs ace, 1 from map holding transient objects or whatever the hell is going on in there.. and that.

Not something usual.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

How can I view if the download in LZMA is being lowered my ut , the folders set standards , not lowering the original ut files??

I see it seems this by downloading the original file ut...

DevNet: Client requested file: Allowed
DevNet: Sending '../Textures/close3.utx'
DevNet: NotifyAcceptingChannel File 1 server Level CTF-close-company 3.MyLevel: Accepted
DevNet: Client requested file: Allowed
DevNet: Sending '../Music/dieselpower.umx'
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Seems to encounter a few problems with v15.

Disabling player vs player collisions affect damage taken by monsters and projectiles are actors not players. Whatever has been changed in Octree is not the best thing - advice about setup?

At some random moment I can see double logins which are not accepted by Nexgen whatever, bullshiting me with identity stolen.

Playing and chatting about stuff - BANG - connection suddenly dropped - It's not an Internet issue because occured in my LAN party too which is not lagged at all and it seems the same for other Win server too. Yes, I could see stuff in both Low ping High ping so I have an image - Server might run as a rock (if doesn't include crap stuff) but player suffers.

In client I have XC_Core + XC_Engine13 + XC_IpDrv - I get redirects, I get LZMA but I can see flaws. Also I see double connections in my server too, previous one being closed after a few time being empty - I did not test any Nexgen because... those are not really MH controllers, I don't need them. Apart from these, it was my first time when I saw a Player to Player telefrag inside team, I really don't recall such things in the past in team-games. Even I was blocking teleporters and only Bot was able to kill human at teleporters.

It's probably recommended to get back at v13.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

hmm these issues have not occured on our MH server or RX
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Qwerty wrote:hmm these issues have not occured on our MH server or RX
I'm not sure if you are playing some hours MH or not, but... I won't do changes in any MH2 as long as it works as it was in purpose + PlayerConfig_XCGE13 + LZMA +XC_ IPDrv. Where I was doing tests players were feeling effects immediately - they are skilled there and are always looking for a challenge.

Probably if yours works so fine, you will want to post your INI setup because I'm interested about functional things + Player Setup.

Edit:
Keep in mind that XC_Engine15 used in player crashed me in your RX server ( read some stuff posted above in whatever mapping section ) when I was attempting a map download/decompress. Retrying 3 times I got 3 the same results so I have quit using v15 for player... So you'll be fine if you read your logs before saying "no issues".

2nd Edit: Pros things >
Using XCGE 15 in both server+client and tuning a bit settings (as player turn all values to False) finally in 2015 I could see MH-CondoVX runing pretty stable - I prefer to not speak about map quality and neither about if I'm interested to end that or not - but now it seems to not crash after a few time from start, I can say that I was hunting 70% of monsters without major problems.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

my logs are clean. I am on both servers every day. Maybe i'm not understanding your specific issue. The only time i crash is during a map switch only sometimes and it only happens when i was minimized or in half screen. Maybe you should post some logs and screenshots of your crash.
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Qwerty wrote:my logs are clean. I am on both servers every day. Maybe i'm not understanding your specific issue. The only time i crash is during a map switch only sometimes and it only happens when i was minimized or in half screen. Maybe you should post some logs and screenshots of your crash.
I always switch between windowed and full screen like I really abuse it to death (using D3D9 b/c openGL give me white screen...)
I don't exactly remember how I stop the crash, but I set my full screen and windowed screen to use a 4:3 ratio... Hmm. I used to crash but I don't within the past few years anymore. I can probably guess it might be related to rendering on the screen.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Qwerty wrote:my logs are clean. I am on both servers every day. Maybe i'm not understanding your specific issue. The only time i crash is during a map switch only sometimes and it only happens when i was minimized or in half screen. Maybe you should post some logs and screenshots of your crash.
The issues sektor is saying only happens if you have XC_Engine for Client version 14 or 15.

Had to rollback to v13
I get this also:
Attachments
Screenshot (195).png
Screenshot (195).png (15.19 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

thanks Mar. I didn't know about the client version. I thought this was server side only
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

Chamberly wrote:
I always switch between windowed and full screen like I really abuse it to death (using D3D9 b/c openGL give me white screen...)
I don't exactly remember how I stop the crash, but I set my full screen and windowed screen to use a 4:3 ratio... Hmm. I used to crash but I don't within the past few years anymore. I can probably guess it might be related to rendering on the screen.

haha im also on windows 10 so who knows
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Qwerty wrote:my logs are clean. I am on both servers every day.
Errors in your servers are suppressed or ignored but not clean for sure. You could see player attempting to join but never entered - connection closed, these things are visible but maybe your are too busy with other problems than fully reading logs. You just proved that an evil thing which might be done in your servers won't be discovered as long as you didn't see these log failures. For your personal knowledge I have logs dated even from 2 years ago including Warning and ScriptWarning and ScriptLog because I need to know what's bad into my stuff in order to fix problems. Also maybe you wanna recall my log posted from that map related to that UnrealApache which I felt immediately without to much dynamic windowed log checking. When such stuff spams my client I simply don't need it - discussion was about those 1000 paths boundary. Later I changed XCGE and finally I could get into game being "fascinated" by spam-log created.

Changing gear:
Accelerated issue description.
Using XCGE15 in a test-version. Starting server dedicated and the same version used for client (as I do all the time during tests); I've been dropped randomly out of game, connection closed - player log sudden interrupted. Without XCGE15 I don't have these problems.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote:
Qwerty wrote:my logs are clean. I am on both servers every day.
Errors in your servers are suppressed or ignored but not clean for sure. You could see player attempting to join but never entered - connection closed, these things are visible but maybe your are too busy with other problems than fully reading logs. You just proved that an evil thing which might be done in your servers won't be discovered as long as you didn't see these log failures. For your personal knowledge I have logs dated even from 2 years ago including Warning and ScriptWarning and ScriptLog because I need to know what's bad into my stuff in order to fix problems. Also maybe you wanna recall my log posted from that map related to that UnrealApache which I felt immediately without to much dynamic windowed log checking. When such stuff spams my client I simply don't need it - discussion was about those 1000 paths boundary. Later I changed XCGE and finally I could get into game being "fascinated" by spam-log created.

Changing gear:
Accelerated issue description.
Using XCGE15 in a test-version. Starting server dedicated and the same version used for client (as I do all the time during tests); I've been dropped randomly out of game, connection closed - player log sudden interrupted. Without XCGE15 I don't have these problems.
All I said was my logs were clear in REGARDS to THIS matter. now read my quote below.
Qwerty wrote:thanks Mar. I didn't know about the client version. I thought this was server side only
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I HAVE READ all posts from this thread, else keep pushing me to clone a bit your server and then don't get frustrated when I'll post ScriptWarnings from server-side and later the cake from client, I see that you insist trying to piss off people but this doesn't work with me :wink: .

If I'm posting an error here or other person, suddenly you do try to say NO PROBLEM - happened already. I really don't get what you want to achieve BUT I'm guessing I won't report anything and you can keep blabbering with your PERFECT stuff.
Higor has asked to report any error and this is what I do, nothing more + trying to explain instances. You don't run any of my stuff as long as I did not released anything, and of course you don't know how I'm testing things. If my reports are disturbing you simply take a look into other direction and ignore me, is that simple.