XC_Engine [20] - XC_Core [7b] - XC_IpDrv

Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: XC_GameEngine [test build 7]

Post by Chamberly »

I'm sure, why not give it a try? CMV is a dynamic loader and I had no problem.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Wat is CMV?.. Link> I May Ask Proasm if he can separate the Actor/Server Loader from MVX.

Edit - Why I ask is because the DPAL (Dynamic Package Actor Loader) uses [engine.GameEngine] I think? so would maybe not detect and Fill [XC_Engine.GameEngine] with Actors / Packages..
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

CMV = CacusMapVote. It already have the dynamic loader.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5439

So why not just try it out already, it doesn't hurt just to waste some time to see if it work or not lol. I've been using it, never had any problem with mod conflict or mod not working so I'm sure it'll work just fine.

Image I swear it work 100x better than asking questions. :twisted:
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

meow sassy arite ;)

so this is the year of the ...

I LIKE IT

:tu:

BTW: was not aware that CMV had Actor loading abilities 0.0
Last edited by Wises on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Now, because the test for previous map passed, I was thinking to recreate such a check called from state... DEAD as it was called and crashed in the past... using disconnect, connect again in a different map. I was binding keys to develop a small mess and... the crash seems to no longer take place. If you have it fixed this means you did an extremely great job. :gj:
CanSeeTests.jpg
It looks like this time things works normally. :)
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

It's Epic's fault for not adding sanity checks in code that can literally shut the game down on the smallest mistake.
The whole PlayerCanSeeMe() function appeared to have been horribly coded, so I decided to rewrite it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The truth is that I don't have full source codes. Aside note, Loki seems to have tuned a bit certain things because it looks like nobody using a Linux server never complained about this. There might be those infinite recursions (adjustaim, etc.) but never this one and very rare in 436. I'll keep that library until you will release something more documented if you want to take a look for other things into engine. (I'll suspect that you will rewrite it completely some day... ).
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

sektor2111 wrote:... if you want to take a look for other things into engine. (I'll suspect that you will rewrite it completely some day... ).
just wondering here and a bit offtopic and probably better suited to This Post on redirect Brainstorming
however.. is it possible to Rewrite the "Redirect Code" to enable for Hash checks etc .. Like you done with XC_GameEngine.Engine?

was thinking instead of trying to find external solutions to fix this 'major Issue' perhaps there is a way to Rewrite and bypass it altogether?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Btw, DPAL uses this macro:
"ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine" which replaces it to whatever's written on that ini entry.
So no problems here.

My next step is to check the other issues pointed out on sektor's post, fix a small problem on GET and SET parsing and then do some research on the FCollisionHash::CheckWithActors crash.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Higor wrote:Btw, DPAL uses this macro:
"ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine" which replaces it to whatever's written on that ini entry.
So no problems here.
That is awesome , have asked dev if he could standalone the DPAL system as it works better then the other one made by Cr@tos many moons ago.
in hindsight there is still alot of good things inside MVX.. however that was 1 of the very few parts of the system which I felt that he nailed.

was not aware however that your CacusMapVote had something like this incorporated into it already? that is also awesome!
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Re: CMV's Dynamic Loader

It's already set, here is a sample of my ini.
MainServerPackages=("NPLoaderLLU_v16b","NPLoaderLLD_V16b","NPLoaderLLS_v16b","MVLA14UUb13C","<Sldr>","<Sldr>_XC_","CommandoSkins","FCommandoSkins","SGirlSkins","BossSkins","Botpack","NexgenCC","Nexgen111","ACEv08g_Cdll","IACEv08c","ACEv08g_C","NPLoader_v16b","CacusBetas0005")
^These are always loaded.

gametypes:
*-Packages="<LC>,<XCS>,<BotzCL>,SmartDM105,SmartDMScoreBoard105")
*-Packages="<XCS>,MonsterHunt2v3,MHCP,UTPostalBabes,UTPostalBabesMusic,UTPostalBabesTextures,MHCheckPoints,healinggunbeta,<LC>")
*-Packages="BTPlusPlusv0994_C,BTPPUser,BTCheckPointsBETA3")

So when a vote is loaded, it load the setting, packages, etc.
The <*> are aliases so you really don't have to type out the whole pkg name.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Game-types don't need to be mentioned as server-packages. They are native automatic called when player attempt to join. I'm not using any sort of game-type described in packages for a few years as long as I run multiple games with a few common things and I don't need any call from each-other between functions and/or actors.

A MH note: MonsterHunt2v3 lacks in monsters presence. If you are not using a mutator to have them in Levels and are counted for opening doors, these might be rammed as long as counter did not receive all events. Feel free to experiment your coding skill in reworking MonsterHunt2V3Cha or such if you want good replacements, monsters, other errors out, etc. Some maps functional in default MH 5.03 and 5.04 have chances to break or to do sucks in MonsterHunt2V3 - That's why MonsterHunt2V3 has source-code attached (if download is official) in order to clarify missing points.

Binaries problem: Yes, Collision problems were the second reason for taking down MH while some Levels were fired up. Previous problem based on PlayerCanSeeMe was enemy Number 1 for MH Windows servers. I won't use Linux as long as animations (tentacles firing...) are sucks in Linux or simply stock Linux server has wrong packages (I'm confused anyway) - TickRate is not like in Windows.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Chamberly wrote:Re: CMV's Dynamic Loader

It's already set, here is a sample of my ini.
MainServerPackages=("NPLoaderLLU_v16b","NPLoaderLLD_V16b","NPLoaderLLS_v16b","MVLA14UUb13C","<Sldr>","<Sldr>_XC_","CommandoSkins","FCommandoSkins","SGirlSkins","BossSkins","Botpack","NexgenCC","Nexgen111","ACEv08g_Cdll","IACEv08c","ACEv08g_C","NPLoader_v16b","CacusBetas0005")
^These are always loaded.

gametypes:
*-Packages="<LC>,<XCS>,<BotzCL>,SmartDM105,SmartDMScoreBoard105")
*-Packages="<XCS>,MonsterHunt2v3,MHCP,UTPostalBabes,UTPostalBabesMusic,UTPostalBabesTextures,MHCheckPoints,healinggunbeta,<LC>")
*-Packages="BTPlusPlusv0994_C,BTPPUser,BTCheckPointsBETA3")

So when a vote is loaded, it load the setting, packages, etc.
The <*> are aliases so you really don't have to type out the whole pkg name.
I don't see any ServerActors in there?..
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Some files need to be server packaged or you won't get to see what the server is trying to do (replication, hud, custom designs, etc.) just like if you don't have the skin and I do on the server, you won't get to see it.
So again... example, BT need these files to be sent awhile the mapvote is loading dynamically so the client will download the files needed. It's not based directly off gametype, some gametype do need it's own download anyway, anything custom = download (except server side, they aren't being sent at all.) If I had to put all of the server packages in the main server line, it'll take awhile for such player to download everything anyway. So a little bit at a time. It's nothing like the maps and it's on dependencies.

Well the MH2v3 does have it's own mover open/close but the only thing (but no healgun?) I'd like to see is if MH504 can do well (less log warning and come with a heal gun? hehe) and change to that. I'm just noob picking MH mods because I never fiddle around with them yet lol.

Tired, idk if I make any sense here.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Chamberly wrote: Tired, idk if I make any sense here.
erm .. just tested your mapvote and stuff.. seems that it does not like screen res lower then 768px ...

also you need to sort some files out on redirect .. soz for off toppic.. also tired.