UCC2 - (Log enhancements and crash fix)

FXANBSS
Skilled

Re: UCC2 - (Log enhancements and crash fix)

Post by FXANBSS »

I don't even know how works the standard U.C.C. :(
Something related to compile classes?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FXANBSS wrote:I don't even know how works the standard U.C.C. :(
Something related to compile classes?
UCC.EXE is an application the mostly used for compiling scripts, compress/decompress UT stuff for redirects (useless feature after clarification fired up by Barbie), checking package flags with testing content compatibility toward current engine (some coop stuff will crash UT - server or client), exporting some stuff from packages, aaaannnd presumed server/masterserver starter which seems more like bullshitting rather than working properly in random moments of life.
Higor is trying to solve this idiotic soup between Ms-Dos/Windows which is causing logic issues, for "experts", almighty parent of a WIN OS is Ms-Dos using file-names based on 8 chars + 3 in extension (eg: kernel.dll - short and SelfExplanatory - dll comes from the name Dynamic Link Library written shorter and accessible FASTER), being expanded later at whatever number of chars and causing issues because deeper roots are still holding old deals, and SPACE + characters which doesn't exist on a normal keyboard should not be used, a story spoken in title and nothing special inside that file is the deal for a mental examination.
Perhaps some "players" were understanding why they have been dropped out when I was hosting public games. I'm really uninterested about any "cool" name and neither about "~-=\({[clans]})/=-~"
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

UCC.exe is a UE launcher whose primary function is to run executable commandlets.
Unreal.exe (and derivates) are UE game launchers.

The game launchers fire up the designated GameEngine class and loop in a way the engine updates every 'x' frames.
UCC.exe is a one-shot launcher and in order to open a game session you have to run a specialized commandlet named 'Server' which runs the loop internally, this comandlet doesn't spawn a viewport manager so you can't run client sessions on it.

The engine is designed to interact with the OS using generic methods and objects.
Logging, printing to screen, memory allocator, file handlers are all created in the specific launcher and passed to the just launched UE session, this allows user to pick (and modify as in UCC2) the systems in use.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay now I'm thinking at some Pack - I don't have a name prepared right now But it should include for Admins firing Win based servers:
- THIS launcher UCC - looks good until now;
- XC_IpDrv - Last fixed version Described in XC_Engine thread;
- XC_Core3 (even internal is marked 2) those natives helps in modding + compressing/decompressing LZMA;
- XC_EngineV16 - perhaps even that last with Speech and UWindow fixes.
- INT files for accessing/changing LATER properties if stuff has been set in main INI - including helper for UCC commandlet completions, access from preferences at XC settings.

These ought to have Documentation + AllInOne archive with target specified.

To not forget the most important thing erasing all 451 stuff as long as I don't see what's improved there and XC_Engine doesn't have.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Uploaded to XC_UT99 repo:
https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99
https://github.com/CacoFFF/XC-UT99/releases/tag/UCC.2

@papercoffee
Move this to XC_Engine sub-forum.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Higor wrote: @papercoffee
Move this to XC_Engine sub-forum.
Moved to XC_Engine Discussions.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Big thanks :tongue:

EVERY UPDATE IS WELCOME!
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Is it recommended to use UCC2.EXE with version >= 469 too?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

As I see - no. Lot of things changed since v432, so UCC2 possible not able load new Engine.dll and Core.dll at all.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Barbie wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm Is it recommended to use UCC2.EXE with version >= 469 too?
It won't work so we'll have to wait for a newly recompiled ucc2 for v469 release.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?