23/12/2019: Fixed a timeout bug and on-demand screenshot creation bug. These bugs only affect the server-side code, so you can safely install the updated package over the existing ACE v1.1f installation.
*** INTRODUCTION ***
Hello everyone. A lot of people were still experiencing crashes with ACE v1.1d. I did some debugging on Pileyrei's machines and it turns out that ACE was crashing because it did not know how to parse really old UPackages (from Unreal 200 or the UT beta). This release should fix those crashes. In the meantime, I also added compatibility with the upcoming 469 patch.
**Please note that this release comes with a new version of NPLoader. You WILL have to update your server.ini file.**
This is the full list of changes since the previous public release (ACE v1.1d):
- [FIXED] ACE no longer crashes your game when trying to check a package created by a really old version of Unreal Engine
- [FIXED] Fixed another bug that could cause "GObjBeginLoadCount==0" assertion crashes
- [FIXED] ACE no longer crashes the server the first time it boots after ACE's installation. Sorry for taking so long to fix this
- [FIXED] Several bugfixes in the memory scanner to handle dlls generated by newer versions of visual studio
- [FIXED] The game no longer crashes with a "GObjBeginLoadCount==0" assertion if you reconnect while ACE is still initializing
- [FIXED] Fixed Linux server crashes after a player disconnects
- [FIXED] Missing information in kick logs
- [FIXED] Deadlocks while switching maps
- [FIXED] Several issues that could crash clients while connecting to an ACE server
- [ADDED] Compatibility with the upcoming 469 patch. NOTE: the file list does not have the hashes for the 469 files yet. These will be made available through the auto updater
- [ADDED] Whitelisted Kentie's D3D11Drv
- [ADDED] Whitelisted ENBSeries UT Bloom Alpha V2
- [ADDED] Full support for XC_Engine (v24 only for now)
*** INSTALLATION ***
Please follow these steps to install ACE v1.1f:
- Shut down your server
- Unzip the package in your server's root folder
- If your server runs NPLoader v1.8 (which comes with ACE v1.1b) or lower, edit your server.ini file and change ServerActors=NPLoader_<yourversion>.NPLActor to ServerActors=NPLoader_v18b.NPLActor
- If your server already runs NPLoader v1.8b or greater, or if you have already updated your server.ini file, you can now reboot your server.
Please refer to the SETTINGS.txt document included in the package.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.
If the PlayerManager fails to load, ACE v1.1f will attempt to dump additional debug information in the System/PlayerManager/ACEv11f_M.txt file.
A second problem seems to occur for certain admins running x86_64 Linux servers. These admins might see an error message such as this one:
Code: Select all
Path to the PlayerManager: /data/ut-server/System/PlayerManager/ACEv11_M ACE: ERROR - Communication with PlayerManager failed - poll errno: 4 Interrupted system call ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Failed [ACEv11]: ERROR: ACE could not spawn the PlayerManager. [ACEv11]: ERROR: ACE is now disabled. ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Shutting Down!
Kick logs that say "Not kicking because bStrictSystemLibraryChecks is set to false": This is not technically an issue. ACE v1.0+ has some very aggressive detection routines that detect a lot of legitimate external programs (e.g., Fraps, Display Drivers, Sound drivers, virus scanners...) because they do terrible things to your system DLLs. If you see this kick status, just ignore the log. The player will not be kicked.