ACE v1.2e will not work on UT v436-451 Linux servers or TO Linux servers!
*** INTRODUCTION ***
Hello everyone. This version of ACE fixes a couple of issues, adds some protection, and is compatible with v469a servers. Some of you may already have a preview of ACE v1.2e running on your servers, but I still recommend that you upgrade to the official release version since I fixed some Linux server stability issues just yesterday.
**Please note that this release comes with a new version of NPLoader. You WILL have to update your server.ini file.**
This is the full list of changes since the previous public release (ACE v1.1f):
* [CHANGED] Made changes in the networking code to eliminate timeouts for people using certain firewalls or NAT routers
* [FIXED] The crosshair no longer disappears when switching between servers running ACE v1.2 and servers running earlier versions of ACE
* [FIXED] Various stability improvements for Linux servers
* [FIXED] The SplashLogo code in previous versions of ACE triggered an engine bug that caused UGameEngine::Draw crashes. This should now be fixed
* [FIXED] Some settings were not saving correctly for 469 clients
* [FIXED] Crashes in player logging code on Linux servers
* [CHANGED] Tweaked the netcode to significantly reduce the chances of timeout kicks
* [ADDED] "mutate ace crosshairsmoothingtoggle" command to make the crosshair sharper at high resolutions
* [FIXED] Eliminated a memory leak that caused crashes after getting a connection error
* [FIXED] False positive detections in UPackages that use dynamic arrays
* [CHANGED] Detections that do not cause player kicks will no longer be logged unless the bVerboseLogging option under [ACEv12c_S.ACEActor] is set to true.
* [CHANGED] Disabled the soundfix for 469 Clients
* [CHANGED] Reinstated the 200 fps limit for 432-451 Clients
* [FIXED] 432-451 can no longer go above the frameratelimit
* [ADDED] Wine 5 and Proton 5 compatibility
* [CHANGED] ACE no longer supports the v400-451 Linux servers.
* [CHANGED] Merged the PlayerManager code into the GameServer dll/so file
*** INSTALLATION ***
Please follow the instructions in the INSTALL.txt document included in the package.
*** CONFIGURATION ***
Please refer to the SETTINGS.txt document included in the package.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.