[ACE] ACEFileList.txt - Managed WhiteList

Re: [ACE] ACEFileList.txt - Managed WhiteList

Postby sektor2111 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 am

TheDane wrote:and this behavior should ofcause not happen in a multiplayer game.
Why not ?
While file is white-listed in txt list, then this file should NEVER be checked in any way if admin is demanding it a good one - as PACKAGE, more than that KICKING ? Do you have any valid evidence about a cheat or your are just kicking player because you can do it to demonstrate your power based on "suspicious activity" ? You have to be kidding... WhiteList feature proves that it just doesn't work as should, end of discussion.
More than that, mutators loaded on purpose by admins why are even checked ? They are part of configuration, if admin wants them, then quit checking them, because "suspicious activity" and "misbehaving" might be deliberated. Statues animated behind transparent walls, dynamic coronas, etc. these are working properly in clients and my choice is Quality not something saying "suspicious activity" without showing clearly where is the cheat or what cheat means that and the need for kicking player.
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby anth » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 pm

ACE generally does not look at which mods/mutators you have installed on either the server or the client. It only checks what the mods are doing. The general rule is that any unrealscript package that calls functions such as Trace, FastTrace, or DrawTile must be in the UPackages list in the [ACEv10f_S.ACEActor] section of your server's ini file. Adding a mod to the file list is not sufficient (and often not even necessary).

I know that it can be tedious to add UPackages to the list yourself, and there are even cases where the list changes from one game/map to the other. That's why ACE has a server-side AutoConfig tool that tries to automatically build the UPackages list at the start of the game. The fact that you're getting kicked suggests that you found a bug. I suspect that AutoConfig either did not pick up the mod when the game started, or that ACE's checks didn't properly recognize the mod despite the fact that it is in the UPackages list (the latter is what Higor seems to be suggesting, but I was not aware of this problem until now).

You can easily check which of these things happened by looking at the server log. At the start of the game, AutoConfig prints which mods it automatically picked up and added to the list.
If your mod didn't get picked up by AutoConfig, then you can either try to fix AutoConfig yourself (you can find the source code at https://github.com/stijn-volckaert/ACE_AutoConfig ), or you can send me the installation files for the mod, and I'll try to fix it.
If your mod simply didn't get recognized by the ACE checks, then I'll need the mod's installation files to reproduce the bug on my machine.
anth
Skilled

Postby sektor2111 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Point 1) I would like to know how to block a corona if between said corona and player watcher is an obstruction without tracing and taking in account meshes from any kind - in client because of the logic visibility problems. One player is occluded, other is not and should see corona. I listen...
Point 2) If I'm a moron admin and I want XYPackage running - any suspicious activity generated from any offset of such package should be IGNORED especially if it's part of server started delayed or not delayed but definitely being listed in ServerPackages, else that WhiteList is not that useful as expected.

In version H, I listed package in the ini at UPackages[0] (first and single one for testing), to not forget that ACE is crashing when is running first time in some PostBeginPlay code. As for whatever "file write" reasons I had only crash provided by XC_Engine, not really a server.log. One of ACE or XC is not helping with logging at all...
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby TheDane » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
TheDane wrote:and this behavior should ofcause not happen in a multiplayer game.
Why not ?
While file is white-listed in txt list, then this file should NEVER be checked in any way if admin is demanding it a good one - as PACKAGE, more than that KICKING ? Do you have any valid evidence about a cheat or your are just kicking player because you can do it to demonstrate your power based on "suspicious activity" ? You have to be kidding... WhiteList feature proves that it just doesn't work as should, end of discussion.
More than that, mutators loaded on purpose by admins why are even checked ? They are part of configuration, if admin wants them, then quit checking them, because "suspicious activity" and "misbehaving" might be deliberated. Statues animated behind transparent walls, dynamic coronas, etc. these are working properly in clients and my choice is Quality not something saying "suspicious activity" without showing clearly where is the cheat or what cheat means that and the need for kicking player.

Because players should behave the same in a multiplayer game. You can use this exploit to camp behind a corona, the corona will be invisible to you, so you can see what's behind it, but for an oponent further away you will be hidden behind the corona. Cheat.
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
TheDane
Masterful

Personal rank: *censored*

Postby sektor2111 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 pm

TheDane wrote:, so you can see what's behind it, but for an oponent further away you will be hidden behind the corona. Cheat.

False ? I'm talking about player/decoration In Front of corona, second player being blinded and... HE CAN DISABLE coronas after all. Not once in old times spent in servers players were asking me how to entirely disable coronas. Because mappers went "creative" making them HUGE and they can be seen through Titans, masking them, and doing a player-kill fest. And... I will cap this crap at once with NOT using ACE.
Perhaps is hard to see that link - that's why you don't get what's going on - so I will copy images here.
This is "original" map - an edit for a lightning demo:
Original_Lightning.png

And here is the same position after mutator summoning.
Adjusted_Lightning.png
The question is: Who is able to hide behind corona ? And why do you think I cannot Turn them OFF anyway ? These are under client-side control exactly in U..T...ini file :| .
Where is the cheat in these images ? What is the problem then for MonsterHunt ? - Titan will ban you ? Or a pupae because is retarded ?

And like I said and I will repeat this until everyone will understand: WHY a file WhiteListed is causing a kick without claiming a VALID CHEATING TOOL used ? Package.Class.State was issued so ACE knows the evil source but it still does a kick without any cheating evidence - I won't say that I was alone, and then I don't get where is the cheat. Am I cheating against myself... ? And I tried to put package in all possible locations.
Instead of talking about un-existent cheats, I would like to see a valid solution. Until to see a team-work, version "2" will include Translucent actors - those should not block a light (in my logic). My MH ground will be a good looking one, so I won't remove mutators for supposed cheats.
To not forget to repeat, EACH client has it's OWN task here toward rendering - that code is executed ONLY by client, each client has it's own execution depending on location in Level. This is indeed a misbehaving but... it's ORDERED by a ServerPackage. As for personal fun, client tweaks which I'm planing to do for improving game visual things won't stop here, I have cleaned some nasty water-fog, I disabled "ICE-zones" - that sliding stupidity, I made light for poor client fighting in the dark, I brought other dynamic coronas like burning fires, I moved movers which weren't opening properly and changing their key-frames in run-time, also I removed useless doors heading nowhere, etc. At this moment I wrote a lot of craps for NavAdder getting results as expected. Do you think I have plans to remove them after using them for years and being more happy than in 2008-2009 ?
Else I can go in other direction, EDITING maps, which mappers are not really loving... even if in 2019 DevPath is X times better than in 2005 and I know how to do real One-Way paths - lights, very helpful in MonsterHunt.
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby TheDane » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:46 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
TheDane wrote:, so you can see what's behind it, but for an oponent further away you will be hidden behind the corona. Cheat.

False ? I'm talking about player/decoration In Front of corona, second player being blinded and... HE CAN DISABLE coronas after all. Not once in old times spent in servers players were asking me how to entirely disable coronas. Because mappers went "creative" making them HUGE and they can be seen through Titans, masking them, and doing a player-kill fest. And... I will cap this crap at once with NOT using ACE.
Perhaps is hard to see that link - that's why you don't get what's going on - so I will copy images here.
This is "original" map - an edit for a lightning demo:
Original_Lightning.png

And here is the same position after mutator summoning.
Adjusted_Lightning.png
The question is: Who is able to hide behind corona ? And why do you think I cannot Turn them OFF anyway ? These are under client-side control exactly in U..T...ini file :| .
Where is the cheat in these images ? What is the problem then for MonsterHunt ? - Titan will ban you ? Or a pupae because is retarded ?

And like I said and I will repeat this until everyone will understand: WHY a file WhiteListed is causing a kick without claiming a VALID CHEATING TOOL used ? Package.Class.State was issued so ACE knows the evil source but it still does a kick without any cheating evidence - I won't say that I was alone, and then I don't get where is the cheat. Am I cheating against myself... ? And I tried to put package in all possible locations.
Instead of talking about un-existent cheats, I would like to see a valid solution. Until to see a team-work, version "2" will include Translucent actors - those should not block a light (in my logic). My MH ground will be a good looking one, so I won't remove mutators for supposed cheats.
To not forget to repeat, EACH client has it's OWN task here toward rendering - that code is executed ONLY by client, each client has it's own execution depending on location in Level. This is indeed a misbehaving but... it's ORDERED by a ServerPackage. As for personal fun, client tweaks which I'm planing to do for improving game visual things won't stop here, I have cleaned some nasty water-fog, I disabled "ICE-zones" - that sliding stupidity, I made light for poor client fighting in the dark, I brought other dynamic coronas like burning fires, I moved movers which weren't opening properly and changing their key-frames in run-time, also I removed useless doors heading nowhere, etc. At this moment I wrote a lot of craps for NavAdder getting results as expected. Do you think I have plans to remove them after using them for years and being more happy than in 2008-2009 ?
Else I can go in other direction, EDITING maps, which mappers are not really loving... even if in 2019 DevPath is X times better than in 2005 and I know how to do real One-Way paths - lights, very helpful in MonsterHunt.

Yes those coronas does indeed look much better :tu:
But if you manage to get it to work with ACE, please don't release the code to public, it can be turned to "the dark side " quite easily :wink:
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
TheDane
Masterful

Personal rank: *censored*

Postby Higor » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Higor wrote:
Higor wrote:None of the above.
ACE cannot accurately apply whitelisting to state code, rebuild the tweak to not call illegal functions rooted from state code. (Trace, Draw, etc)

Am I not clear enough?
Higor
Godlike

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:09 pm

sektor2111 wrote:And like I said and I will repeat this until everyone will understand: WHY a file WhiteListed is causing a kick without claiming a VALID CHEATING TOOL used ? Package.Class.State was issued so ACE knows the evil source
If ACE has described in my console log where a code do looks bad, it should NOT KICK then if package is an exception - Why kicking if it's a package sent from server ? Am I clear enough ? ACE from server did not informed client about "permissions" and then...
Not using Trace is not my answer as long as I just learned how to improve game for client. ACE is not at first blabbering after all...
What I've got here is not what I call Development - it's a limitation... these client things are not network exhaustive and they do work properly, and to not forget - HINT ME how the code should be then, if trace is nasty.
TheDane wrote:But if you manage to get it to work with ACE, please don't release the code to public, it can be turned to "the dark side " quite easily :wink:
EPIC already shared more inspiration to not forget "mods" already done that can be modified, I don't need to post mod-names and people's names getting busy to modify them + latest cheats bypassing ACE. In other words they have cheats for sales making money from ruining UT. The question is: After ruining UT with cheats and craps, what anything else will be next for sales ? And then why they just don't skip messing in UT directly to next goal ?
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby anth » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:10 pm

Just to re-iterate:
- ACE only reported suspicious activity. It did not claim that you were cheating.
- It is and always has been my intention to give admins the option to run whatever mod they want on their servers, as long as they configure ACE correctly. ACE does not actively try to prevent certain mods from running just because they behave like cheats.

That being said, the problem that you were seeing was caused by a problem in my unrealscript protection (which Higor pointed out). It will be fixed in the next release.
anth
Skilled

Postby sektor2111 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Thank you very much, Sir !
sektor2111
Godlike

Previous

Return to Anti-Cheat Discussion