ACE request feature No kicking

MrT
Novice

ACE request feature No kicking

Post by MrT »

I'd like if it was possible to set an option so that ACE does not kick at all.

Why?
When playing 5v5 CTF it often kicks a person "randomly" because of a file in cache or timeout or whatever.
Wouldn't it be possible to have an option to not kick a person at all? even if it fails to check, or finds a suspicious file? log is enough.

I recon that if during the first 30sec ACE manages to check a person the UT cache folders doesn't suddenly change and during the game would be nice to not have any kicks. a person getting kicked 20 times in 20min while other times same person doesn't get kicked at all, I think this option to not kick ever would be lovely on private servers.
Higor
Godlike

Re: ACE request feature No kicking

Post by Higor »

If you know your way with unreal script, you can modify the ACE event handler to prevent kicks (or even go as far as 'counting' offenses before kicking).
MrT
Novice

Post by MrT »

Higor wrote:If you know your way with unreal script, you can modify the ACE event handler to prevent kicks (or even go as far as 'counting' offenses before kicking).
Unfortunately, I do not.
The reason why I ask for it to be a feature is so that others, that have this problem too, would have this option as well. +It would eliminate the need for all of them to have to unreal script themselves :o
BUT if you are willing to write a how2 I'm up for the challenge. :P
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The event handler system has been designed in a way that writing an API/guide is extremely easy to do. (I've written one for a private ban tool)
As a matter of fact, every single utility that applies/enforces bans on players using ACE should use event handler code, but only my stuff does :loool:

If you're willing to move forward we can do a ping-pong here.

I'll start:
- When ACE is succesfully installed on a server that doesn't have a read-only INI, you'll find that the server's ServerActors list has been expanded (GameEngine or XC_GameEngine), proceed to find the event handler there (it's got EventHandler in the name lol)
- Once done, check the package name of this actor.
- Load this package in either: Unreal Editor, Notepad, Notepad++, UTPT, etc.
- Take a look at the event handler class script:
-- What's this actor's superclass? (example/syntax: class ChildClass extends SuperClass; )
-- Make a list of functions in this class (ignore functions with 'final' keyword in definitions)

Once done writing an educational API of ACE's event handler system becomes far easier.
And any coder can start to work on this.