Texture alignment on pillars.

Any kind of tutorial regarding U-Ed and mapping belongs here
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Texture alignment on pillars.

Post by sektor2111 »

And Builder for Editor calculating what was described without using ClipMarkers - using CylinderRadius taken from source Cylinder brush builder. The rest is calculated automatically using PI which Initially was 3.14 and then I used 6 decimals 3.141592.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi
TexCalculus.7z
(9.74 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Archive contains builder itself as U file, install information and notes manual - PDF, icon for Editor's button which is opening builder interface - BMP, and a FLV Low FPS and Low Res movie only for figuring what is about using sampled texture and pillar described in first post in case that some users could not understand what was about - Still attempting to keep package in a decent size.
I think solution without ClipMarkers and a builder it's fast even if you are moving slow and you do even useless moves - see movie as proof.

Now I think I will want to go on a "Pillar"-ing spree... :mrgreen: .
Perhaps you have the toy for creating nice prefab brushes for being imported by whoever need them...

Pointing a self butt kick
- You, sektor... perhaps you should reconsider your "pilars" from MH-3072_FloorWays ( and _rv1 too ).
- Okay, but not today because I'm sleepy...

Edit: Due to calculations, in a big room subtracted as a cylinder, I introduced some fake data getting scale under 1, something like 0.82..... Combined with 1 for V scaling value I got walls matching texture perfectly without U Pan movement linking wall like having a single texture. So, even such rooms are supporting a bit of fine tuning ( MA-K_Rocketus ) and they are looking better... I would like this tool/solution 4 years ago... Now I feel like I want to edit all my old mapping races products...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

This tool should be also useable for Texturing inside a "pillar", right?
like someone used a cylinder and subtracted it to create a room.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:03 pm This tool should be also useable for Texturing inside a "pillar", right?
like someone used a cylinder and subtracted it to create a room.
Exactly, and because I did not recall what radius sizes I used in MA-K_Rocketus, I simply went to manually count radius using grid during around 15 seconds, then I messed up with textures size input until I got something under 1, then all walls were linked like in a single texture using that U scale.
Yes, we don't talk about calculating only pillars, it's available for subtracted rooms too - because there I had "design" issues as well not only for pillars...