Thunderstorm Rifle Mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Revelation
Average
Personal rank: UEngine violator

Thunderstorm Rifle Mutator

Post by Revelation »

Hey there!

Some of you might already know me, however a short introduction can't be wrong. I'm from Germany, 24 years old, studying technical and numerical mathematics, and normally, I'm a mapper. To be exact, I'm one of those "Fuck-Performance-It's-All-About-Style"-mappers, for some of my creations, take a look at my Insite profile. (I would have preferred to show my NC profile, but oh well...)
This time however, it's not a map I want to show... 90% of the users here would probably hate my maps anyway.^^
What I want to show instead is my first 100% selfmade weapon for UT99: The Thunderstorm Rifle.

To keep it simple, I just quote some parts of the Readme file here, for a promotional screenshot, look below.
About the Thunderstorm Rifle:

Classification: Heavy Lightning Gun

Primary Fire: Fires lightning strikes in a high rate, but with a certain dispersion. Suitable for short to medium combat ranges.

Secondary Fire: Hold down the trigger to charge, then realease to create an extremely powerful and highly accurate thunderbolt.

Techniques: Pressing the primary fire button while charging will make the rifle shoot multiple bolts instead of a single big one.
Usage in game:

Thís package brings a completely new weapon to unreal Tournament: The Thunderstorm Rifle. In order to use it in game, start a new Practice Session or Multiplayer Game, open the "Mutators" list, and select one of these new mutators:

"Thunderstorm Rifle": This one replaces all Pulse Guns with the Thunderstorm Rifles, all Pulse Ammo with Lightning Cores, and leaves everything else in its normal state.

"Thunderstorm Arena": A classic Arena muatator that replaces all weapons (including your default weapon) with Thunderstorm Rifles and all Ammo packs with Lightning Cores.

----------------------------------

Usage in UnrealEd:

If your're a mapper/ mod-maker, you may feel free to use the Thunderstorm Rifle in your maps. To do so, open the package "TSR.u" in the UnrealEd's Actor Class Browser. After that, you will find the placable actor "ThunderstormRifle" under Inventory -> Weapon -> TournamentWeapon, and the corresponding "ThunderstormAmmo" under Inventory -> Pickup -> Ammo -> TournamentAmmo.
Remember that when you use the weapon in your map, you must include the files "TSR.u" and "TSR.int" to the zip-Archive for release!

There are two different downloads available: A self-installing Umod-version, and a manual installer containing the *.u and *.int files.

Download Umod version: Filefront
Download Non-Umod version: Filefront

Only thing to say: I hope for some feedback, and if you like the weapon, please tell other UT players about it.
Have much fun playing, but beware, the bots will kick your ass. :wink:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Thunderstorm Rifle Mutator

Post by Feralidragon »

Looks very very good for your first weapon, the model and by the shots the script too.

Just a question, does it work online?
Revelation
Average
Personal rank: UEngine violator

Post by Revelation »

Yes, it's completely suitable for both online- and Bot-matches. On client-side, one of the effects looks a little strange, but that doesn't affect the functionality in any way.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Revelation wrote:Yes, it's completely suitable for both online- and Bot-matches. On client-side, one of the effects looks a little strange, but that doesn't affect the functionality in any way.
If you mean the like online the lightning lines don't stay perfectly aligned as offline play, then it's normal, it happens to my rifle too, as in online the coordinates lose precision to the nearest integer.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

For so far i played it with bots, its pretty fun. But i think when i use this weapon it only fits in the correct theme of map. Like in a ancient map :P well i dont know if it fits correctly, but for more HiTech maps its sure interesting to put it there ;)

Further a good job on the weapon :tu:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Revelation, great work! nice effects......you did DM-Eternal Sands, right? I loved that map.....

Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Revelation wrote:Usage in UnrealEd:

If your're a mapper/ mod-maker, you may feel free to use the Thunderstorm Rifle in your maps. To do so, open the package "TSR.u" in the UnrealEd's Actor Class Browser. After that, you will find the placable actor "ThunderstormRifle" under Inventory -> Weapon -> TournamentWeapon, and the corresponding "ThunderstormAmmo" under Inventory -> Pickup -> Ammo -> TournamentAmmo.
Remember that when you use the weapon in your map, you must include the files "TSR.u" and "TSR.int" to the zip-Archive for release!
Oh year.. an additional weapon for my Kamah DM map where the most weapons are overused..
you are my rescue, Rev. :thuup:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.