User.ini

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
NecrotiC
Personal rank: High Commander

User.ini

Post by NecrotiC »

Was just wondering, in user.ini, how do i assign a key to change other keys in the user.ini?

If i wasn't clear about the explanation please tell me and i will explain as good as possible :-)
basics
Experienced
Personal rank: game server admin

Re: User.ini

Post by basics »

i dont understand..why u want to set a key to change other keys ???
whats the purpesse for it ?
cheers
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

Do you mean like this? not necesaily for this task but the principle is the same...

Transfast allows you to push and hold a key to bring up your translocater and then on release switches back to your rifle.

You need to open your user ini file and find the next empty Aliases and then entre this code. Mine was Aliases[26]

Aliases[26]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | onrelease SwitchWeapon 10",Alias=transfast)

you then need to set you key bind with Q=transfast (Q is an example you can use any key)

make sure that you do not have any other keys set to tranlocator or it may not work.
..Image
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:I think what he is after is a seperate "keyset".

Think of say World of Warcrap. If you press say the number 1, it activates Power1 but if you press number 1 while pressing CTRL it activates POWER11.

I think what he is after is a variable keyset so that all his common keybinds are set on a mere few keys. IE 20 Binds on only four keys (5binds per key), and the way you "choose" which bind you want to activate by pressing a different key first like - Holding control.

TBH Necrotic, its is ALOT of hassle. UT itself doesn't use that many keys and in team based games youre better off getting a headset and physically talking. If you are an arrow key user I can see the difficulty of using keybinds as there are limited buttons near.

However with WSAD set up you have ATLEAST - Q,E,R,F,C,X,Z,, Shift,Control,Alt and 1,2,3 ALL WITHIN Hand (Correction, finger) reach. Now no matter how many binds anyone says they use they don't use many more than that.

As for taunts they should be set to the keypad out of the way.

However I do understand what you are seeking here, but is it just not worth your time and effort trying to arrange such complex aliases and binds.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
mal-one

Post by mal-one »

Thanks....Its Help me :gj: