InstaSniper v2.2

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Gadavre
Skilled

Re: InstaSniper v2.0 (Updated)

Post by Gadavre »

Barbie wrote:One additional remark:
InstaSniperSP.bat

Code: Select all

UnrealTournament.exe -INI=InstaSniperSP.Ini
But in your archive "InstaSniperV2.0.rar" you have a copy of file "UnrealTournament.exe" renamed to "InstaSniperSP.exe".
Choose InstaSniperSP.exe or InstaSniperSP.bat. I give players the choice 8)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Here's what everyone should do: Don't download this. It's badly done not to mention there is no freaking way I'll run an exe you've compiled after seeing what you do in UScript. Stop posting these "mods" and spend a little time asking people for testing and advice. This is a stupid, shitty way of getting betatesters, not to mention it's borderline dishonest. You obviously did not do your local testing and you are expecting other people to find every little fault with it.

I took a quick glance through your code and this whole thing is poorly done. You have much to learn before you need to be posting mods expecting others to run it without an issue.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

JackGriffin wrote: Stop posting these "mods" and spend a little time asking people for testing and advice.
I took a quick glance through your code and this whole thing is poorly done. You have much to learn before you need to be posting mods expecting others to run it without an issue.
Work on Version 2.0 of this Mutator lasted more than one year. I'm working on this program for several years and I already have a lot of experience in this. I'm with the familiar programmer repeatedly tested this program. And we are happy with it. We don't have problems with it. What problems with this mutator at you? You couldn't give us the exact answer. If there's a bug, we need to see it.
JackGriffin wrote: It's badly done not to mention there is no freaking way I'll run an exe you've compiled after seeing what you do in UScript.
My InstaSniperSP.exe launch the Tournament Ladder perfectly!
This professional mutator and it can very difficult for you. :sniper1: Sorry I didn't warn you about it. difficult mutator does not mean that it is bad.

P.S. We know that on this website (ut99.org) players don't like to test. No one on this forum helped me with UScript. I many times asked for help, but any person hasn't helped me. But I have made with the God's help what I have conceived to make!!!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm going to give you a bit of free advice before people wash their hands from trying to help you. Not everything you make will get assistance or testing from people, especially if they find it uninteresting/not compelling. It happens to me all the time. I'll make something that I think is fun but when it goes out it's just crickets. That's part of the game. What I DON'T do though is release half-done work under the banner of a tested mod and sit back waiting for other people to correct my mistakes.

Don't complain that others aren't helping either. Have you ever emailed me? Hopped into my teamspeak to ask me a question? Guys who know coding aren't going to bend to your needs, you will have to seek them out and then be respectful with your questions. I still have a stable of 5 or so good coders I ask my questions to but I'm careful in how I do it. That way they don't feel pressured or that I'm not doing the work on my end and I'm really stuck on something.

If you fail to recognize your own faults, well there's nothing to be done about that.

P.S. Don't make global changes in your mutator without expressly telling this is going to happen in the readme. Server admins mostly will not use a weapon that makes map setting changes like yours (and there's more than I posted). Hiding it in the code like you did will only serve to flag *any* future work you do as being something to avoid.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

JackGriffin wrote: That's part of the game. What I DON'T do though is release half-done work under the banner of a tested mod and sit back waiting for other people to correct my mistakes.
Don't complain that others aren't helping either. Have you ever emailed me? Hopped into my teamspeak to ask me a question?
I sent a message to you when I needed your help. But you ignored me. And now you're trying to teach me how to make mutators. :D

What mutators you've already written? If you want to criticize my work unnecessarily, then you are just wasting your time. I understand that there are people that their vanity and pride does not rest. They lose it if someone did the job better than them. If you don't want to play with my mutator, I dont force you to do it. You can go to another topic and continue to mock others developers...
Attachments
JackGriffin  .jpg
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

I think what's weird is you're giving us an .exe and a batch file
I'd think about it twice before downloading. Especially when, as already said, this setup can be easily replicated with other mutators and mods.
der Kas... the cheesy prison supervisor...
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

der Kas wrote:I think what's weird is you're giving us an .exe and a batch file
Installation Instructions for Practice Session:
=============================
1. Unzip the mutator file.
2. Move the files "InstaSniper.u and "InstaSniper.int" from the folder "Mutator" to your Unreal Tournament "system" folder.
3. Click on the "UnrealTournament.exe".
4. Choose "Start Practice Session".
5. Double-click on the "InstaSniper" list item to add it as a mutator
6. Choose any other compatible (non-arena, non-weapon type) mutators you want
7. Start the game and have Fun!

Installation Instructions for Unreal Tournament Game:
=============================
1. Unzip the mutator file.
2. Move all files and folder "InstaSniperSP" from the folder "Mutator" to your Unreal Tournament "System" folder.
1. Click on the "InstaSniperSP.exe" to launch the Tournament Ladder with this mutator.
2. Choose "Start Unreal Tournament".
Last edited by Gadavre on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Tiny observations:
- UMenu.u and UTMenu.u files located into archive won't convince me to change my files (are recently dated so I don't believe in a long time testing) - more than that I don't see any description why I would do that;
- "function MutatorTakeDamage..." - doesn't chain with other damage mutators and I'm not sure if this is entirely desired;
- "modifyPlayer" it can be more simple by testing who is other and if is player give it some-hammer and if is not player give it default hammer. This will help other A.I. like FerBotz to be in account else is too restrictive;
- a strange snipet:

Code: Select all

function Timer()
{
        if ( P != None ) 
        {
                P.bCheatsEnabled = False;
                return;
        }
Just wondering if that P is assigned because I did not see any "P = Something" nowhere in there so P is None and nothing will be operated and neither errors shown, to to speak this sequence is useless...
- other things as "ShootTarget" with no Trace is confusing me -
- Last Point noticed - in MY Maps I will add a guard tracker in this case just because my Damage Zones might be linked with some PainPath (if you know how do that works). I simply won't bug Bot routes and neither creating other damaging thing than I did in original, because I test my very few maps done 10-12 times and I do setup to match combat needs.

PS: I don't have a personal affinity for a triple foreach, and from all 3 iterators 2 are referring to Bot ( Mutator is professional ??? :shock: ) - it could be only one iterator addressing Bot features, restrictive at only Bot A.I., happening in a timer and then other timers are running and... in 2017 I run mainly states not timers.

These are just observations as a neutral player with no rants or bad intentions - I don't play sniper types arenas - I go for Rockets and others.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

sektor2111
As far as I know these scripts are yet no one used for this game. I find it difficult to explain them to you in English. Many scripts were made by a man who is good in UT2004 coding. And these scripts are working!
other things as "ShootTarget" with no Trace is confusing me -
Be not confused. This code will allow bots to kill other pawns at long range. If the bot only sees the player's head, he shoots him in the head.

Shoot Target is a external "Bot Controller" for bots, for true sniping on long distanse (more than 5000 units), or shooting to partially hidden enemy.
Shoot Target fixed bug, when bot not firing to visible enemy.

Anti-cheating Timer used for supression "IAmTheOne" console command, that enable cheats during the game.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

der Kas wrote:I think what's weird is you're giving us an .exe and a batch file
As I wrote here, "InstaSniperSP.exe" is a copy of file "UnrealTournament.exe", nothing "self compiled". ^^
I guess the thought behind this is that the file "InstaSniperSP.Ini" is automatically loaded when running "InstaSniperSP.exe".
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Barbie wrote:As I wrote here, "InstaSniperSP.exe" is a copy of file "UnrealTournament.exe", nothing "self compiled". ^^
I guess the thought behind this is that the file "InstaSniperSP.Ini" is automatically loaded when running "InstaSniperSP.exe".
You are right thinking. I didn't know about it. Thank you! The Bat File better to remove.

Such a file system does not violate the network game. this is very convenient.
Last edited by Gadavre on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Gadavre wrote:Its very convenient.
If you were open to advice, I would have written that I guess using this method (renaming UnrealTournament.exe or using your batch file) will ignore all settings the user has done in his "UnrealTournament.ini". Such is useful if you develop a own game using the Unreal Engine.
But because it seems you are not, I won't write it. :lol:
<EDIT>
Corrected ".ini" -> ".exe"
</EDIT>
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

please, if you have downloaded my mutator until the time of this post, download it again. Was fixed ReadMe and deleted InstaSniper.bat
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:- UMenu.u and UTMenu.u files located into archive won't convince me to change my files (are recently dated so I don't believe in a long time testing) - more than that I don't see any description why I would do that;
These two files are located in the folder "InstaSniperSP", and if you copy this to the SYSTEM folder of an UT installation and run UT by either launching "InstaSniperSP.exe" or the batch file (both force UT using "InstaSniperSP.Ini"), these files could be used because of the settings given in "InstaSniperSP.Ini":
InstaSniperSP.Ini wrote:[Core.System]
Paths=InstaSniperSP/*.u
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
I did not inspect what exactly is done within these files (and I will not waste time doing it).
Gadavre wrote:if you have downloaded my mutator until the time of this post, download it again. Was fixed [...]
Just another advise - take it or leave it: NEVER release different files with the same name to public, even not if only one bit has changed.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Barbie wrote:Just another advise - take it or leave it: NEVER release different files with the same name to public, even not if only one bit has changed.
Ok. All new changes will be in the next version. And it will be a mod, not a mutator, Right?

Who is the admin of this forum, you don't know?