Will there be a Mapvote 14XL release? - SOLVED

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Will there be a Mapvote 14XL release? - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

I saw a quite good Mapvote on VM servers, but did not found a release of it. The size of it is good, because on notebooks the resolution is 1366x768 often and then you can see the chat while voting. I use Mapvote LA13 so far, but smaller height would be great.

Somebody knows if it is worth to wait for a release of Mapvote 14XL - will it ever be released?
And when yes, is it possible to expand the "ExcludeFilter[x]=" entries to 256? In my Mapvote they don't suffice.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FXANBSS
Skilled

Re: Will there be a Mapvote 14XL release?

Post by FXANBSS »

IDK what is ExcludeFilter, but probably i would use like 1000 of it. (It will take more to load the map though.)

New release? Oh idk, the newest Mapvote is old, i think.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

FXANBSS wrote:
New release? Oh idk, the newest Mapvote is old, i think.
A new everything would be amazing. Up to date mutators and gametypes. The mapvote thing would be amazing.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

FXANBSS wrote:IDK what is ExcludeFilter, but probably i would use like 1000 of it. (It will take more to load the map though.)
With ExcludeFilter you can define maps which won't be load into Mapvote although they have the same prefix, or you can put them into other column. For some special Mapvote configurations it is very useful.
FXANBSS wrote:New release? Oh idk, the newest Mapvote is old, i think.
What I have seen is that you can't enter more than 64 ExcludeFilter in any Mapvote, so for me it is a bottleneck.

But as I said already, the width and height of Mapvote 14XL would be a good choice for many resolutions, and there is enough space for long maptitles :-)
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Aldebaran wrote:I saw a quite good Mapvote on VM servers, but did not found a release of it. The size of it is good, because on notebooks the resolution is 1366x768 often and then you can see the chat while voting. I use Mapvote LA13 so far, but smaller height would be great.

Somebody knows if it is worth to wait for a release of Mapvote 14XL - will it ever be released?
And when yes, is it possible to expand the "ExcludeFilter[x]=" entries to 256? In my Mapvote they don't suffice.

As of now its private and still being tested. Glad you like the mapvote :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Then I will wait for it, it's that worth. If you release it, perhaps you can make a post here :-)
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Here:
http://www.ut4.online/Mapvote14XL_B5_NOPROT.zip

ServerPackages=Mapvote14XL_B5_NOPROT

There's nothing BETA or TEST about it. The resolution window size was changed. Other than that, it's a direct rip of LA13. Just like everything else on that server.

I took out the "protection". The configuration is identical to LA13.

Don't attack my server plz. Don't contact me for support. Don't be mad.

Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Actually the BETA part is that I was trying to achieve a way for server to send just 1 time the map lists and saving it in client (Local ini) and then just check the LastUpdate time. So if server refresed maplist so will the LastUpdate time, and client will re-download all again from server. The repeat limit still locked to 30 max, if I remember correctly so that's a downside I wanted to overcome, and lots of other things I don't quite remember now. But haven't had time since I am very busy with university, I don't even play UT now :(

Of course all this was before Higor made his awesome mapvote that uses HTTP to send the whole list.

-----
And I choose that kind of "protection" instead of server-side packages, because if anyone wants to learn uscript like I did (by reading the sources of other mods, and learning their techniques. Examples: I learned a lot from the code source of Defrost, Fluke, Feralidragon, gopostal, Nelsona, etc). So everyone can just read all of our mods if they want and learn.
Well just to tell you our most "important" mod the RX doesn't even have "protection" lol. All our mods, except for RX and NexgenPlugins, they are just fixes (Accessed nones, null references,etc) of their originals.
I am a fan of Open source. :mrgreen:

Also nice webpage you got there in development http://www.ut4.online/
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I would like to see more public debates about things, causes, problems, solutions. Selfish attitude doesn't help anybody and neither messing up packages as LA13 crashing first client encounter and forcing stuff to be loaded in client - it's a server thing after all.
A few months ago I was cleaning stuff as follows. In System Folder I fired command "ucc packageflag *.u". Imagine that I have deleted everything which was triggering an UCC crash. Simply if package got screwed, player downloading/decompressing that thing will crash - some forgetting in which server they were attempting to play (was even my case in the past). For me, bugging packages is always a no go, unless you simply strip them or change things but never mess file flags for player.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

The reason why i never posted the download is because it wasn't my mod to share to begin with, but by all means do your dirty work as usual.
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Mar wrote:
Thanks man. Haven't spent more than 10minutes on it. I daren't day dream of my accomplishments if I spent a sizeable amount of time. It will serve as a landing page for unrealkillers.com and yes. ut4.online was a 'premium' domain. I need to figure out a bridge between the sites though. :tu:

@qwerty
Loool. Really. Did you just say dirty work, you utter scumbag. Have you forgotten your ill gotten gains and actions. Do us all a favour and go die in a wormhole. You needn't concern yourself, though. No one would miss you. Promise.

You sound mad, even where Mar isn't. Don't be mad homie.

If anything I am a goader. I've goaded you and I'm pleased about it. I can certainly back my goading too :idea:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you very much for the upload, $carface! I will test it soon...
I think the max count of maps is still 1024, or is it set higher as in Mapvote Ultimate?

Mar, is it ok for you then that others use your version on their server?
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

not mad at all bro keep up the drama.. the forum really needs it :loool: you sound mad bro so mad you took the time to ride me as usual. don't worry no one forgets your map hacks, fake player counts and other shenanigans keep up the good work tough guy :gj:
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

$carface wrote:
Mar wrote:
Thanks man. Haven't spent more than 10minutes on it. I daren't day dream of my accomplishments if I spent a sizeable amount of time. It will serve as a landing page for unrealkillers.com and yes. ut4.online was a 'premium' domain. I need to figure out a bridge between the sites though. :tu:
With only 10 minutes you did that wow, that's amazing. :tu:

Aldebaran wrote:Thank you very much for the upload, $carface! I will test it soon...
I think the max count of maps is still 1024, or is it set higher as in Mapvote Ultimate?

Mar, is it ok for you then that others use your version on their server?
Yeah no problem, everyone can use it.
The max count for maps is 2047 (Same as UltimateMV, I suppose) and ExcludeFilter is up to 500.

I found this changelog from almost 3 years ago for the first version (I dont have for the recent one, but nothing much changed)
Spoiler
====
~Log~
====
Version:14_B1

[ADDED] Now window will resize to your resolution. *In auto is has a limit, change to custom if you want to extend it more. But if it got to limit it should be enough, but still left the option.
[ADDED] Configurable window size via "Config" tab.
[ADDED] Client Cache; Option so that client only receives Maplist once and it saves it to an ini on client, so that when he open it he loads it from the ini not from server. Loads instantly no more waiting on it to load.
[ADDED] Various security checks if client tries to exploit via ini.
[ADDED] Random vote button.
[FIXED] Map name overlapping voting count on the Map ranking chart.
[FIXED] Player name overlapping voting count on the kick ranking chart.
[FIXED] Keybinder not showing your actual Keybind.
[FIXED] You could vote red maps with the command BDBMAPVOTE MAP *Mapname*
[FIXED] If a admin forced a map to change it wont get red.
[CHANGED] Now when no-one votes it will make the vote randomly from a random maplist. Before it was configured to just use 1 maplist when it did the vote.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Qwerty wrote: map hacks,
Yep. I added server crash into maps simply because I wanted to keep you and your fake toxic hands away from siege. You would have done it no good. But hey, everyone else got in on the share, but you.

Qwerty wrote:fake player counts and other shenanigans keep up the good work tough guy :gj:
http://www.unrealkillers.com/saywha.png

Please, do yourself a favour and zip it because I still have that fake player screenshot, as per above.