Will there be a Mapvote 14XL release? - SOLVED

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Mar
Novice

Re: Will there be a Mapvote 14XL release?

Post by Mar »

Well, this thread is already derailed.
Just answering Aldebaran
Aldebaran wrote:Also the Mapvote 14XL has still beta status I like to say that it should not be used with a logo texture because it is stretched to a wrong size in many window resolutions. The logo size should be fixed and the userlist be adjusted to it.
Oh yes the logo and the map screenshot are screwed. Well we never used that so never saw it, thanks for the feedback.
Aldebaran wrote:Hm, I just see that my maplists aren't sorted. But I take the same adjustements as in my LA13... Something is going wrong.
I had to remove the sorting out of maplist, since with more than ~1400 maps you can no longer sort in uscript or you would get a 1000 iteration GPF.
But If I remember correctly using XC_Engine it gives you the list sorted already, regardless of OS you are using.
(Some one correct me if I am wrong.)
Aldebaran wrote:In very high window resolutions the lower half of the Mapvote gain to much space for voted maplist and userkicklist. It would be nice when the maplistcolums would get more instead.
Can you send me an image of how it sees? It should stop growing when you get to 1000 of width and 600 of height, if you are on auto size.

You should check this, it got adaptive size too:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6429
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Mar wrote:I had to remove the sorting out of maplist, since with more than ~1400 maps you can no longer sort in uscript or you would get a 1000 iteration GPF.
Hm, perhaps it works when the MapListTemp.ini is sorted by hand? It can be done by a separated batch file which have to be started manually after refreshing the Maplist...
Mapvote Ultimate can handle 2048 maps and I think they are sorted? Sorting 1024 maps per column would suffice I think.
Mar wrote:You should check this, it got adaptive size too:
Yeah, the MapVoteLAv21-beta2 looks good too, but it only can handle 1024 maps and 64 Exlude Filters, both are insufficient in my case. When someone would adapt it for 2048 maps and 256 Exlude Filters or more, it would be really great!

There is one thing in your Mapvote 14XL I find excellent meanwhile: the maplists are present immediately after opening the Mapvote. There is no loading time as in my Mapvote LA13 (it needs about 15 seconds!). I don't want to miss it now...
Mar wrote:Can you send me an image of how it sees? It should stop growing when you get to 1000 of width and 600 of height, if you are on auto size.
Here are the screenshots:
Attachments
mapvote2.jpg
mapvote2.jpg (16.16 KiB) Viewed 5103 times
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

If you need to make 2048 maps support. I think mapvote need to be separate 8 columns!

Map Vote Ultimate 1.1 (1024 maps max)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.ultimateut.tk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=267

Map Vote Ultimate 2.2 (2048 maps max)
http://forum.ultimateut.tk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=265
Last edited by Deepu on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I tested the Mapvote LAv21-beta2 but it did not work on my server. When opening it ingame the mouse cursor is shown but no Mapvote window.

So, I think the best choice would be a Mapvote 14XL with correct stretched logo texture and maps sorted :mrgreen:

Perhaps the dream will come true... :help:
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Deepak O V wrote:If you need to make 2048 maps support. I think mapvote need to be separate 8 columns!

Map Vote Ultimate 2.2 (2048 maps max)
http://forum.ultimateut.in/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=265
Map Vote Ultimate 2.2 has a bug when having more than ~1500 - 1700 Maps. It will crash with the same error as this one:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6174&start=15#p73094
Chamberly wrote:

Code: Select all

appError called:
BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0 (Function MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.SortMapList:0086) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
FFrame::Serialize
AActor::ProcessState
Object BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0, Old State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading, New State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading
AActor::Tick
TickAllActors
ULevel::Tick
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UGameEngine::Tick
UpdateWorld
UServerCommandlet::Main
BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0 (Function MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.SortMapList:0086) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::ProcessState <- Object BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0, Old State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading, New State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
Name subsystem shut down
Someone got this crash, and the mapvote seem to be set fine.
You should try getting that map count and see.
Aldebaran wrote:I tested the Mapvote LAv21-beta2 but it did not work on my server. When opening it ingame the mouse cursor is shown but no Mapvote window.
You are right I test it, and the vote window never shows up. Server-side looks like it's working, since I can vote with commands.
Aldebaran wrote: So, I think the best choice would be a Mapvote 14XL with correct stretched logo texture and maps sorted :mrgreen:
Perhaps the dream will come true... :help:
I could find a workaround for the sorting (Not the best, but works). Please test it and see if it works, added a flag for that (bSortMaplist=True) so people who just want to quickly reload map-list can disable it.
And fixed the screenshot/logo to be somewhat correctly stretched.

---
I already had a newer version but couldn't finish it, anyway the search idea is from MapvoteCE. My intention was to create something like this:
With just the mapname of course. Will see if in the future I can continue it.

Sorry for the late reply been very busy.
Attachments
MV14XL_B7.zip
(117.91 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Mar wrote:I could find a workaround for the sorting (Not the best, but works). Please test it and see if it works, added a flag for that (bSortMaplist=True) so people who just want to quickly reload map-list can disable it.
Thank you very much for your work so far! The sorting works here with about 1200 maps without problems. I have done a script for sorting manually which works too very well, but your function is better because integrated in mapvote. Good work :thuup:
Mar wrote:And fixed the screenshot/logo to be somewhat correctly stretched.
Hm, my logo texture is still stretched to a wrong size. Can you check this please once more?

I found two other things that seems not to work correctly:

If none map is voted, the mapvote choose one map from any maplist of the four available even if I have configured "MapListIfNooneVoted=1" in the config file. I think this behaviour would be correct if "MapListIfNooneVoted=0" is configured, but with "MapListIfNooneVoted=1" it should select a map only from maplist 1 and not 2,3 or 4.

And a minor thing is, that the titles (MapVoteTitle, List3Title, List4Title) aren't centered above the lists, so it looks little bit curious. I have to do 2 space char before the MapVoteTitle, 5 space char before the List3Titel and 8 space char before the List4Title at this moment.

Your mapsearch is great, i have looked for such a function already. Especially when you have so many maps in. The best is that you only have to press enter and the next map is selected. Perhaps you don't really need a popup (it would be much work too I think)... The position where the searchfield should be is a thought worth. In the right bottom is some free place in the standard windows resolution.

The ramdom button is fine when you are playing alone on the server. :rock:

You have done some really good work, for me its the best mapvote i have looked for long time... :gj:

EDIT: The cursor is in the searchfield by default. But many people will chat in the window first I think, so perhaps you should set the cursor first to the chatfield.
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Aldebaran wrote:Thank you very much for your work so far! The sorting works here with about 1200 maps without problems. I have done a script for sorting manually which works too very well, but your function is better because integrated in mapvote. Good work :thuup:
Great to see it worked! :thuup:
Aldebaran wrote:Hm, my logo texture is still stretched to a wrong size. Can you check this please once more?
What size is your logo? I am using a 128x128 image and looked fine maybe that has something to do. If you can send me your logo via PM so I can test with it.
Aldebaran wrote:If none map is voted, the mapvote choose one map from any maplist of the four available even if I have configured "MapListIfNooneVoted=1" in the config file. I think this behaviour would be correct if "MapListIfNooneVoted=0" is configured, but with "MapListIfNooneVoted=1" it should select a map only from maplist 1 and not 2,3 or 4.
That's because you have bForceRandomSwitch=True. Try setting that to false.
Aldebaran wrote:And a minor thing is, that the titles (MapVoteTitle, List3Title, List4Title) aren't centered above the lists, so it looks little bit curious. I have to do 2 space char before the MapVoteTitle, 5 space char before the List3Titel and 8 space char before the List4Title at this moment.
Got it, I would fix that sometime later.
Aldebaran wrote:[...] The position where the searchfield should be is a thought worth. In the right bottom is some free place in the standard windows resolution.
I choose Top-Right since some maps got a huge name so it can have the more space to display it (Specially in RX since there are some big map names). Still I wanted the popup so it would be different than MapvoteCE, but that will have to wait for now.

Edit:
Aldebaran wrote:EDIT: The cursor is in the searchfield by default. But many people will chat in the window first I think, so perhaps you should set the cursor first to the chatfield.
Well I thought users will like more to be by default on searchfield, but maybe was just me.
Ok I will make default on chat.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Mar wrote:What size is your logo? I am using a 128x128 image
My logo is 128x128 too (see PM). It is made with UnrealEd2.
Mar wrote:That's because you have bForceRandomSwitch=True. Try setting that to false.
That was it! Thanx...
Mar wrote:Well I thought users will like more to be by default on searchfield, but maybe was just me.
It was only my thought too, so perhaps you ask another one. I think people are adapt to use the chat without setting the cursor first. But I don't know really...

I have reloaded maplists several times for testing and once something strange happened: maplists were loaded correctly but no MapListTemp.ini was written. So after rejoining the server the maplists were empty. I tested with ClientCache off.
This only happened once, I don't know if it has to do with your mapvote. When it will happen again I will tell you.
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Aldebaran wrote:It was only my thought too, so perhaps you ask another one. I think people are adapt to use the chat without setting the cursor first. But I don't know really...
What I did is that if you press tab while you have cursor/focus on chat textbox you go directly to search. Seems great :D
Aldebaran wrote:I have reloaded maplists several times for testing and once something strange happened: maplists were loaded correctly but no MapListTemp.ini was written. So after rejoining the server the maplists were empty. I tested with ClientCache off.
This only happened once, I don't know if it has to do with your mapvote. When it will happen again I will tell you.
I couldn't replicate that sorry, If you find a way so I can replicate it would be great. :thuup:
Aldebaran wrote:My logo is 128x128 too (see PM). It is made with UnrealEd2.
I think I understand what you mean with stretched, and yes Width is 40% bigger to fill the gap. If that is what you mean I can make a flag so admin can choose either have one with same width and height (cube) or with the 40% bigger(rectangle). Something like bStretchImages=true/flase Check PM for the examples.

Thanks for the feedback :tu:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Mar wrote:What I did is that if you press tab while you have cursor/focus on chat textbox you go directly to search.
Good solution :tu:
Mar wrote:I think I understand what you mean with stretched, and yes Width is 40% bigger to fill the gap.
Non-proportional stretched images looks bad generally I think. So I would take the original and stretch it only in proportional way. Or you allow to import a logo texture sized 180x128 when UnrealEd2 is allowing to import/export that too.
Anyway you can add a bStretchImages parameter into config for people who can handle that.
I would explain then in the readme exactly how it works with the logo texture...

EDIT: Can't you trim the playerlist, so that the standard 128x128 logo fills the place? I think all mapvotes I know handle only 128x128 images so the server admins have the image in the right size available already...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I can replicate now the mistake I have spoken already (no MapListTemp.ini will be written):
When you are in ut99 on your server using Mapvote-14XL-B7 and you deletes the MapListTemp.ini manually while ingame and after that you reload maps in Mapvote no MapListTemp.ini will be written and on next serverstart no maps will be shown.
I think that will happen very seldom, but who knows what admins do with their MapListTemp.ini in other scripts at the same time...
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Aldebaran wrote:I can replicate now the mistake I have spoken already (no MapListTemp.ini will be written):
When you are in ut99 on your server using Mapvote-14XL-B7 and you deletes the MapListTemp.ini manually while ingame and after that you reload maps in Mapvote no MapListTemp.ini will be written and on next serverstart no maps will be shown.
I think that will happen very seldom, but who knows what admins do with their MapListTemp.ini in other scripts at the same time...
I have been trying to fix this, and seems it's more an engine error. Ini is created just once, even if I spawn multiple instances of the same class it will just create ini one time :/
It is better just not to delete any ini while game/server is running.

Aldebaran wrote:Non-proportional stretched images looks bad generally I think. So I would take the original and stretch it only in proportional way. Or you allow to import a logo texture sized 180x128 when UnrealEd2 is allowing to import/export that too.
Anyway you can add a bStretchImages parameter into config for people who can handle that.
I would explain then in the readme exactly how it works with the logo texture...

EDIT: Can't you trim the playerlist, so that the standard 128x128 logo fills the place? I think all mapvotes I know handle only 128x128 images so the server admins have the image in the right size available already...
Yeah that's what I did better, to trim the player list and even get the space of the map info labels so it can stretch correctly. (Width and Height are the same.)
Now Map info is on top of the image, and even added a black background to the label (see image) so it can be read correctly even on bright images.

Please test it and see if everything is fixed.
Attachments
MV14XL_B7F.zip
(118.55 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Res: 1360x768
Res: 1360x768
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Wow, I like the new design much. Also that there is no space between playerlist and kickvote button because on servers which has no kickvote activated it does not look much as a button :tu:
Also the mapvote looks good in any window resolution I have tested.

I have nothing left so say at this moment, you have done some very good work! :gj:

I will let it be on my server now and report any problems... but at this moment it seems to run very well.

EDIT: Is it possible that the logo texture has 128x128 or 256x256 pixel in the logo texture file so that when it has the smaller size it would be handled like now (upscaled or downscaled depending on window resolution) or when it has the bigger size only downscaled - then the logo image quality is much better?

EDIT 2: When you put the searchfield into the right bottom area some day, there will be perhaps some space available to put between logo texture and the playerlist.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

You could put the filter to exclude similar vote map of cacus votemap? or it already works?

ExcludeFilters[0]=ctf CTF-BT*
ExcludeFilters[1]=sg CTF-BT*
ExcludeFilters[2]=dm DM-(2S*
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

[rev]rato.skt wrote:You could put the filter to exclude similar vote map of cacus votemap? or it already works?

ExcludeFilters[0]=ctf CTF-BT*
ExcludeFilters[1]=sg CTF-BT*
ExcludeFilters[2]=dm DM-(2S*
Applying the exclude filter by gametypes? Sounds interesting, I could add it. :tu:
Aldebaran wrote:EDIT: Is it possible that the logo texture has 128x128 or 256x256 pixel in the logo texture file so that when it has the smaller size it would be handled like now (upscaled or downscaled depending on window resolution) or when it has the bigger size only downscaled - then the logo image quality is much better?
Sorry I didnt undestand much what you said, but you can use a 256x256 texture file with current version but dunno how the quality will be.
Edit: ohh I think I understand. You mean that Image cant be stretched more than original size (Example 128x128) so it wont affect the quality?
Aldebaran wrote: EDIT 2: When you put the searchfield into the right bottom area some day, there will be perhaps some space available to put between logo texture and the playerlist.
The problem there is for users who have small screens :(
I could trim playerlist a little bit more to add a space between them.

For now I will wait this week for more suggestions/feedback, since I dont want to post a new version so soon and with so few changes.