"update UT" logo with link to www or file

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
shockpl
Average

"update UT" logo with link to www or file

Post by shockpl »

Hey unreals ;) :idea:
Is any mutator or mod, or smthing like that where I can add name/text at simple : "Update your game/UT" - there will be redirect to www or link to the pack where in will be: videorenders: d3d,d3d8,3d9,opengl, etc, all files needed to download form the server and other needed stuff and also link for more info.
Like logo on the server but all the time available on HUD.
I want it because new players does not know they need to download new video renders and set them corectly to their PC. They think the game is working good, but true is that UT99 need patch. Some thing like link for the update and tutorial for that.
If somebody can help I will be grateful. ;)

// edit sorry bad place, pls move this topic to the mod

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: "update UT" logo with link to www or file

Post by sektor2111 »

Doable in MapVote at WelcomeWindow. There you can add links with messages to NOT click because they click them anyway...
[attachment=1]FirstBlood.jpg[/attachment]
then down-way
[attachment=0]Looking_Down.jpg[/attachment]
You can edit this file as you want pointing links to your Web-Site with stuff.
Header might be relevant: "HINTS for New Comers" etc.
MapVote helps this chapter but nobody cares doing wrong settings.
Attachments
Looking_Down.jpg
FirstBlood.jpg
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

sektor realy thanks for trying... but this isnt that what I want :(

hmmmmm :???:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So you want to bug HUD with links (I'm not sure if Normal HUD has a mouse cursor since mouse it's used in game for aiming not to browse HUD as a web explorer) - maybe a command proposal to trigger a menu-type. Cursor shows up in "UWindow" type things not really in HUD, so if a Welcome type hint is not what you want, may I ask what's wrong with this ? Aside this will need a lot of tech and it might conflict with others, which won't be welcomed.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

sektor2111 wrote:So you want to bug HUD with links (I'm not sure if Normal HUD has a mouse cursor since mouse it's used in game for aiming not to browse HUD as a web explorer) - maybe a command proposal to trigger a menu-type. Cursor shows up in "UWindow" type things not really in HUD, so if a Welcome type hint is not what you want, may I ask what's wrong with this ? Aside this will need a lot of tech and it might conflict with others, which won't be welcomed.
Hmm, yes some thing like that in HUD maybe like LogoSplash(LogoSplashV3.SplashLogoSA) but allowed to click in link or hmmm.
Im using MapVoteULv2 on the server I tried your way and after rejoining to the server only my kebinds was opened, so I think its neeed to many clicks in mapvote.
Or I will try with Logosplash if that can be set not to disappearing by LogoDrawTime=0.000000, but still I cant click :P
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumpy
shockpl wrote:Im using MapVoteULv2 on the server I tried your way and after rejoining to the server only my kebinds was opened
Happens because you don't have a key for MapVote - bad for you then. I have already key <m> coming from MapVote. WelcomeWindow it's configured by admin pointing INI to an URL having defined a HTM file else player won't see nothing there. Else can be used even some IP if I well recall where a WebServer runs MapVote stuff and/or Iptocountry or whatever services for UT server. A tutorial is recommended which probably I'll write + examples else it seems that you want to see someone reinventing wheel which is useless. These things are available for years.

So you are saying that 3-4 clicks are too much ? Then stop firing weapons... too many clicks... why are you on-line if you don't want to click anything. And then you need to click on HUD LOGO for links which means the rest of clicks :omfg: . I think we don't really know what we want, right ? :noidea