Instagib+Translocator mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Instagib+Translocator mutator

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello All,
Is there a UT 99 mutator that will allow you to run instagib with a translocator? I appreciate and help thank you in advance.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Instagib+Translocator mutator

Post by EvilGrins »

Not exactly. Only way around that, I'm aware of, is to make sure you're playing on a map that has both of them as pickup items.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There is a mutator if I well recall it's called keepit or such, it was done to screw things when replacements removes everything for a specific game arena / instagib, it allows you to keep some of them untouched - Translocator, UDamage. etc.

If you have difficulties I can write something as server-side to do this job. Here I'm agree with you, translocator is a cute stuff for a default match.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Perhaps it is not what you want, but I want mention that with Nali Weapons 3 you have the Translocator (named RT) automatically in game. (I don't think I have changed Nali Weapons 3 config for that...)

In Mapvote the config line for Instagib Nali Weapons 3 in ctf gametype looks like:

Code: Select all

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.CTFGame",NewPrefix="nw3iCTF",Mutators="NWSuperBoltRifleVIII.SuperBoltRifleArena",Settings="MinPlayers=4,GameSpeed=1.00000")
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The man maybe doesn't want a whole big NW3 package loaded for a tiny thing as long as some players don't like that - no offence but they want to feel UT'99 as it is.
Things are doable simple with 10 kb loaded or NONE load (server-side). Why does it need harder way ? KeepIt it's already configured for Translocator - which is topic's goal after all.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Thanks for all of the replies. Just trying to set up a Giant map list rotation like we used to play back in the day. And I think your right EvilGrins. We used to make the maps with all of the weapons in the map and the IG pick up would be on top of a door jam or somewhere in the map. I was just curious if someone has come out with a mutator since then. I know in UT2k4 there are several IG+Trans mutators. The thing about the GM maps you need the Low Gravity and Translocator to get to all of the locations in the map. I will check out the Keepit mutator, someone PM me and says you need to run Zero Ping with Keepit, Is that true?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

There can always be a custom to make Instagib mutator with a trans.

Edit: Or you can possibly find one that allow the settings with xloc.
Last edited by Chamberly on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Actually there is, I made one for myself a while back. It has all arena mods along with insta with xloc. I will dig it up and post it.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Sweet thank you!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello does anyone know the name of Low gravity mutator of a server command line?
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Did you find your Instagib+Translocator mutator?

As for your last question. It confuses me...... :shock: :noidea
blarg
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Sorry man, I have been busy! I will look for it tomorrow and link you. As for the low grav, it's probably botpack.lowgravity...

Edit:
Okay so I couldn't find my mod that I made, I haven't organized or played in soo long. But I did however run across this and it's exactly the same thing I made, insta included! So I hope this solves all your issues man!

http://ut.noccer.de/Mutator/b00m-XlocArenas-100.zip
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

1. Default <Instagib> + <keepit> as it is in package = DONE. Do we need 20 pages for something already simple as a pie?
2. Wanna see mutators available from BotPack ? Take a look at Botpack.Int. Is that harder ?

> See green manure color >
  • Object=(Name=BotPack.InstaGibDM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="InstaGib,Combat with super high powered shock rifles.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.PulseArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Pulse Arena,Pulse guns only.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.FlakArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Flak Arena,Flak cannons only.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.RocketArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Rocket Launcher Arena,Rocket launchers only.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.ShockArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Shock Arena,Shock rifles only.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.SniperArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Sniper Arena,Sniper rifles only.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.ChainsawMelee,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Chainsaw Melee,Everyone's melee weapon is a chainsaw.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.NoRedeemer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="No Redeemer,The redeemer is removed from the game.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.NoPowerups,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="No Powerups,No shieldbelt, udamage, superhealth, or invisibility.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.LowGrav,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Low Gravity,Low Gravity.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.Stealth,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Stealth,Everyone is invisible.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.FatBoy,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Fatboy,Fatboy!")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.InstantRockets,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Instant Rockets,Rocket Launcher can't be loaded with multiple rockets.")
    Object=(Name=BotPack.JumpMatch,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="JumpMatch,Players will be able to jump extremely high.")
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:1. Default <Instagib> + <keepit> as it is in package = DONE. Do we need 20 pages for something already simple as a pie?
Yes we need for everything a new mutator!!
I want a mutator to play CTF only on Face][ with Chainsaws and every bot have to look like Xan ...I'm too lazy to change it in my game, Sooo is there a mutator out there for it? :ironic:

For everyone who didn't notice it ...this was sarcasm.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Am I wrong or isn't there a checkbox for adding translocator as a default when you start a match?
That plus the existing default mutators sector pointed out solves the problem.

No mutator needed.
blarg