Instagib+Translocator mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Instagib+Translocator mutator

Post by papercoffee »

MrLoathsome wrote:Am I wrong or isn't there a checkbox for adding translocator as a default when you start a match?
That plus the existing default mutators sector pointed out solves the problem.

No mutator needed.
Certain arena game types disable the transloc ...that's why Sektor mentioned "keepit".
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As for the rest of logic explanations.
When actor(weapon) spawns if it calls whatever PreBeginPlay it gets filtered if is accepted in game or not. Based on this thing mutators help in tweaking/removing stuff inside Level. Priority is relevance check is as follows:
- Actor bGameRelevant - accepted without further checks;
- Actor mentioned by AlwaysKeep - also accepted without next check;
- Actor changed/accepted by CheckReplacement - will be there too, or replaced.

Actor which is suppressing PreBeginPlay will be in game with any matter - this is a trick preventing an actor spawned to go in destruction and it also helps if that actor has bGameRelevant=True, and later might go back to normal.

Nasty things happens when stuff in cause has bNoDelete and/or bStatic ( like some map from 512 k contest - dumb config ) - Here I recommend to replace your default DM with another one able to ruin crap out. Yes, in InitGame() you can do what you need with an actor, causing a better functionality of mutators (entered a bit later in stage and preventing them to develop trash).

Arena mutators are working using CheckReplacement and AlwaysKeep - stuff is replaced in CheckReplacement and then AlwaysKeep sign agreement if stuff is OK - then no other checks are operated.

Mutator KeepIt works based on AlwaysKeep which means anything mentioned in INI file won't have a future CheckReplacement check, otherwise any weapon will be replaced with whatever Arena says. So we can have a default Translocator and SuperShockRifle as default player stuff. Did I forget to mention that you don't need anything else in ServerPackages ? No ? My bad then.
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Sektor you are correct with the KeepIt mod. I too liked to use it, but for they're situations, I think my mod would be perfect for them as it has exactly what they're asking for. b00m-xloc-arena is almost identical to what I wrote. I'm not sure if it has the chainsaws or not, mind however does! It's a simple arena mutator that allows all weapons arenas to allow xloc, using the bTranslocator command or check box (it uses the default command to avoid issues!) And it was actually very very simple. Basically I copied the original weapons arena classes and added the rest of the weapons that didn't have an arena mod. In order to achieve this goal all I had to do was extend off if the default package, abstract! Example:

Code: Select all

class myShockArena extends ArenaBase
           abstract;
Please forgive me, I don't believe that is the right arena subclass, it's been soo long since I've looked at the code. But as I said, it was just an example!

If you fellas can wait til Thursday afternoon, I will be more than happy to whip this up for you! I could use the practice anyways as I'm about to get back in on that hardcore UT99 action!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Actually an arena mutator is very simple and it doesn't need any "abstract" because that base already exist. It need a few lines written for admin which wants 2 in 1 mutator Insta+TLoc. Look at an arena example, contains 0 code, it is based only on default properties.

Code: Select all

class PulseArena expands Arena;

defaultproperties
{
     WeaponName=PulseGun
     AmmoName=PAmmo
     WeaponString="Botpack.PulseGun"
     AmmoString="Botpack.PAmmo"
     DefaultWeapon=Class'Botpack.PulseGun'
}
That's all. InstaGib has a few lines for removing the rest of stuff. We can subclass it into an attached InstaGib and adding an "AlwaysKeep" for Translocator. Then everything do works - it works even in games with another child of translocator. In other way is doable some Sub-Arena abstract involving Translocator and the rest of arenas are going to work as long as Translocator will be excepted from future checks if "AlwaysKeep" has a deal for it. These are doable as a different way, actually I wouldn't rewrite again what is already done and usable. Keepit has this purpose and it's compatible with all existent arenas. It won't load client because action is demanded by server. Setup needs a few minutes without writing codes.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Yeah the checkbox doesn't work with instagib, it gets rid of the Xloc. But keepit is working perfectly thank you all for the information. :rock: