Help to get original weapons back!

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
MasterShakespeare
Novice

Help to get original weapons back!

Post by MasterShakespeare »

I been all over the forum and couldn't find the answer:
I somehow downloaded a Mutator or MOD that has changed the original weapons for good. When I do not add any mutators or have a MOD running it still changes the original weapons. Is there a way to reset the set-up without a new install? Thanks.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Help to get original weapons back!

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, what's the mod? Because it sounds too strange to me.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:Well, what's the mod? Because it sounds too strange to me.
Same here :? you sure you didnt remove that mutator from the mutator list?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:Well, what's the mod? Because it sounds too strange to me.
Same here :? you sure you didnt remove that mutator from the mutator list?
Is that, it's possible that weapons get mutated without activating any mutator, you may have a weapon mod that has custom gametypes, like in Chaos UT (you have Chaos CTF), maybe you are choosing a gametype from the mod, so the mod weapons are added instead of normal ones.
MasterShakespeare
Novice

I am running with no mutators and no mods (as far as I can tell). Using original maps. Enforcer replaced with a revovler and there is like a red grenade. Also sometimes it doesnt let me choose maps anymore. I may be missing something, but i dont think i am. I will check back through everything.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

MasterShakespeare wrote:I am running with no mutators and no mods (as far as I can tell). Using original maps. Enforcer replaced with a revovler and there is like a red grenade. Also sometimes it doesnt let me choose maps anymore. I may be missing something, but i dont think i am. I will check back through everything.
Oh, I may know what your problem is, but one question: already happenned to you choosing for example CTF gametype to play, and appearing to you other map types, like DM, DOM or another one?

If so, you must have so many mods installed in your UT, that it starts screwing up certain critical files (I know this, in this moment I even have a screwed UT like that, you should see how certain weapon mods reacts in that UT :loool: , that's why I keep it, it's fun to see some interesting phenomenoms). The only solution available is reinstalling UT so far I know in this case.
MasterShakespeare
Novice

Thats what i thought. I was just hoping there was another solution. Thanks!
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

long shot, but try cut n paste your UnrealTournament.ini and User.ini to your desktop, for safe keeping... then start UnrealTournament game "everything" will be default settings again, as the UT99 engine will re create those .ini files, this fixes alot of issues without the need for a re install.

Any info you wish to keep from your old .ini files just replace accordingly.
if it dont fix your problem just return the original .ini files back into the system folder and overwrite the new default ones.

just rememberd, if you have and use new open gl or other graphics drivers in the system folder, you must also cut n paste those to a safe place or they will also be over written with default ones.
..Image