Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Post by Aldebaran »

I am testing Monster Hunt 2 Gold on a dedicated server. I would like to have some more options so I ask here if someone knows something about it or knows a mutator for it.

- Players respawn some seconds after death automatically even if bForceRespawn=False is set.
- Antiboost is a nice function but it disables friendly fire too. I need antiboost and friendly fire at the same time. Is there a mutator for it?
- Is there a mutator that kills or punishs a player automatically who teamkilled someone?
- I have tried to increase the health of monsters generally with the MonsterSkill value. It is set to 7 standardly but when I change it to a higher value the monsters "stuck", they show themselves moving all the time but on the same place so they does not move really. With a lower skill value the health value is decreased and they move normally but thats not what I want.
- Some MonsterHunt server futures a translocator with "beam me to a player" function. Exists a mutator for this or should I use another MonsterHunt version?

I am thankful for any help.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Post by Barbie »

So many questions... Either take it as a base and code the changes by yourself. Or try out MH2_NS_V2 as discussed in Thread Some good Monster Hunt? It has at least that coop Translocator you asked for in (7). Let's see what "Lolek Bolek" says... ;o)

What about a cooperative fully configurable MH source code project hosted on GitHub (or elsewhere)?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not singing forever the same song everywhere. I see separate forum sections old from 2011 which nobody cares to update but MonsterHunt game-type at UT99 has NO SECTION for separate debates even if game has people involved. So all info goes spread and hard to find. However I'll explain you some Admin lulus
- MonsterSkill - is a fake skill value named originally by Shrimp like that and having 0 sh!t for skill. The reality is that ScriptedPawn known AS MONSTER root from UT 99 is a fucking retarded thing at SKILL 7 by example. At that real skill value won't aim player EVER - probed and tested and confirmed by me 3 years ago. MonsterSkill is used to be screwed by Bot setup and delivering some extra properties for poor monster according to Powered Bot used - aside, MH Gold doesn't have too many things in common with Bot stuff...
Pawn class has a sort of clamp at max skill 3 equal with game difficulty recommended. Everything over those values are just a dumb setup going nowhere.
I was developing a total rewritten controller related to this supposed skill and MH general structure, if I have 7 or 6 monster will go at skill 3 - REAL SKILL, also 2in1 scaling >> Skill 2, Skill 1, Skill 0 - real skill values.

Player respawn - oh well, that's a default option;

Antiboost - oh well, another option

And so on...
Given fore-mentioned defaults which were not my style I have simply learned to write codes in UScript doing my own setup - as I wanted, yes killing player at mover because I don't like pawn stuck in a door and is utterly stupid to not see a heavy lift damaging moron trying to return it for wasting time with no purpose. Later I was helping other dude to learn doing stuff having many private sessions and now he can be happy doing his own stuff as desired (- and stolen by others).

The rest of your requests I did not see them implemented anywhere in MH because are so... "different".
Take in account my goals toward MH:
- running smoother and A.I. reacting aggressive - you are there to kill them so they are not supposed to love you for that;
- trying to prevent Level rammed by bad setup;
- trying to not mess even at ending game;
- trying to play even OFF Line with Bots if Internet is down for some reason;
- using multi-modules ? Reason: if something is bugged simple don't load it, leave alone useless data that has to be downloaded.
- Stuff For Player ? Sure, NOTHING, read again what I'm saying, NOTHING for player. Player has already a bunch of advantages toward enemy monster I think is already a sort of CHEATER:
- can run-away without paths;
- can walk through BlockMonsters;
- can respawn;
- can hold a lot of weapons;
- can reload weapons or a stupid regenerator is giving everything for being more dumber as possible;
- can get a bonus which Monster doesn't have;
- and so on.
Do I need anything else for hunters ? Don't you think that player has too much stuff already ?

Yes, removing health around monster from HUD because SetPawnDifficulty is not called properly so we need to mask the bug. The rest of setup is described in DOC and doesn't include hidden stuff. Being an intensive mod you might see monsters having a slow reaction at player, that "TICK" used was never made me happy.
No worries, teaming monsters must be done with care (other MH2 types), monster added in team too fast might crash server in maps with 1600+ Creatures because of additional iteration called for each of them. That's why some MH2 needs a lot of love.

The MAIN question is if we can develop a TEAM for coding a MH2 attached type taking in account real troubles from game rather than whistles and bells and developing options to call something external on demand and configurable, more flexible at loading several tools, setting up more values to be captured from outside and tweaked additionally if they need to. BaseMutator is powerful but we can trigger it at loading other one (for future needs) and/or simply stopping it to work on demand releasing job and resources for other tools as required. Making game too restrictive is not a response.

Other nasty point at these old MH2 not loved by me was replacement deal. I have killed a Manta or Tentacle and stuff dropped was hanging in air impossible to be get up without a stupid 10000 UU jump. Such jumps are not an answer for some maps which will looks like is jerking mapper's work limiting mapping style.

Each time when a coding MH2 race has been fired up, I did not see people involved to participate intensive. So, we have some results and... some work is still needed due to constant garbage added to MH.

The rest of chat sounds and other load for me doesn't make any sense. I'm NOT talking with players because I'm not interested about kids (these are players from now days, ILLEGALLY entered ON-LINE - see EULA) asking only manure and being more dumb than expected - but admins are listening them because have the same I.Q. So I'm playing with my Bots so to speak or in my stealth server when I'm not at home.

So... your dreams will come reality if you want to write a controller for yourself and/or shared to others.

The rest of my interest for MH is not so powerful as a few years ago due to "news" and "development" which just ruined all good old stuff. 2 days ago I found a map which I think I really forgot it, simple + Bot Support, ammo, weapons all normal UT stuff specific for an original MH.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm not singing forever the same song everywhere.
Wait... you can sing?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, see bellow...

You were talking about team-kill punish.
My current mod already has this "feature". In first attempts some turds were using to camp at doors being killed by team-mates in purpose to decrease their score. I could give them a harder reply but I'm not that evil. I could write something to subtract 1,000,000 points for moron killed at door if it was camping on purpose just for delivering a proper data for stats which they were using to hunt and which I'm wiping my ass with their positions on Game-Trackers any. Then let me see if any of them would hunt to take down a team-mate to not mention that I could do other things for player boosting mates to the death.
Yes, anti-boost coded at this moment in MH2 is not enough for conditions:
- Player Vs Itself;
- Player Vs Player(other);
- Player Vs Monster;
- Monster Vs Player;
- Monster Vs Monster(Other);
- Monster Vs Self;
Then let me see config deals... La la la - that was refrain of song...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I tried to open the MonsterHunt2Gold.u Package in UnrealEd 2.0 but it is not shown in the actors list.
Are there .u files I can't open in UnrealEd?
I need the .uc files because the files in the source code package seems to be incomplete. When I want to compile them it says that the class of MonsterBoard is missing...
Chris
Experienced

Post by Chris »

Doesn't look too bright, does it Nelsona? I'd also like to form a team of developers to deal with real problems, but doesn't seem to be many developers left who knows about the old days. Mostly seems like the whole Call of duty syndrome where everyone wants to amp up the gunpower and raise the stats to see huge numbers exceeding anything 32bits can carry. Anyone else who'd like to this trend to take a big turn?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I tried to open the MonsterHunt2Gold.u Package in UnrealEd 2.0
Don't use UnrealEd for it but "ucc make". See wiki for details.
Aldebaran wrote:When I want to compile them it says that the class of MonsterBoard is missing...
Probably this will not occur then.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:I tried to open the MonsterHunt2Gold.u Package in UnrealEd 2.0 but it is not shown in the actors list.
Are there .u files I can't open in UnrealEd?
I need the .uc files because the files in the source code package seems to be incomplete. When I want to compile them it says that the class of MonsterBoard is missing...
For editing codes you need a Text Editor rather than Editor Used for maps, following steps from some tutorials drop source-code into UT, rename it rename all related words MonsterHunt2Gold from .uc files with your desired name and get ready to try/retry/test cycles.
MonsterBoard is in default MH required in dependencies which won't compile if is not used the package for coding MH... so here we go again with the same song.
Chris wrote:Doesn't look too bright, does it Nelsona? I'd also like to form a team of developers to deal with real problems, but doesn't seem to be many developers left who knows about the old days. Mostly seems like the whole Call of duty syndrome where everyone wants to amp up the gunpower and raise the stats to see huge numbers exceeding anything 32bits can carry. Anyone else who'd like to this trend to take a big turn?
First question about MH5.04 was about some regen which... I won't do any rule about. Each admin must decide how wants to crash his/her own server - because there is goes with dumb timers. Second feedback was word "lives" used suggesting "lifes", oh well... when in Scoreboard at LastManStanding game will be written "Lifes" not "Lives" I'll fix my mistake (ooopss not mine). For the rest of bugs nobody said nothing... Of course things are more easily fixable because of less restrictive rules and this is how I was intended to bring back MonsterHunt. The rest of MH2 for me has other meaning than big gunz and 2000 tweaks because of 2000 Levels or 3000 tweaks because of 3000 Bad Levels.
Then:
I was working some days in the past and checking how to bring "SearchAndDestroy" in MH and Bot, and now I must "enjoy" "AssaultTheBase". First I think I need to create another ChallengeVoicePack done as I consider or finding a stupid cheap hack for ruining the "Fix" from last natives or getting back to v16 (I'm still thinking).
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:Don't use UnrealEd for it but "ucc make".
I know, I used "ucc make" already but the first problem was not how to compile but rather how to get the .uc files from the .u file I can't load into UnrealEd. Now I take the .uc files from the source code package included, but don't know if the files are complete.
sektor2111 wrote:MonsterBoard is in default MH required in dependencies which won't compile if is not used the package for coding MH
I extracted the MonsterBoard.uc file and put it into my classes folder. Then another error message came up: "Bad class definition"...
I think that is a special situation (also first time programing with ut) because the MH2Gold Mod depends on the original MH Mod. But how can I compile it finally? I renamed the classes "MonsterHunt2Gold" already so the name problem does not exist.
I am little bit familiar with programming, I think it is only a teething problem...
I already looked for tutorials (especially on youtube) but have nothing found that helps me in this special situation.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:I am little bit familiar with programming, I think it is only a teething problem...
I already looked for tutorials (especially on youtube) but have nothing found that helps me in this special situation.
Ooo, then we can talk on another Level.
Step 1) Prepare Coding Copy of UT
Step 2) Look for Sourcecode of MH2V3 - in that package if I well recall there is a MonsterHunt.u file different from default used in servers without integrated bugs - or see if V5.04 does help (UT-Files forum, Hook's forum, Medor's collection). Or... build a place-holder, or compile a clean MH based on Source-code from Shrimp directly.
Step 3) Do modifications to your Gold - add as dependency MonsterHunt.u any of good one. Compile. If fail see what other class is missing... If not See next step
Step 4) Test and Hunt errors.
Repeat Step 3) if problems are found.
Some hint: After getting how these do work you should try other architecture by rewriting several things, old architecture is not the best ever idea - confirmed multiple times.

Edit:Little info.
Whoever is trying to compile stuff for MH must deal first with simple tricky steps required for a clean compilation. Credits for these additional required hacks goes to Kenneth Watson aka Shrimp original author of MH which had intention to keep mod more original as possible... suuureee in another dimension...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH SEKTOR2111 !!! :tu:

Your tips work for me, I compiled it now without any errors. I have not tested if it works on server but will do it soon and post it here.

I had to do these things before compiling:
- unpack the monsterhunt2gold source code to base dir and name the folder to my new mod name (for example MonsterHunt2CLAN)
- unpack the monsterhunt source code (http://www.moddb.com/mods/monster-hunt/ ... ource-code) to base dir
- copy the null48.umx file from mh2gold into /Music
- add two lines into unrealtournament.ini (in the right section):
EditPackages=MonsterHunt
EditPackages=MonsterHunt2CLAN
- rename all MonsterHunt2Gold names in the class files to my own (for example MonsterHunt2CLAN)

...no MonsterHunt.u and MonsterHunt2CLAN.u file should exist in /System before start compiling.

And start compiling with "ucc make" in the command shell.

Then both mods will be build.
Finally I have to say, without the source code of both packages it seems to be impossible to compile it. I am very glad to found them. :D

:rock:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:...no MonsterHunt.u and MonsterHunt2CLAN.u file should exist in /System before start compiling.
Wrong enough, MonsterHunt.U (a clean one - it is useless to be recompiled all the time) is a dependent package for compiling "MonsterHunt2CLAN.u" else the second would never compile without the first being ready, you should have a bit of logic before deleting everything or saying that shouldn't exist. MonsterHunt.u was always needed for anything "monsterhunt" related mod/game-type/etc, you don't even need any source-code of it if you already have a good one in System. Source-code is used once for getting a clean file a single time, the rest of compilations are a waste of time. But EditPackages=MonsterHunt must be declared for dependent classes required by "Clan" add-on version: MonsterEnd, etc.

Aside, we don't need to re-compile entire UT because mod is dependent on Engine.u, right ????? Leave alone other files than your mod, including MonsterHunt.u if you have an error-free one. Just call EditPackages=... and remove YOUR Clan version only if you want to recompile it.

However now go and do testing and remove Gold away to see if is not dependent called, because doesn't make sense to have double load and to make a classes soup. Before making it public do check in logs for major errors and check a few maps.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sektor2111 wrote:However now go and do testing and remove Gold away to see if is not dependent called
It seems to run fine, I have changed only some minor things, not worth to be published.
Perhaps I have the courage and learn the ropes. But as a start I am very happy to be able to compile the mod. My first one!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

That's the start, you'll see later the options.