Arms Race?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Alcoholodeck16
Novice

Arms Race?

Post by Alcoholodeck16 »

Hello,

i'm looking for a mutator comparabe to the "arms race" of CS:GO. Basically you have to get a frag with each weapon and who first got a frag with each weapon wins.
I even tried scripting it myself but to be honest i have no clue how even after reading some tutorials.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Arms Race?

Post by EvilGrins »

Just to give you some hope, I have heard of an existing mutator for UT like what you describe, but it wasn't my cup of tea so I don't have it...

...but it does exist!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I do recall that it has been mentioned in a couple of threads on this forum - I think a couple of people were working on it - just put ArmsRace and GunGame into the forum search box and see what comes up.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:forum search box
I do this only on first try, because the forums search engine often lies about non existing words. If I don't get reasonable results from it, I use a web search engine (avoid saying "google" ;) and restrict the search to "site:ut99.org".
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I host a GunGame mutator on my UT99 server 75.148.50.205:7777 but the code and implementation is not the greatest. Plus configuration is lacking. I'll come up with better code soon as I have the time. I can upload the beta here if you want to try it.
Alcoholodeck16
Novice

Post by Alcoholodeck16 »

Thank you guys. I think i give it up. I spent hours of searching without finding smth. I wonder how hard it is to write such a mutator? Do you think it's "easy" enough to write it after learing some basic ut-scripting? Then i think it's better i "waste" my time by actually learning smth instead of keep searching.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Alcoholodeck16 wrote:Thank you guys. I think i give it up. I spent hours of searching without finding smth. I wonder how hard it is to write such a mutator? Do you think it's "easy" enough to write it after learing some basic ut-scripting? Then i think it's better i "waste" my time by actually learning smth instead of keep searching.
Why not get hold of SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}'s GunGame beta, then you can try it out and have a look at the code as well?
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Yes i did see the hof weapons they looking very good.
I did take a peak at his server, sadly i have a ping of 200 so i lost from the bots lol.
Those weapons belong to retexture program files that nice made they are.
They are very shiny and looks very good.
Also the sounds are very good.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Hmmm. The closest thing I know of is NIUT. Really loved that mod but it didn't catch on.

Everyone has the same weapon for a set amount of time. A warning sound occurs after x amount of time and then everyone's weapon change to something else.
Also random amp, boots and invisibility to players. I thought it was fun.

Will be watching this thread as the mod you are after sounds fun :tu:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Pileyrei wrote:Hmmm. The closest thing I know of is NIUT. Really loved that mod but it didn't catch on.

Everyone has the same weapon for a set amount of time. A warning sound occurs after x amount of time and then everyone's weapon change to something else.
Also random amp, boots and invisibility to players. I thought it was fun.
Sounds pretty similar to http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamicarena ...here you can place other weapons in the weapon cycle.