Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons - SOLVED

Post by papercoffee »

MrLoathsome wrote:Thats ok. :what: I am used to it by now. :nonono: :omfg: :sleep:

Everybody forgets about that, although they should ALL be running it ALL the time
I do ...since day one. It makes the bots smarter and deadlier.
I noticed only one little bug in one map where UT2U1 changes two weapons from UT to Unreal versions, but every other weapon is default UT one ...It's CTF-ProjectX2.unr.
If I remember correct in the red base is somewhere in a van an assault rifle and in the blue base an Unreal sniper rifle or/and an Asmd :ironic2:
If I activate UT2U1 not even NW3 can swap those weapons.

Edit----------- made a typo.
Last edited by papercoffee on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

If you're swapping the weapons by directly editing the positions of them, literally swapping them for other weapons, you need to do it with Tournament Weapons. If I was home I coulda done this with screenshots, will come back later and do so.

In UnrealEd you open the .u for whatever weapons you wanna place on the map (if there's multiple .u files for different weapons open them one at a time, easier to keep track of). You goto "Inventory" skim to the bottom of that category and goto "Weapons" and near the bottom of that category are "Tournament Weapons".

Ammo is listed under "PickUps" which also has a "Tournament" category I believe.

With the exception of the Unreal1 weapons (hence why switching the Dispersion Pistol is so easy) all weaponspacks have Tournament Weapons built into them. Dunno why, but it always works loading them onto a map-edit for me.

I'll screenshot this up later if you need me to.

Was the SOLVED in the subject line before? I didn't notice that until like an hour later...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EG, I have ON-Line and OFF-Line both TournamentWeapon(s) and Weapon(s) usable EXCEPT quadshit (which is a broken trash). Not a single time "I smacked down multiple times" with Eightball. We are in 2016, btw...
The problem is that we have non-synced maps (even stock) which have weapons but no ammo for them and ammo without weapon accordingly, (Skaarj also doesn't bring ammo that much) so I am forced to use a slow regen at this point, else those weapons become useless very fast (example CTF-Niven) and another ones by the rest of "smarts" which doesn't know default weaponry... :loool:
Those craps were managed by default DMMutator which replaces any old thing with a Tournament type thing and that's why nobody figured problems - but there are problems, the mostly Stupid Mapping ( an old problem after all ).
In maps which I'm fixing I'm using even old weapons because I'm not disturbed in using everything from UT as it is.
papercoffee wrote: I noticed only one little bug in one map where UT2U1 changes two weapons from UT to Unreal versions, but every other weapon is default UT one ...It's CTF-ProjectX2.unr.
UT2U1 doesn't change UT weapons with Unreal versions - If I recall well, it keeps them there, so they are part of Level not replaced.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons

Post by Aldebaran »

EvilGrins, I changed subject now once more, it was only for me solved but perhaps there are other possibilites.

MrLoathsome, thanx! I will have a look at it asap.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

sektor is again correct. UT2U1 does NOT swap anything on its own.

It just tweaks the game in a way that allows U1 and UT99 classes to co-exist.
And speeds up ANY gametype on or offline.... As papercoffee has noticed with the bots.
I had to reduce bot skill quite a bit on my servers when I put that on there.

It should work with any mutators that do the replacements or additions of weapons into the map, or by summoning the classes
into your game from the console manually. It should work with any thing. Including U1 classes that are in your UT maps, that you didn't
even know were there. :shock:

Here is what is happening on that CTF map papercoffee mentioned:

The map was written with the Unreal weapons in it. Every time you played it in the past WITHOUT using UT2U1, the default UT DMMutator code
was swapping those 2 weapons to the UT versions, so you never knew the mapper had placed the U1 versions of the weapons there.
Until you tried the map with UT2U1 running. :rock:

There are a few default maps, where you will see the same thing happening with a couple of pickups. (Invisibility and a few health items I think.)

This is not really a bug with UT2U1. You are just seeing the maps with the actual classes the author had used for the first time. :satan:

@EG. I am a freak. I ain't editing maps, I am making .U files with Notepad.
I can't even find a weapon on a map with that damn UED. (I bet a dollar I am 100% correct on the above "not a bug" in that CTF map however.... 8) )
Cant make a map, but I do have a vague idea of how they work. (Maybe.... :ironic2: )
If I was a mapper, your comments would be right on. (I think.... I dislike UED a lot, and use it as little as possible.)
I do try to make the various content I have done as easy for mappers to use as I can.

@Aldebaran. Let us know how it goes, or if you have any config questions.
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hm... I don't really dislike Editor when is about some MyLevel things I cannot stay away. Of course... I won't lie I found maps with BSP craps which I could fix (without to be an insane expert at geometry (I'm using only a worm type logic))- I'm still wonder why they were released in trash state because they could be improved. Stuff from maps. Let me see...
Your mutators will actually do nothing in swapping Weapons placed bStatic in maps - author is still in -noob state, NEVER EVER a weapon should not be bStatic or bNoDelete or bGameRelevant because it has the meaning to be Ported Held by Player or a Pawn and or used in arena types (worm logic), these utter trashes are even contest mapping subject (still cannot understand participation with dumb shit).
Now it's my turn to make rules...
My CTF and DM allow Swapping stuff and presence of team educated monsters, also properly f..king trash set by mapper. So to speak those maps are going Arena Maps instantly (even without XC_Engine) if this is a need and without firing Accessed Nones.
Liniar/OnceOnly fired TimeDilation/GameSpeed + replacement guarded makes Skaarj flawless by simply getting over BotPack crappy rules.
Yes, I was using "StuffWrapper" and I could see flaws which I never liked (weapons moved which should be untouched). That stuff is unable to deal with Pawns and Weapons after all, I don't want to throw you in deceptions but the best stuff is that one which you personally do for you. The rest of mods are myths, seriously... default ReplaceWith will ruin your games, so it's time to open eyes and do stuff.

Example (bit off-topic)
These days I was thinking at a XAN mutator (something similar to UTDMT) talking and complaining about his connection and all bla bla and hunting player all time, MBot_D based. But let's say I will just camp doing nothing because some retarded "addicted" ones cannot understand that a Bot with ping doesn't have nothing with a NetConnection for A.I. (A.I. is part of server) and Bot is not PlayerPawn so will only trigger spirits about making fake players mods even if nobody will see any Player in browsing or server trackers. So I won't even start it, but there are other things to solve...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MrLoathsome wrote:This is not really a bug with UT2U1. You are just seeing the maps with the actual classes the author had used for the first time. :satan:
That's actually it... I checked it in the editor and the mapper seemed to like the old Unreal eggbeater AND put also the UT minigun in the same map. I didn't notice it till you distributed UT2U1.

@Grins ...if you like a real challenge use UT2U1 your bots will be beasts. They acting faster and more intelligent. I died more often through a well aimed tele-frag in CTF games then ever before.

@MrLoathsome, is UT2U1 boosting even other bots like the one from sektor?
I noticed some incompatibility with NW3 (which boosts bots AI as well) ...but I have to recheck. It's long ago since I combined those two mods.
Darn, it's long ago since I started UT ...I need to cool this graphic-card asap.