RocketX Configuration in Monster Hunt

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

RocketX Configuration in Monster Hunt

Post by Aldebaran »

For Monster Hunt there exists some old maps with old RocketX in it, for example SkyBlueFound_2 and SkyCoreBeta5. Then RocketX3 will be downloaded for the maps. I saw that players have unlimited RocketX when they take only one. So I installed a RocketX3.ini in server configuration directory and set:

[RocketX3.StrangeAmmoVX]
configMaxAmmo=6

It does not work, the value won't take over. I have done this with Strangelove for some time because of the same issue and there it works fine.

Are some values hard coded in the map that can't be changed?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Re: RocketX Configuration in Monster Hunt

Post by RocketJedi »

We have the same issue.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Not a big RocketX kinda guy, though I can think of 1 map off the top of my head that could probably use it best. It's currently got Qjets, which are disturbingly slow, and the start area is on a floating area but the fighting area is on a floating island very far away.

Takes the Quantum Jets forever to get there.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, after rocketing session I'm gonna tell you why I removed all this stuff.
Very simple, they are not only spamming errors but have problems which are annoying in games.
Example if I well recall Drop RocketX3 while you fly in water - you will stupidly get stuck, then at a moment o death HUD remains a bit green, repeating instance makes HUD more green until you will be disturbed. Given issues bugging everything + 0 A.I. code I removed this RocketX3 aka KongLauncherVX from my repositories because it takes space for doing only problems.
I don't know if anyone fixed these stupid packages - and fixing will involve mismatches due to maps already done.
But if you did not get tired of annoying content you can decompile code and see "config" values where are stored and create INI where it needs to (in hoping to not be client - else client will rule game as it wants).
Let me guess ReplaceFunction by Higor probably won't make much Voodoo Magic because HUD is in Client, and client without XCGE won't trigger any ReplaceFunction, the best way is creating a replacement... loaded only if have to, and getting self packaged for clients in run-time.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

on our MH server we are using rocket x replace which replaces the old rockets with the new ones. Still though they are unlimted
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Some remarks here:

This map exists with at least two different names: MH-AlpSLRace-Fix.zip and mh-skybluefound_2.zip. The archives are different, but the maps are binary equal (verified by COMP). FYI md5sum(MH-SkyBlueFound_2.unr) is 87dfd66cab5b2b2e182054f68b734138.
---
Aldebaran wrote:[RocketX3.StrangeAmmoVX]
configMaxAmmo=6
If I do this settings on client and play locally, configMaxAmmo works as expected. If I keep these settings on client and connect to the server, client's MaxAmmo is reset to server's default MaxAmmo.
---
Aldebaran wrote:I saw that players have unlimited RocketX when they take only one.
Of course you know that you can pick up "Fuel Cores" to extend the fly range of that KonglauncherVX? Did they change the KonglauncherVX (the old one flies further and get destroyed) or do they just fly endlessly with one instance?
---
I had to put "SLV2Fonts" as "ServerPackages", because it is not requested by client/map when loading the map, but needed for displaying client's HUD "RocketX-Controls".
---
123 Actors with duplicate names in map
List of duplicate Actors
87dfd66cab5b2b2e182054f68b734138 ../Maps/MH-AlpSLRace-fix.unr: DUPCOUNT=123
Brush1
Brush10
Brush100
Brush101
Brush102
Brush103
Brush104
Brush105
Brush106
Brush107
Brush108
Brush109
Brush110
Brush111
Brush113
Brush15
Brush16
Brush17
Brush18
Brush2
Brush20
Brush21
Brush22
Brush23
Brush24
Brush25
Brush28
Brush29
Brush30
Brush31
Brush32
Brush33
Brush34
Brush36
Brush37
Brush38
Brush39
Brush40
Brush41
Brush42
Brush43
Brush44
Brush45
Brush46
Brush47
Brush48
Brush49
Brush51
Brush52
Brush53
Brush54
Brush55
Brush56
Brush57
Brush58
Brush59
Brush6
Brush61
Brush62
Brush63
Brush66
Brush67
Brush69
Brush70
Brush73
Brush75
Brush77
Brush78
Brush79
Brush80
Brush81
Brush82
Brush83
Brush85
Brush87
Brush88
Brush89
Brush90
Brush91
Brush92
Brush93
Brush94
Brush95
Brush96
Brush97
Brush98
Brush99
DefaultAmmo2
Light21
Light22
Light23
Light24
Light25
Light42
Light43
Light44
Light45
Light46
Light47
Light48
Light49
Light50
Light51
Light52
Light53
Light54
Light55
Light56
Light57
Light58
Light59
Light60
Light61
Light62
Light63
Light64
Light65
Light66
Light67
Light68
Light69
Light70
WaterZone0
---
On every kill of a monster a ScriptWarning is issued:
UtilVX MH-AlpSLRace-Fix.UtilVX192 (Function RocketX3.UtilVX.sname:0034) Accessed None
I think some of the incomplete client messages are caused by that. And if you look at the code you see why these ScriptWarning occurs:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

function setDamageString(string s, Actor k, Actor o) {
     debug("setDamageString(" $ s $ ", " $ sname(k) $ ", " $ sname(o) $ ")");

level.game.specialDamageString = parseKillString(s, k, o);
}

Code: Select all

function string sname (Actor A)
{
  if ( A != None )
  {
    if ( A.IsA('Pawn') )
    {
      return Pawn(A).PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName;
    } else {
      return noMap(A);
    }
  } else {
    return "none";
  }
}
If a ScriptedPawn is killed, "o" is a ScriptedPawn, but that does usually not have a PlayerReplicationInfo.
---
Some more ScriptWarning on client:
ScriptWarning: XSFRed MH-AlpSLRace-Fix.XSFRed2 (Function RocketX3.XSFRed.Update:0123) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FuelcoreVX MH-AlpSLRace-Fix.FuelcoreVX51 (Function RocketX3.FuelcoreVX.Pickup.stopHover:002A) PlayAnim: No mesh
ScriptWarning: StrangeShellVX MH-AlpSLRace-Fix.StrangeShellVX2 (Function RocketX3.StrangeShellVX.Destroyed:012E) Accessed None
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Holy shit! I knew that they have problem but now is see that this is a full toilette not a MH Map. That's explain old problems ruining all game fun with stupid crashes... :wth: Probably to dodge from a known stupid thing a moron admin renamed a copy of map (for increasing number of maps from lists) for being more popular. Sure not trash, but trash × 2 = Better Deal, or let's say STEREO trash. Probably in 2017 I will expect 5.1 or more "professional" setup...
Keep going...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Just to entertain you: Have a look at the mover near the bottom :lol:
Spoiler
MH-AlpSLRace-fix.jpg
I think as long as the pivot is within the grid area, things will work...
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Jessus Christ! Someone did need an ambulance...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:Did they change the KonglauncherVX [...] or do they just fly endlessly with one instance?
They have endless RocketX which they can use as weapon too for example although they only take one. It's like a weapon you take once and you have endliess munition then. It has nothing to do with fuel cores.
Barbie wrote:If I keep these settings on client and connect to the server, client's MaxAmmo is reset to server's default MaxAmmo.
The configMaxAmmo value from the server's RocketX3.ini is taken in the case you have locally an .ini file too? That sounds complicated. That would be the case when players installed RocketX3 manually on their machine but the normal way is downloading automatically when map is choosen. I think that would be a big bug because configMaxAmmo should be ALWAYS a server side thing and should never depends on what file is stored locally.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:The configMaxAmmo value from the server's RocketX3.ini is taken in the case you have locally an .ini file too?
What I did: I put
RocketX3.ini wrote:[RocketX3.StrangeAmmoVX]
configMaxAmmo=6
on client. If I play local, I can pick up until 6 StrangeAmmoVX. Then, nothing changed on client side, I connect to a server and play that map there. Then I can pick up until 1 StrangeAmmoVX.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Now I found out why players have unlimited RocketX:
It has to do with ammo regeneration, RocketX are treated like weapons, so it depends on the Monster Hunt configuration and not the RocketX configuration...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

:highfive: