AdvancedMutator v2r1 <Mainly for developers>

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v4b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by OjitroC » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 pm

There is no ini file in the download - reading through the post looks like there should be one?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v4b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:31 pm

OjitroC wrote:There is no ini file in the download - reading through the post looks like there should be one?
There's no any configuration in the uc classes, no need for an INI file :/ Maybe you meant INT?
Image

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v2b

Post by OjitroC » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:36 pm

I see - it's just that you said
PrinceOfFunky wrote: EDIT: Oh and anyway, it doesn't work at all since I forgot to change the version inside the INI. I'll reupload it with the correct INI file.
Presumably you meant INT?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v2b

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:29 am

OjitroC wrote:I see - it's just that you said
PrinceOfFunky wrote: EDIT: Oh and anyway, it doesn't work at all since I forgot to change the version inside the INI. I'll reupload it with the correct INI file.
Presumably you meant INT?
I'm sorry, I didn't noticed it :/

Anyway :D * UPDATED TO VERSION 5 BETA *
PrinceOfFunky wrote:Anyway, I think when the first release version will be released, the next versions will be backward compatible. They will be mutators extending the previous versions.
Image

User avatar
Wormbo
Adept
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by Wormbo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am

All those name choices are sort-of bad. What exactly does your mutator do? Sum that up in one, two or three English words (not counting articles and prepositions) that still allow people to recognize the functionality and you have your name.

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9276
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by papercoffee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:49 am

Wormbo wrote:All those name choices are sort-of bad. What exactly does your mutator do? Sum that up in one, two or three English words (not counting articles and prepositions) that still allow people to recognize the functionality and you have your name.
^This ...What exactly does your mutator do?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:11 pm

FullyFeaturedMutator?
Image

User avatar
SilverSound
Adept
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am
Personal rank: Curious
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by SilverSound » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:15 pm

PrinceOfFunky wrote:FullyFeaturedMutator?

Well I'd say that it's basically a super version of mutator. He's giving mutator.uc some big extensions.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by OjitroC » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:36 pm

PrinceOfFunky wrote:FullyFeaturedMutator?
No - as that still raises the question 'What features?'. Plus, of course, one hopes that all mutators are fully featured in the broad sense.

Perhaps you can explain in plain and simple language what the mutator does and when, how and why I should use it? I, for one, have no idea what 'calling call-back functions' means. I may be dumb but others have asked for an explanation as well.

Sektor suggests it is a testing tool - I did run it in-game for a while and noticed nothing beyond 'hitting wall' messages in the console.

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:23 pm

OjitroC wrote:I did run it in-game for a while and noticed nothing beyond 'hitting wall' messages in the console.
Ohhhhhhh, now I understand why you're saying this .o. You don't code I guess, and you thought this is a mutator which does something at gameplay level. It doesn't at all, it's a base for new generation mutators. It's like the class "Mutator.uc", it does nothing in the actual gameplay, it's job of the modders to create a mutator which extends the base mutator to do something in the actual gameplay.
(The logs are just for testing, they will be removed once this "base" mutator won't be a BETA anymore)
SilverSound wrote:Well I'd say that it's basically a super version of mutator. He's giving mutator.uc some big extensions.
And you didn't even try the v6b :D Great news!
Image

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by OjitroC » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 pm

PrinceOfFunky wrote:...it's a base for new generation mutators. It's like the class "Mutator.uc", it does nothing in the actual gameplay, it's job of the modders to create a mutator which extends the base mutator to do something in the actual gameplay. (The logs are just for testing, they will be removed once this "base" mutator won't be a BETA anymore)
I understand now. You need to call it something that reflects that it is an extended base mutator or extended mutator class?

As a matter of interest, what logs does it generate?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:31 pm

OjitroC wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:...it's a base for new generation mutators. It's like the class "Mutator.uc", it does nothing in the actual gameplay, it's job of the modders to create a mutator which extends the base mutator to do something in the actual gameplay. (The logs are just for testing, they will be removed once this "base" mutator won't be a BETA anymore)
I understand now. You need to call it something that reflects that it is an extended base mutator or extended mutator class?

As a matter of interest, what logs does it generate?
Mutator class is a base for all mutators, mine is a base for all mutators that want to use this mutator's new features, this can be represented as the following tree:

Code: Select all

+ Mutator(Does nothing but lets other mutators to use its features).
|- InstagibDM Mutator(extends Mutator).
|- FatBoy Mutator(extends Mutator).
|+ AdvancedMutator(extends Mutator class) + (Does nothing but lets other mutators to use its new implemented features).
  |- FunStuff(extends AdvancedMutator).
  |- QLModeClone(extends AdvancedMutator).

Callbacks are pieces of code that are called when an event happens. Like, Score changes call a callback in the Mutator base class, if you want to create a mutator that needs to know when the score changed, then you use this callback, like FatBoy mutator, uses it(if your score increases you get fatter, otherwise you get thinner).
The generated logs are, mostly, logs which help me and contributors(if any) to catch bugs(problems) in the code. Some are just to show that these new features(callbacks) work fine.
Image

User avatar
Wormbo
Adept
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by Wormbo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Oh, I think I realized what you're trying to achieve. Having done a similar thing before, I can tell you people will likely not care that much. The bulk of my mods based on EnhancedItems did a bunch of cool stuff with nice synergies between the mods, but that wasn't enough to promote widespread use either.

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9276
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by papercoffee » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 am

Wormbo wrote:Oh, I think I realized what you're trying to achieve. Having done a similar thing before, I can tell you people will likely not care that much. The bulk of my mods based on EnhancedItems did a bunch of cool stuff with nice synergies between the mods, but that wasn't enough to promote widespread use either.
Now I understand why your mods affecting each other. I'm not a coder so I was always puzzled how this could work.

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: AdvancedMutator v5b + Examples [+ POLL]

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:49 am

Wormbo wrote:Oh, I think I realized what you're trying to achieve. Having done a similar thing before, I can tell you people will likely not care that much. The bulk of my mods based on EnhancedItems did a bunch of cool stuff with nice synergies between the mods, but that wasn't enough to promote widespread use either.
We are doing it for the community, if it will be alive longer, maybe there will be the day someone will use our stuff that now no one uses.

Oh and:
Wormbo wrote:The bulk of my mods based on EnhancedItems did a bunch of stuff
They still do.
Image

Post Reply