Monster Hunt: Looking for a Translator Mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Monster Hunt: Looking for a Translator Mutator

Post by Aldebaran »

Some maps like MH-Invasion_1 or campaign maps playing with monster hunt are using the old unreal translator for additional messages.
I would like to see them (normally when collect the tranlocator a message will be displayed to press F2 but that don't work here, so this message should be replaced too). Exist there a mutator for displaying the messages in any way?
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Monster Hunt: Looking for a Translator Mutator

Post by Barbie »

See thread Translator in MH also.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

First some stuff:
[attachment=0]UTTranslator.zip[/attachment]
And then a few words:
This will do some replacement of Translator with another sort of "Translator" It won't translate messages from a language into another but... if you have a key bound for command <InventoryActivate> (I have ENTER=InventoryActivate, GreyMinus=InventoryPrevious, GreyPlus=InventoryNext) in User.ini file, you might trigger ON-Screen Message for a TranslatorEvent. Message will stay until you leave TranslatorEvent but it can be activated/deactivated later if you press said key.
The rest of setup and info is described in Txt file from archive. Use source-code for doing other thing if this one is not that good as expected. I did only a few short tests in that so called map MH-Ziki debated here.
Attachments
UTTranslator.zip
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you sektor211!

Thank you Barbie too, I think I have overlooked the thread. It is not very old :o