Team Balancer for CTF

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Team Balancer for CTF

Post by Pileyrei »

Its been a long time since I setup a server from scratch. Just realised that I don't have a team balancer on my one server for when CTF games are played. So if someone leaves the teams become unbalanced.

I know there are a few options but I wondered if anyone who recommend the "best" team balancer to use?
Looking at AutoTeambalancev1.5

Any other suggestions?

Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Team Balancer for CTF

Post by EvilGrins »

There's an automatic Team Balancer built into UT.

For online games, provided total number of players is entered into your setup, it substitutes uneven teams of players with bots to balance things out.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Interesting.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

The advantage that AutoTeamBalance has over UT/Nexgen (Nexgen has a team balance command that must be invoked manually) is that it weighs up individual player strengths (by considering frag counts) rather than looking solely at disparities in player numbers on each team.

So it can solve situations where you have two notionally equal teams - say a 5 vs 5 match - but one team is stacked with high skilled players, and the other has comparatively weak players. Here UT/Nexgen would just let things run (and there are occasions where over-interference can be annoying. After all, someone's got to lose), but AutoTeamBalance would pro-actively make player switch decisions in an attempt to even the odds.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

ShaiHulud wrote:The advantage that AutoTeamBalance has over UT/Nexgen (Nexgen has a team balance command that must be invoked manually) is that it weighs up individual player strengths (by considering frag counts) rather than looking solely at disparities in player numbers on each team.

So it can solve situations where you have two notionally equal teams - say a 5 vs 5 match - but one team is stacked with high skilled players, and the other has comparatively weak players. Here UT/Nexgen would just let things run (and there are occasions where over-interference can be annoying. After all, someone's got to lose), but AutoTeamBalance would pro-actively make player switch decisions in an attempt to even the odds.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Looking at it and seeing MPUK had it I think that's what I will be installing.
:tu:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!