ChaosUT issues

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: ChaosUT issues

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Btw what did you do with your files ?
I named the map "ChaosTrees.unr" the same as the package "ChaosTrees.u" - this has lead to an error on my test server, too:
Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Failed to find object 'Level None.MyLevel'
Please rename the map and try again.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote:Please rename the map and try again.
Yes, that works OK. The front row is the animated trees/plants presumably as they are ones that are moving?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:
Barbie wrote:Please rename the map and try again.
Yes, that works OK.
Additionally I have replaced the attached archive in my posting.
OjitroC wrote:The front row is the animated trees/plants presumably as they are ones that are moving?
Exact. If you don't like the speed they are moving, change the rate "0.1" in the code:

Code: Select all

event PostBeginPlay() {
	LoopAnim('DRAC_B_ANIM', 0.1);
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It's rather odd that, although it replaces the UT BioRifle with the Chaos Sword, ChaosUT doesn't replace the UT BioAmmo (as these lines from the UT Log show)
UT Log wrote:ScriptLog: MIConverter: Replaced CTF-assidaria2_beta2.Class3Ammo0 with CTF-assidaria2_beta2.MultiPickupPlus4 (1 Items):
ScriptLog: MIConverter: Item[0] = Botpack.BioAmmo
ScriptLog: MIConverter: Replaced CTF-assidaria2_beta2.Class3Ammo1 with CTF-assidaria2_beta2.MultiPickupPlus5 (1 Items):
because, in a game with ChaosUT weapons replacing the default UT weapons and ammo, the BioAmmo is unuseable and so useless. I have seen Chaos ArmorShards placed in a couple of maps instead of the BioAmmo - perhaps as a partial 'solution' addressing this issue.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Ummm, I am sure by default the sword is supposed to replace the Impact Hammer which does not have ammo, and is your melee weapon.

Armour shards are not swapped with ammo. I can't remember what they get swapped with. I think it is half of the health pickups, and the other half is turned into health phials.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Dr.Flay wrote:Ummm, I am sure by default the sword is supposed to replace the Impact Hammer which does not have ammo, and is your melee weapon.
That isn't actually what happens - when ChaosUT is set to replace UT weapons, the sword replaces the BioRifle - when set to cycle between the two, these lines from the log indicate what happens (the sword and biorifle cycle)
UT Log wrote:ScriptLog: MIConverter: Replaced CTF-assidaria2_beta2.Class3Weapon0 with CTF-assidaria2_beta2.MultiPickupPlus7 (2 Items):
ScriptLog: MIConverter: Item[0] = ChaosUT.sword
ScriptLog: MIConverter: Item[1] = Botpack.ut_biorifle
Dr.Flay wrote: Armour shards are not swapped with ammo. I can't remember what they get swapped with. I think it is half of the health pickups, and the other half is turned into health phials.
I think what I said in my previous post is wrong as playing that map with Chaos set to replace UT weapons/ammo, I did notice a single armor shard where the BioAmmo should be. When ChaosUT is set to cycle with UT weapons/ammo, the BioAmmo remains and doesn't cycle with anything.

It's probably fairly obvious from earlier posts but the UtilityGun freezer fire doesn't freeze monsters, though it does kill them.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yeah, about the Armor shards...

...been all over ChaosUT.u in UnrealEd and can't figure out where they're listed.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:Yeah, about the Armor shards... ...been all over ChaosUT.u in UnrealEd and can't figure out where they're listed.
They're in UTChaosMap.u.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

This isn't so much an issue as it's just really WEIRD!

Mixing mutators can sometimes cause unexpected strangeness, but this isn't exactly that.

UTDMT aren't so much a mutator as a large bot that throws boulders. When crossing paths with ProxyMines, if it steps on one... the Titan will bounce around whenever they do:

That's not so bad, it's kinda cute almost... but now we move into the WEIRD.

A vortex launched by a bot interacted with... something, and started bouncing all over the place:

It eventually flew over the wall and disappeared.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: UTDMT aren't so much a mutator as a large bot that throws boulders. When crossing paths with ProxyMines, if it steps on one... the Titan will bounce around whenever they do:
Possibly because the UTDMT are ScriptedPawns and the proxies do not explode when in contact with ScriptedPawns? Interesting though that the Titan is bounced around by them.

Presumably the same thing happened to the Vortex - it was in contact with a proxymine - still, as you say, the effect is seriously weird.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Once again UTDMT is a TITAN, a ScriptedPawn - unfixed btw - a rushed work coming with two U files one of them being copied and renamed to UTX, yeah, read well that UTX is not a texture file is a renamed U package (probably another borked copy - I have my fixed single one anyway functional) - if anyone has a mismatch problem, say thanks to "Factory". Beside this, UTDMT uses an INI file yeah - un-shared usually, an INI file making user/admin to configure this pawn as needed.
As a completion this Titan (after all) uses a PlayerReplicationInfo like Bots and Players else it wouldn't be able to spread messages in chat or to use NAMES. This is not a problem in taking damage, the problem of taking damage is THE SIZE used, Titans are sometimes invulnerable at several projectiles because of some collision problems - see stock shock-balls as one sample. In MH games you can fire 1000 shock-balls at Titan and they do not get too much damage - is the same thing in all games which uses default damaging scripts, I don't spawn Titans in my DM games for multiple reasons:
- THIS damage problem;
- they are not good at Navigation due to their size;
- they might not spawn in all spots - again their size.
It's all about an useless big ass pawn created to mock games because is not suitable in all environments compared with a Skaarj which would be more efficient...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote:... a rushed work coming with two U files one of them being copied and renamed to UTX, yeah, read well that UTX is not a texture file is a renamed U package (probably another borked copy ...
Yes - according to the readme file, the UTX should contain just a small texture - it does have the talk texture but, as you say, a load of code as well - the talk texture is also in the UTDMT.u so the UTX file is superfluous.

I get the impression, from the readme and from the comments in the code, that it was intended that only one UTDMT should be placed/spawned in a DM map. This possibly accounts for these types of lines in the UT log (as an example, when I killed Titan1)
Spoiler
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Died : I (Titan1) was killed by !Masked_Marvellette!
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Titan2) killed Titan1
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Titan1) killed Titan1
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Mr.Titan) killed Titan1
as it seems to me that this part of the code was not written to take account of there being more than one UTDMT.

You're right about the navigation problems, of course - the readme recommends using the UTDMT in DM-Titania][ but even there the Titan has problems moving around.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: UTDMT aren't so much a mutator as a large bot that throws boulders. When crossing paths with ProxyMines, if it steps on one... the Titan will bounce around whenever they do:
Possibly because the UTDMT are ScriptedPawns and the proxies do not explode when in contact with ScriptedPawns?
Actually they do, but those are Red Team Proxies with a Red Team UTDMT... so no KA-BLOOEY.
OjitroC wrote:Presumably the same thing happened to the Vortex - it was in contact with a proxymine - still, as you say, the effect is seriously weird.
Maybe but I've never seen a proxy go anywhere near that high off the ground.
OjitroC wrote:I get the impression, from the readme and from the comments in the code, that it was intended that only one UTDMT should be placed/spawned in a DM map.
It was created by GorGor (who I can't find anywhere) and the map it was 1st on was DM-Titania. A great map where there's 1 UTDMT at the very bottom in a pit.

Hence why many of the default messages for the thing say variations of "come down here".

Although given the configuration options built into the UTDMT it's clear it was also intended to be used for team games, which I do edit it into. Even before I started skinning and editing the thing into maps, there were about a dozen existing ones (though none of them skinned) out there. Even one of the JailBreak gametype I no longer use.
sektor2111 wrote:not suitable in all environments compared with a Skaarj which would be more efficient...
JackGriffin expressed a recent interest, so I'm hoping he might be open to taking the UTDMT and creating SkaarjBerserker, Queen, and/or Warlord versions... though I'd prefer based on the original template, and not the (no offense) more recent version with the .ini file you did up.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not do any version with INI - that was the default setup, I have only fixed those accessed nones in my version, not doing adds, you should check that OLD crapped code, INI file is a default option as the rest of options. If you add an INI file it will be in account and map setup discarded even by original UTDMT as it is. If the guy doing this pawn did not shared INI that's a different story not my problem, because yes, even original UTDMT used by you is able to read an INI accordingly, this is being done for letting admins to configure it as they want - just look at code because I did not created anything -THAT WAS DONE by GorGor. if you don't like INI files that's YOUR problem - UTDMT IS CONFIGURABLE regarding to your stories. Code is evidence.

Code: Select all

class UTDMT extends StoneTitan 
	config(UTDMT); //Read this 1000 times

// Import the face texture.
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=TitanFace FILE=Textures\TitanFace.pcx GROUP=Face LODSET=2

// This is the name he will have in deathmatch/botmatch games.
// Shouldn't be longer than 20.
var() String MyName;
The post note:
This work also has required some internal mutator. Why he was doing mutator ? For preventing UTDMT Titans to pick up items - because they are bIsPlayer by default in order to spawn their PlayerReplicationInfo so they would do a mess with items. If that problem has been solved the rest are still borked. That's why I'm not using any of titans shared anywhere, I'm using my titans in all these maps. A plus for me, my UTDMT has Net code - rotating boulders able to kill another enemy Titan which default UTDMT will never do, only spamming map useless.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Although given the configuration options built into the UTDMT it's clear it was also intended to be used for team games, which I do edit it into.
May be but parts of the code don't take account of that - hence the log entries I posted with ALL the Titans claiming a kill, when the kill was mine.