ChaosUT issues

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ChaosUT issues

Post by sektor2111 »

Umm... Nope. I'm speaking about maps already done - even stock ones. Inside thread "mesh thoughts" I can speak more but... it looks like "I wanna rant only" and I do "nasty posts" so I'm not gonna rant leaving happiness to roam around, but... if I'll fall suddenly in love by Chaos, this thing will gain a bit of love especially these dumb "prepivot" offsets because I really don't have any clue why do we need such mesh type mess. So to speak mutator can be adjusted - what I'm saying ? A different package can be reworked here with similar content but different defined - hey, I think it can be a server-side so it won't need a new file to download... talking about that "modifyplayer" and replacements deal since in 2002 probably "Level.bStartUp" was unknown :loool: . Better later than never.
My tech recommendations:
- redefining ReplaceWith in other format with assistance for respawntime/rotationrate/rotating pickup - a delayed check would be priceless - these can spawn in game later and/or unlinked with paths but we might want them replaced properly. I think we can deal with a false replacement by not removing old things just making them to be nice wherever they are located in Level;
- we have player clean at spawn so we can just give him/her stuff without useless codes;
- we might be going to love some content VIA XCGE.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This isn't a big deal but it's bothered me just a tad ever since Chaos 1st came out, and maybe now I can finally get an answer about it.

Regarding The Claw... it always says its "offline".

Shouldn't it be online at least once in awhile?
Attachments
Shot0014.png
Shot0014.png (151.28 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:Regarding The Claw... it always says its "offline".
... but it doesn't. It should (and does) give the ammo count (flak shells and proxy mines) and will only say 'offline' when it is out of ammo. See ChaosUT_Version1-1.txt which comes with Version 1.1
Spoiler
Changes Since Beta 4
====================
7. Flak2 counter now shows your ammo count, not 'offline'.
This suggests you don't have the latest version or that you have files from different versions installed. Try removing all your Chaos files and download and install version 1.1 from the Chaos site.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:This suggests you don't have the latest version or that you have files from different versions installed. Try removing all your Chaos files and download and install version 1.1 from the Chaos site.
I only have version 1.1 and I had this issue both recently and back when Chaos first came out.

Show me a screenshot from you using it, please.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Show me a screenshot from you using it, please.
Here's a couple with ammo - ignore the ammo count shown, which is higher than the normal capacity of the Claw, that's a result of the ammo generator/regenerator I'm using
Shot0052.jpg
Shot0051.jpg
and one without
Shot0053.jpg
EvilGrins wrote: I only have version 1.1 and I had this issue both recently and back when Chaos first came out..
You said earlier that you recently manually installed ChaosUT version 1.1 but that you had had Chaos since it first came out - it is possible that in the manual install you did not overwrite some of the older files - the 'offline' problem is certainly fixed in Version 1.1 so that seems to be the only explanation.

Download Version 1.1 again and compare file sizes and dates with the ones that you have.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Hmmmm, think I need to monkey around with that somewhat.
OjitroC wrote:You said earlier that you recently manually installed ChaosUT version 1.1 but that you had had Chaos since it first came out
They're not on the same UT install.

I keep my original UT install in a separate directory from the one I most often use since I got Unreal Anthology.
Attachments
zClip0002.png
zClip0002.png (2.34 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:Hmmmm, think I need to monkey around with that somewhat.
Another check on the version you have - do you have the Utility Gun?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Hmmmm, think I need to monkey around with that somewhat.
Another check on the version you have - do you have the Utility Gun?
Never even heard of the Utility Gun.

Screenshot please!

According to Doc Flay's site, I've got the most recent version for ut99.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Never even heard of the Utility Gun.
Then it is safe to say you don't have ChaosUT version 1.1 - see the Version 1.1 help text file which says ...
ChaosUT_Version1-1.txt wrote
Changes Since Beta 4
====================
4. New Weapon: Utility Gun with Fire, Freeze, and Air ammo.
7. Flak2 counter now shows your ammo count, not 'offline'.
EvilGrins wrote: Screenshot please!.
I can do one later if you want but ...
EvilGrins wrote: According to Doc Flay's site, I've got the most recent version for ut99.
Like I said before, go to this site https://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut-download/; download CUT V1.1 Full (umod or zip versions available) and compare the file sizes and dates with the ones you have - you will likely find they are different in some respects so remove all the Chaos files you have and install the downloaded Version 1.1.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: Screenshot please!.
I can do one later if you want but ...

Code: Select all

The ChaosUT Utility Gun is basically 3 guns in one. When fully loaded, you will be able to freeze your enemies, set them on fire, as well as blow them around the map with blasts of air.

Primary Fire:
The primary fire will be Ice Pellets, or FireBalls, depending on what you have loaded. And if you have neither, then your primary fire will be the Air Blast. The ammo counter mounted on top of the gun will change color to indicate which ammo type is ready to fire. Blue is Ice, Red is Fire, and Green for Air Only.

Alternate Fire:
When you have fire or ice loaded for primary fire, the Alternate fire for this weapon will still be short, powerful blasts of air. This can be used strategically, or simply to have fun bouncing people off the walls for a few minutes.

To rotate between ammo types, simply continue pressing the Utility Gun’s select key.
Default key is the “5”

Ammo Types:

Air Only : When holding an Air Only version of the Utility Gun, there will be no fuel cells loaded into the bottom of the gun, and you can only fire blasts of air. The blasts are quite powerful, however, due to the nature of the gun’s design, you need to stand back several feet from your target to be effective.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

An update on some of the issues highlighted in this thread - I played MH-GardenOfDeath_DNEG.unr with ChaosUT set to replace UT weapons etc and found
EvilGrins wrote:3) Sword doesn't get bloody when fighting monsters.
The sword does get bloody; the amount of blood will depend on how many enemies it slices up.
EvilGrins wrote:Also, can't use "weapon stay" with Chaos running for some reason.
Works OK as well - the only weapon that doesn't stay is the Claw, as this cycles with the Proxybox.
EvilGrins wrote:Moving right along, turns out the Vortex will suck up players on my own team... but not monsters. Also somewhat annoying after using Vortex I can't use any other weapons unless I drop it first, normal switching doesn't work.
The Vortex sucked up and pulped all the Minatours and then all the Krall; later on also sucked up some of the various Titans - found no problem with normal switching from the Vortex to other weapons.

The effect (and efffectiveness) of the Vortex will depend on the size/mass/health of the monsters and how far the Vortex is from them - if monsters are too big and/or too far away to be sucked in, the Vortex can slow them down or stop them moving at all - this was particularly noticeable with the Titans. The Vortex had minimal impact on the Warlord at the end of the map even if deployed right under it - but then that Warlord does have around 300,000 health!!
Dr Flay wrote:The rocket propelled rifle ammo is ridiculously deadly, and should be thought of as a Rail gun. The instant-travel bullet will continue through any number of enemies, so 1 bullet can do a lot of damage for a long distance.
Not so sure about the long distance - from observation it seems to me that the Chaos Sniper rifle normal bullet has a longer range - for really long distance sniping of a static or slow moving target, the explosive arrow firing crossbow is best; it has a very long range.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: Never even heard of the Utility Gun.
Then it is safe to say you don't have ChaosUT version 1.1 - see the Version 1.1 help text file which says ...
Not really that safe. I did download that version. Mine has the same .txt file in it which lists the Utility Gun but I'm not mapping with ChaosUT so I haven't placed it on any maps.

What is the Utility Gun supposed to be replacing from the mutator? It's not turned up on any maps I've used it on.
OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Moving right along, turns out the Vortex will suck up players on my own team... but not monsters. Also somewhat annoying after using Vortex I can't use any other weapons unless I drop it first, normal switching doesn't work.
The Vortex sucked up and pulped all the Minatours and then all the Krall; later on also sucked up some of the various Titans - found no problem with normal switching from the Vortex to other weapons.
Wondering if this is like a setup issue like with NW3's vortex, cuz I've used the Chaos vortex on several monsters when it's right over them and nothing happened.

Tried it in CTF yesterday on a UTDMT, which also didn't work.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: What is the Utility Gun supposed to be replacing from the mutator? It's not turned up on any maps I've used it on.
It replaces the Pulse Gun in weapon slot 5. Is the map in the screenshot in your first post in this thread MH-GardenOfDeath_DNEG.unr? If so, the Utility Gun appears in that at the start among all the weapons and ammo there.
EvilGrins wrote: Wondering if this is like a setup issue like with NW3's vortex, cuz I've used the Chaos vortex on several monsters when it's right over them and nothing happened.
I don't think so - the only configuration settings are in ChaosUT.ini (can be altered by using the mod menu) and there are no settings for the vortex. I have just played two versions of the MH-GardenOfDeath map, including the one mentioned above, and summoned a UTDMT - the vortex sucked it up and splattered it all over the place in both maps.

It's really odd because a lot of the issues you have were fixed in Version 1.1.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@ EvilGrins
Do you have admin rights on your computer?
Are you allowed to overwrite any files?
Does the "last modified" date match with each Chaos file?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EvilGrins
Also check the 'date created' - and, as you seem to have two copies, compare the file size, date last modified and date created for the Chaos UT files in your UT/system directory with those in whatever directory they are in in your Unreal Anthology directory.