ChaosUT issues

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: ChaosUT issues

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:@ EvilGrins - the Chaos gametypes are in ChaosGames.int - you probably don't have two of those but check out the other Chaos int files as you might possibly have something from an earlier version?
No duplicates, but at least I've got somewhere to look now.
Attachments
Clip0005.png
Clip0005.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Looks like you could do with unhiding common file extensions to make things clearer.

UT99 Registry Fix and the install function of UMod Browser will fix your inability to use UMODs
Both here -> http://www.ego-creations.de

I have not had a problem with monsters and the vortex, but I use spawn mods in any map, so it could well be a mod clash.

Using Chaos with Xpickups also showed that the rifle don't always swap if used with another mod.
"Wormbo" kindly made a mutator to fix that, which is now added to my mirror of Chaos related files along with his other fixes and updates (worth using).
Many mods rely on all weapons being subclassed from the originals, and some of the Chaos stuff is in its own class.

:noidea Here we have some useful bug reports where some of us see something to fix or bypass, and some see a wall of impossibility.

There is also the option to not use MH but to make a monster filled Coop map, more like "Jackgriffin" and "MrLoathsome" tend to host.
Speaking of Loathsome, he is going to have a play with Chaos and one of his setups to see what he finds.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Oh, there you are!
Dr.Flay wrote:UT99 Registry Fix and the install function of UMod Browser will fix your inability to use UMODs
Probably not. UMOD files still work with my original UT install but I primarily play the Unreal Anthology installation of ut99 and the UMODs don't work with that.

Any idea how to fix those blank slots in my Game Type selection list?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Any idea how to fix those blank slots in my Game Type selection list?
You've checked the ChaosGames.int for errors? It should look like this
Spoiler
[Public]
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosKOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosTeamKOTH,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosDeathMatchPlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosTeamGamePlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosCTFGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosAssault,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosDomination,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosLastManStanding,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosSwordArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.ChaosTeamSwordArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=Chaosgames.CUTBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
You could also try removing game types you never play or only play occasionally.

Oh yes and if you start up the game, go to the gametypes menu then close down the game, is there anything in the log that might point to the problem?

------------------EDIT-------------------
A couple more MH/ChaosUT issues to do with the placement of ammo
  1. 1 In lots of the MH maps I have played the freezeammo and fireballammo are buried in the floor and so they are not picked up (at least I don't get a pick up message)
    2 After playing several MH maps I got lots (and I mean lots) of lines like the following in the log

Code: Select all

Log: PoisonArrowPack93 fell out of the world!
    Log: ExpArrowPack103 fell out of the world!
    Log: PoisonArrowPack94 fell out of the world!
    Log: PoisonArrowPack95 fell out of the world!
    Log: ExpArrowPack104 fell out of the world!
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Re: The ammo falling out of the world.

Look at the setting for bCollideWorld.

I know that when adding the Dispersion Pistol powerups, (UnrealShare.WeaponPowerUp), with SwarmSpawner
I had to set bCollideWorld True for them or they would just fall thru the floor and generate those errors.

Still getting my edit install sorted out here, but will take a look to see what that setting is at for those
chaos classes once I get that source all exported and whatnot.

**Edit
Ran a few tests, and it looks like that bCollideWould var is not the problem with those arrows falling out of the world.
If I stumble across the reason will update this post.
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If your ChaosGames.int has the lines poted above, check that ChaosUT.int also has the line

Object=(Name=Engine.GameInfo,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Info,Description="ChaosUT,Chaos UT")
The only config modification the complete UMOD installation does is add;

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=Chreks
ServerPackages=Chrekskins
ServerPackages=Chrekvoicedozer
ServerPackages=Chrekvoicescout
ServerPackages=ChaosUT
ServerPackages=ChaosUTRHUD
ServerPackages=ChaosUTMiscMuts
ServerPackages=UTChaosMap
ServerPackages=ChaosGames

[Editor.EditorEngine]
EditPackages=ChaosUT
I guess you have not setup UMOD browser.
The idea is it bypasses the registry by launching the correct setupe.exe for all the games you have that are in the prefs.
This means you can use both Unreal and UT UMODs as the Windows filetype is ignored.
You choose which game the mod is for before hitting install.
As long as both Unreal and UT have the setup.exe files, it will run the correct version.
Missing it ? Install the last patches for either games to get them back.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

sektor2111 wrote:As a matter of fact I was explaining already somewhere that SeePlayer is never called for monsters (turrets and such) else in a MH map in first second monsters would slaughter each-other instantly - but not everyone has a logic of thinking - else some of those SP Levels would never work and MH would never exist, THAT simple. I've modified a cannon for such task when I was testing other monsters because that one is "blind", ignoring any super-duper setup with useless mutators except those pushers or a sort of extra A.I. task done for Chaos on purpose, SeePlayer will never have calls out of bIsPlayer pawns and default monster is never bIsPlayer except SkaarjTrooper more or less permanent depending on weapon taken or not. The rest of featured PlayerReplicationInfo has nothing that much with MH which uses One Team and Monsters. Okay, keep going, is fun to read and see "hopes" because me one I will never use any MH-Chaos mixed thing and I know what I'm saying.
Just an idea. Maybe make a mutator which detects if main Chaos mutator is there in mutator chain. If so, start searching for turrets and fire an iterator on turrets to look for monsters near them + visible and make those monsters as turret's target or make them gotostate 'attacking'.

I haven't looked at chaos codes.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Spectra wrote: Just an idea. Maybe make a mutator which detects if main Chaos mutator is there in mutator chain. If so, start searching for turrets and fire an iterator on turrets to look for monsters near them + visible and make those monsters as turret's target or make them gotostate 'attacking'.
Whilst that is indeed an idea for a fix, I am not sure that it would really be worth the effort to fix the Chaos turrets for MH. As Dr Flay pointed out, they are essentially a defensive weapon, useful for defending fixed points, and so potentially of great use in CTF and AS gametypes in particular. MH is more dynamic in that (in most cases) the player(s) is moving through the map and, since turrets are static, they would quickly be left defending points when the action has moved on. They would, of course, be useful in those MH maps, such as the MH-Invasion series, where the player is defending a specific area.

It might be more useful to 'fix' the Vortex?

It is a pity that the Chaos mod is not more flexible and, indeed, configurable in the way that, for example, NW3 is and one could choose which ChaosUT weapons should replace their UT counterpart - with this kind of flexible set up, my choice would be that the ShockRifle is replaced by the crossbow solely firing explosive arrows, the Redeemer replaced by just the Vortex and the UT Flack cannon not replaced at all.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Whatever karmic cannon is doable or some A.I. management can be injected but it will require studying Chaos and doing things properly - default cannon has state "ActiveCannon", state "Attacking" is for common pawns, Bot and ScriptedPawn.
This task will require testing (and a bit of coding of course) and dropping new stuff in MyLevel, time consuming, and me one I'm already busy with some Level with other stuff which I find more challenging - as mentioned already in a recent post I'm having problem with Title so I think I'll call it with a name time-stamp based - pretty simple choice and it will not mismatch with stupid generic names.
As a sample around "mods", there is some Skaarj using a strong weapon (designed in Japan but felt in wrong hands :satan: ) and... that weapon still stay there even by using RocketArena mutator bypassing common primitive replacements and working as it was intended - probably Chaos will not screw those weapons as well and that stuff is not on purpose for being messed up with replacements and/or making a mix and ruining map's originality.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I have now used the Vortex in a MH map and found that it killed several SkaarjLords and a Warlord - perhaps the problem of ineffectiveness is with non default UT monsters?

Weapon placement issues - I've noticed that both the Claw and the Turret Launcher are often partially buried in the ground/floor - the former can usually be picked up, the latter not.

Probably for the reasons stated earlier in this thread, the FreezeAmmo of the Utility Gun does not freeze UT monsters but it does kill them with sufficient hits, albeit at fairly short range.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

An update on the ammo falling out of the world issue - I think I have located the source of the problem.

When ChaosUT weapons and ammo replace the default UT weapons and ammo, the arrow packs fall out of the world and the utility gun ammo is buried in the ground. So I thought I would see what happened if the ChaosUT mod cycled between Chaos weapons/ammo and UT weapons/ammo.

These lines appear a lot in the log
Spoiler
Log: PoisonArrowPack0 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore0 fell out of the world!
Log: ExpArrowPack0 fell out of the world!
Log: PoisonArrowPack1 fell out of the world!
Log: ExpArrowPack1 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore1 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore2 fell out of the world!
Log: ExpArrowPack2 fell out of the world!
Log: ExpArrowPack3 fell out of the world!
Log: ExpArrowPack4 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore3 fell out of the world!
Log: PoisonArrowPack2 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore4 fell out of the world!
Two things to note - first, the shockcore now falls out of the world; and second, the normal arrow pack DOES NOT (confirmed by observation in the maps I played).

So I had a look in the ChaosUT.u to compare the properties of the ammo for the crossbow (Actor>Inventory>MultiItem) - Class4ammo contains the 3 arrow packs and the shockcore and Class4ammoNoSC has just the 3 arrow packs. The only difference I could see in the properties is in Class4ammo/Class4ammoNoSC>MultiItem>LocationOffSet>Z.

For the normal arrow pack (Class4ammo ChaosUT.ArrowPack which doesn't fall out of the world when cycled with the UT ShockCore) the Z LocationOffSet = 0; for all the others the Z Location OffSet = -30. This probably explains why the arrow packs (and the shockcore when cycled) fall out of the world in most cases.

Turning to the freezer/fireball ammo of the Utility Gun (Class5ammo when cycled with the Pulse gun ammo and Class5ammoNPA with just the Utility ammo), the situation is similar - in Class5ammo the Z Location OffSet = 0 (and so the ammo is not buried in the ground) but for Class5ammoNPA the Z Location OffSet = -25 and so it is largely buried in the floor/ground.

This does seem rather bizarre - why the differences? has nobody noticed before? is it just my ChaosUT.u?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Another facts: mutator replaces pathed stuff, not things with no "Marker", so by saving paths some ammo un-pathed might not be replaced/debated. The rest is "fun" in "modifyplayer" checking for some inventory. Player dying will drop weapon and the rest is destroyed. So at a new re-spawn scanning inventory types for player with no inventory doesn't make any sense. Player dead has no items from any kind as I know so far default rules, there I see errors each time when Bot/Player do spawns.
Meh... :( . For such things Epic were messing with "Credits.utx" - no more comments...
After this "fascinating" Contest perhaps we have to regroup troopers and ask for fixes at "factory". If no one will move a finger, we can start to debate fixing this mess right here.
We have XCGE and some small experience - a helper actor might be welcomed nearby the rest of awesome setup.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I think with that "LocationOffset.y" you have found the reason why these things fall out of the world - that "LocationOffset" is added to the spawn location:

class MultiItem extends Inventory;
var Actor CurItem;
var vector SpawnLoc;
auto state SpawnItem1 {
begin:
	SpawnLoc = Location + LocationOffset1;
	CurItem=Spawn(Item1,,,SpawnLoc,Rotation);
Maybe these negative offset values for the Z axis are set because these ChaosUT ammo have strange collision cylinders: it seems that the pivot point is set to the lower border of the mesh and not into its middle:
ChaosUTAmmo.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Do you you know my "Z" deal ? In some custom DM I simply put upper inventory for matching more properly InventorySpot's location - Bot related activities. I think here the same tweak will do some good things.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Maybe these negative offset values for the Z axis are set because these ChaosUT ammo have strange collision cylinders: it seems that the pivot point is set to the lower border of the mesh and not into its middle:
That's a very informative diagram - but why would the collision cylinder be like that? Presumably all this stuff was tested but presumably by people who were aware of the strange collision cylinders and the location offsets and so compensated for them.
sektor2111 wrote:
Do you you know my "Z" deal ? In some custom DM I simply put upper inventory for matching more properly InventorySpot's location - Bot related activities. I think here the same tweak will do some good things.
Mappers are going to have to do that if they want those ammo types to spawn properly.