ChaosUT issues

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: ChaosUT issues

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: In this pic I'm attaching, that Titan walked right through the vortex and was only slowed down by it a bit; it was sucked into it but it pulled itself out.
I would think that is pretty unusual - I tried it against a UTDMT eight or nine times and, almost invariably, the Titan was sucked in and pulped. Did the same with a Queen with the same result. There's a comment in the code for the Vortex (projectile) that says it sucks "(almost) everything" in, so there will be instances when it won't depending, I suppose, on the size, mass, health and distance from the vortex of the monster/object.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm not saying a UTDMT can't be killed by a vortex, I surprised one that was low on health and ducked around a corner...
Attachments
Shot0005.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Also somewhat annoying after using Vortex I can't use any other weapons unless I drop it first, normal switching doesn't work.
I've come across that issue as well now several times - may be after trying to use the VortexArm while a Vortex is active or map related?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

As we are talking about the vortex anyway, this isn't an issue so much as a curiosity, I was wondering.

Vortex is a one-hand weapon. So, what is that thing on the left when I switch from the vortex to any other weapon?
Attachments
Shot0135.png
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:As we are talking about the vortex anyway, this isn't an issue so much as a curiosity, I was wondering.

Vortex is a one-hand weapon. So, what is that thing on the left when I switch from the vortex to any other weapon?
haaand.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Thanks paper!

One more thing about the vortex... why can I only launch 1 at a time?

There's an actual warning message that pops up that says you can't launch a vortex as there's already an active one, and it's not always me. If I'm doing a team game, I can't launch a vortex until whatever vortex someone else on my team launched ends.

Is there a way to disable that??
Attachments
Shot0134.png
Shot0112.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:One more thing about the vortex... why can I only launch 1 at a time? ..... If I'm doing a team game, I can't launch a vortex until whatever vortex someone else on my team launched ends.
Is there a way to disable that??
Not without rewriting it, I think. It would, perhaps, be rather too chaotic to have multiple vortices active at the same time, especially in close proximity.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Little logic triggering...
What if in a game with 16 players and the map... something small... everyone will deliver a vortex ?
What the purpose of such a mess ? Any other proposal more challenging ? :noidea
I thought that name of topic is "ChaosUT issues" - this is OFF topic because I don't see it as an issue except a logic issue of player in understanding hard-coded RULES.
Edit: Back on topic
Perhaps we need some "Editing Support" toward that ammo placement according to Chaos type crapped fascinating collisions. Some builder to adjust all ammo collisions according to "Chaos Mapping" rules for preventing delivering a mess at ammo chapter or... a small tiny little mutator for operating some cheap hacks on purpose to bring Chaos playable in all stock maps ? Eh ?

Oh, wait, ignore me, it's only page no. 6...
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:Little logic triggering...
What if in a game with 16 players and the map... something small... everyone will deliver a vortex ?
What the purpose of such a mess ? Any other proposal more challenging ? :noidea
Because this mod is called CHAOS?
But yes, you are right. This would be just overload. I mean it's already too much to place more than two turrets in CTF.
sektor2111 wrote: Oh wait, ignore me it's only page no. 6...
You can resist the call of the silly comments. :mrgreen:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote:I mean it's already too much to place more than two turrets in CTF.
You can limit the number of turrets active at any one time.
sektor2111 wrote: ... a small tiny little mutator for operating some cheap hacks on purpose to bring Chaos playable in all stock maps ? Eh ?
Perhaps it could check the Z LocationOffset of all Chaos ammo placed in a map or spawned as a replacement and, if the Z LocationOffset was negative (-30 in the case of the arrow packs and -25 in the case of the UtilityGun ammo), set it to 0? The same with the TurretLauncher as this is often buried in the floor (haven't checked the Z LocationOffset of that).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Basically anyone interested in a bit of coding can do something like this:

Code: Select all

class EhChaos expands Mutator;

event PreBeginPlay()
{
	SetChaosEverywhere();
}

function SetChaosEverywhere()
{
	local Ammo A;

foreach AllActors (class'Ammo',A)
	{
		A.SetPhysics(PHYS_None);
		A.SetLocation(A.Location+vect(0,0,20));
	}
}
Perhaps it should improve what was doing Chaos. I'll bet that it do works as server-actor without to be in ServerPackages.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:The Chaos decoration packages are:
[...]
chaostrees.u
I noticed that some trees have a Mesh with multiple sequences, what means they can be animated - but none of the trees has code for it.
Attached is a map with all trees of package "chaostrees.u" and additionally in a second line the MyLeveled animated versions of it.
<EDIT>
Replaced ChaosTrees.7z by ChaosTreesV2.7z. Only the map name has changed within the archive: ChaosTrees.unr ->ChaosTreesMap.unr
</EDIT>
Attachments
ChaosTreesV2.7z
Map with all trees of package ChaosTrees.u
(537.33 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
ChaosTrees.jpg
Last edited by Barbie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Interesting... What did I miss ?
[attachment=0]TressOrPlants.PNG[/attachment]
Btw what did you do with your files ?
The rest it's just crashing XCGE at collision chapter... ringing @Higor's door...
Attachments
TressOrPlants.PNG
Last edited by sektor2111 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Each plant has a static version and an animated one.
They animate when you bump or shoot them.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah, having animations but bStatic ? In this sample I see custom types but I don't get why game is crashing by firing map. This is unusual and it does a collision crash... Meshes in void ?
Edit:
Oops, excuse me but... these decorations are not for me...
[attachment=0]Meshes_again.PNG[/attachment]
Let's say that I do a fake understanding about that moon3 without Net code (I don't know a single operational On-Line instance) but these "trees" are centered in crap, seriously this is dumber than I could dream about... Not only ammo are a mess, amazing stuff keeps going...
Dr.Flay wrote:They animate when you bump or shoot them.
If they have bCollideActors=false (as here) there is no bump or reaction at touching from any kind :lol2: . Inside them I did not see any any such code, perhaps projectiles are "pushing" them (if they will ever collide being "captured" by mod) ?
Attachments
Meshes_again.PNG