weapons and projectile mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
shockpl
Average

weapons and projectile mutator

Post by shockpl »

Hi unreals.

I just wanna ask You, if it will be hard to make from antitweak mutator as tweak, which will be change on the server to my tweak :

http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=&sear ... rch_mode=f

to make it as tweak with option mutate tweak_on, default option will be mutate tweak_off

In antitweak creator made in mutator to check meshes, textures, drawscale etc. to default values if the values have been changed to another.

And now I want to change default values as mine changes, at simple:

Code: Select all

shock ball: shockproj.texture.tranglow | shockproj.drawscale.2 | SHOCKPROJ.bMeshEnviroMap.TRUE

pulsegun secondary: starterbolt.drawscale.06 | pbolt.drawscale.06

flak ball: chunktrail.DRAWTYPE.DT_MESH | chunktrail.mesh.utringex | chunktrail.drawscale.1.6
ETC ETC ETC

and more for another projectiles of weapons. that will be mutate tweak_on

for mutate tweak_off values go back to standart UT values:

shock ball: shockproj.texture.default | shockproj.drawscale.default | SHOCKPROJ.bMeshEnviroMap.default 

pulsegun secondary: starterbolt.drawscale.default | pbolt.drawscale.default

flak ball: chunktrail.DRAWTYPE.default | chunktrail.mesh.default | chunktrail.drawscale.default
ETC ETC ETC

Salut for you :) Pleas answer.
Last edited by shockpl on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Re: antitweak as tweak

Post by ShaiHulud »

So you want a mutate command that will turn AntiTweak on or off?
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

Nah, I want to modify AntiTweak as a Tweak.

Standard will be Tweak set to off, will be turning on with command in console mutate tweak_on

AntiTweak is checking if default properites of classes have not been changed and now I want just change these default properites to my changes. Without kicking, without logs.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I replied to your PM. If you can code I'd send you my personal anticheat (antitweak code is included in it) and you can configure it however you like. I'm not going to offer support for it though, it's just something I made for my personal servers as an addition to catch what ACE doesn't. You'll need to know how to compile code to use it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

Jack will be realy nice, but I dont need nothing like antycheat or antitweak in this.
Also im not a 100% coder, maybe just 23% I will search someone to help me with this mod.
I know how to compile and also I dont understand whole code, only some parts,.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Apologies for misunderstanding, but your ambition is to update AntiTweak to support your modified weapon? I've changed AntiTweak a bit on our server to support the CTTree33 models (as an example):

function setVars()
  foreach allactors(class'ctfflag', flag)
  {
    // Add support for Christmas Tree flags (CTTree2y)
    if (flag.IsA('XmasTree'))
    {
      flagDrawScale = flag.DrawScale;
      flagLtRad     = flag.LightRadius;
      if (flag.IsA('XmasTreeRed'))
        flagMeshR   = flag.Mesh;
      else
        flagMeshB   = flag.Mesh;
    }
    // Add support for Christmas Tree flags (CTTree33)
    else if (flag.IsA('CTTXmasTree'))
    {

if (flag.IsA('CTTXmasTreeRed'))
        flagMeshR   = flag.Mesh;
      else if (flag.IsA('CTTXmasTreeBlue'))
        flagMeshB   = flag.Mesh;
    }
    // Stock flags
    else
    {
      flagMeshR     = flag.Mesh;
      flagMeshB     = flag.Mesh;
    }
    break;
  }

function updateFlags(bool bChristmas)
{
  if (bChristmas)
  {
    flagMeshR = LodMesh'Botpack.XmasTreeR';
    flagMeshB = LodMesh'Botpack.XmasTreeB';
  }
  else
  {
    flagMeshR = LodMesh'Botpack.pflag';
    flagMeshB = LodMesh'Botpack.pflag';
  }
}
And then there's a mutator which can force an update with a console command:

var bool gbAllowChristmas;

function Mutate(string MutateString, PlayerPawn Sender)
{
    case "TOGGLE_CHRISTMAS":
        if (toggleChristmas())
          Sender.ClientMessage(msgPrefix $ "Christmas effects now enabled. Reconnect to activate.");
        else
          Sender.ClientMessage(msgPrefix $ "Christmas effects now disabled. Reconnect to activate.");
        break;
}

function bool toggleChristmas()
{
  local AntiTweak AT;
  gbAllowChristmas = !gbAllowChristmas;

foreach AllActors(class'AntiTweak', AT)
  {
    // Update flag meshes to match current flag class
    AT.updateFlags(gbAllowChristmas);
  }

return gbAllowChristmas;
...so I can selectively force AntiTweak to allow the different CTFFlag classes.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I demand a self change for flags automatically in December around Christmas and coming back after Christmas using time-stamp from Level. Why Console ? Or configurable automated or manual switching.
Or another meshes based on season: spring, summer, autumn, winter...
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Heh, it actually will change automatically come December 1st. I just set this (mutate command) up so that I could test it in action, and preview it (the Christmas tree flags aren't the only seasonal modification) with a few people without having to stop the server and modify ini files.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

gopostal:
You won't get much help on this. It would require a recoding of antitweak and that makes it something that is both technical and uninteresting to most coders. It took me a pretty good while to get it right.
I'm curious, why do you want it set up that way? It's an odd thing to do (just wondering).
If is true I just search a help how to create a new mutator which will be change the default properites of class on the server side as mutator.
Even without mutate tweak_on
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

PM/email me what you need and I'll fix you up. I don't like to see someone honestly struggling so long with something.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

JackGriffin wrote:PM/email me what you need and I'll fix you up. I don't like to see someone honestly struggling so long with something.
struggling, struggling, struggling ... by Years Jack :P
Hey, I was not here around last time. JackGriffin if You still interesing to help me with this small mutator I will be very grateful to You.

PM coming :)
Last edited by shockpl on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

ShaiHulud wrote:Apologies for misunderstanding, but your ambition is to update AntiTweak to support your modified weapon? I've changed AntiTweak a bit on our server to support the CTTree33 models (as an example):
...so I can selectively force AntiTweak to allow the different CTFFlag classes.
Almost, but no I wanted use/take a code from Antitweak and modfiy it to creat a tweakmutator, antitweak just block changed default properites of class and returns default value to original UT. I thought it will be easy to remake as tweak mode with tweak values, but if not maybe Jack will help me :)
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I got your message. I don't really get what you are wanting. The whole point of antitweak is to prevent client side setting of certain properties to anything other than defaults. If you want to allow changes to be made then just don't use any form of antitweak. It's pointless to allow changes part of the time, either it's something you allow or don't allow on your server.

Am I close in understanding you that you want a tweak that can be quietly turned on or off at the whim of the admin on the server?

If you are trying to catch someone then I'd suggest you log silently but it would really make me mad to be on a server and be allowed to do things as a client then come back later and be kicked/banned for doing that very same thing because some admin was done 'playing around' and silently turned it back on.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

JackGriffin wrote:I got your message. I don't really get what you are wanting. The whole point of antitweak is to prevent client side setting of certain properties to anything other than defaults. If you want to allow changes to be made then just don't use any form of antitweak. It's pointless to allow changes part of the time, either it's something you allow or don't allow on your server.

Am I close in understanding you that you want a tweak that can be quietly turned on or off at the whim of the admin on the server?

If you are trying to catch someone then I'd suggest you log silently but it would really make me mad to be on a server and be allowed to do things as a client then come back later and be kicked/banned for doing that very same thing because some admin was done 'playing around' and silently turned it back on.
Jack my english is bad so maybe I wrote wrong and You get me wrong ... about antytweak. I was just thinking should be more easy to take some part of code from antytweak, if not okey, no problemo. To prevent client side settings antytweak need to check if default properites of classes, if they have not been changed, so I was thinking this part can help to write here new default settings, just all, if not okey.

No, no , no. I can do that easy with my tweak now, without admin.

But its only for me, I want mutator tweak that will be for everybody on the server.

I was wrote post higher what I wanna at simple mutator what will change shock ball, shock combo, shock trail on the server with .ini global config:

foreach sp.AllActors(Class'Shockproj',sproj)
  {
    if ( (sproj.Owner != P) && (sproj.Owner != None) )
    {
      sproj.bMeshEnviroMap = True;
      sproj.Texture = None;
      sproj.DrawType = DT_Mesh;
      sproj.Mesh = LodMesh'Unrealshare.b1exp';
      sproj.Style = STY_Translucent;
      sproj.DrawScale = 2;
      sproj.AmbientGlow = 20;
      sproj.ScaleGlow = 4;
      sproj.FATNESS = 180;
      sproj.Texture = WetTexture'XFX.ionwave';
      sproj.bUnlit = True;
      sproj.LightHue = 155;
      sproj.LightSaturation = 72;
      sproj.LightRadius = 8;
      sproj.RotationRate.Pitch = 45345;
      sproj.RotationRate.Yaw = 33453;
      sproj.RotationRate.Roll = 63466;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Pitch = 23442;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Yaw = 34234;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Roll = 34234;
    }
  };
}
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

shockpl wrote: I was wrote post higher what I wanna at simple mutator what will change shock ball, shock combo, shock trail on the server with .ini global config:
You want a weapon mutator then.

Guys am I the only one not really understanding him?