weapons and projectile mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!

Re: antitweak as tweak

Postby papercoffee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 am

JackGriffin wrote:
shockpl wrote:I was wrote post higher what I wanna at simple mutator what will change shock ball, shock combo, shock trail on the server with .ini global config:

You want a weapon mutator then.

Guys am I the only one not really understanding him?

As it seems he want to prevent any other changes but the Shock Rifle one.

@shockpl
A weapon mod with normal anti tweak on your server would be much better ...from what I understand is your way to implement it very complicated and irritating. I think that's why people won't get what you mean and what you want.
Is your project supposed to be a server side mod or is it meant for the client?
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 9128
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: antitweak as tweak

Postby JackGriffin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 am

Yeah, do you really understand what you are doing when you "tweak" a client? In essence you are changing defaults on them without asking. If you set this on someone and they disconnect/crash/drop from the server without you resetting it then you could make changes to them that are persistent and unwelcome. We call this "antitweak" because it's not a good thing to be doing to your client, and it's even worse to be doing this as a server to clients without them giving explicit permission.

I've said this multiple times on this forum and others: making changes via tweaking (SET commands) is a terrible idea and unless you know *precisely* what you are doing you run the risk of really messing up your game.

If you want new and different projectiles then do it the way it's always been done: make a weapon mod.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: antitweak as tweak

Postby shockpl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am

papercoffee wrote:
JackGriffin wrote:
shockpl wrote:I was wrote post higher what I wanna at simple mutator what will change shock ball, shock combo, shock trail on the server with .ini global config:

You want a weapon mutator then.

Guys am I the only one not really understanding him?

As it seems he want to prevent any other changes but the Shock Rifle one.

@shockpl
A weapon mod with normal anti tweak on your server would be much better ...from what I understand is your way to implement it very complicated and irritating. I think that's why people won't get what you mean and what you want.
Is your project supposed to be a server side mod or is it meant for the client?


With shockrifle: ball, combo, beam was only a simple, I need more changes.

Ok forget about antitweak, no more antitweak word please, was bad idea to write word "antitweak" here.
Yea is more like a weapons and projectiles of weapons mutator/mod. Nah man should be more easy than to understand what I wanna do.
This project is server side for players on the server.

JackGriffin wrote:Yeah, do you really understand what you are doing when you "tweak" a client? In essence you are changing defaults on them without asking. If you set this on someone and they disconnect/crash/drop from the server without you resetting it then you could make changes to them that are persistent and unwelcome. We call this "antitweak" because it's not a good thing to be doing to your client, and it's even worse to be doing this as a server to clients without them giving explicit permission.

I've said this multiple times on this forum and others: making changes via tweaking (SET commands) is a terrible idea and unless you know *precisely* what you are doing you run the risk of really messing up your game.

If you want new and different projectiles then do it the way it's always been done: make a weapon mod.

Jack forget about "tweaking" a client, in this project I want to make mutator/mod server side for players in uscript/c++, without "tweak" and "SET" commands.
I dont want do it by "SET" commands, I've been doing it for years, I know *precisely* what is for what and I never destroyed my UT. I know many coders, they do not accept "tweak" and "SET" commands. Omg again the same, I know that. My fault, my english is bad, tragedy bad... FORGET ABOUT ANTITWEAK and VIA TWEAKING, please.

I "tweaked" it by years ( by "SET") and now I want (learn how can it be done in uscript) it as mutator for server side, for everyone on the server.
Yea Jack I want in this way, thats why im here, but I dont want create a new weapons, I just want to change existing weapons and projectiles (classes, as mutator/mod)

    here are all classes what I want to change:

    UT_eightball,ut_seekingrocket ,ut_grenade ,rocketmk2 ,RocketTrail, UTSmokeTrail ,LightSmokeTrail,
    UT_BlackSmoke ,UT_SpriteSmokePuff ,UT_SpriteBallExplosion ,ut_SPRITEBALLCHILD

    shockrifle,SHOCKPROJ ,SHOCKBEAM ,ut_comboring ,ut_ringexplosion4 ,shockriflewave

    pulsegun,pbolt, starterbolt, plasmasphere, plasmacap, plasmahit, plasmaeffect

    ut_flakcannon,utchunk, utchunk1, utchunk2 ,utchunk3, utchunk4, chunktrail, flakslug

    minigun2,mtracer, ut_shellcase, minishellcase

    ut_biorifle,bioglob, biosplash, ut_biogel

    ripper,razor2, Razor2Alt, RipperPulse

    IMPACTHAMMER, SNIPERRIFLE

    ut_shieldbelt, UT_ShieldBeltEffect, udamage, armor2, thighpads, UTTELEEFFECT

    ut_heavywallhiteffect, ut_lightwallhiteffect, ut_wallhit

    UT_BloodBurst, BloodSplaT, UT_BloodHit, UT_BloodPuff, UT_BloodDROP, UT_Blood2, UT_Blood

    Tmale1Carcass, Tmale2Carcass, TFemale1Carcass, TFemale2Carcass, TBossCarcass, TCowCarcass, Tmalebody

    ut_spark, ut_sparks
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

    here are the default properites of these classes what I want change on the server side ( in global .ini config ):

    mesh | drawscale | texture | skin | rotationrate | bunlit | bhidden | style | drawtype | lifespan | Fatness |
    | bMeshEnviroMap | muzzleflashscale | exptype | spriteanim | lighthue | lightradius | lightbrightness |
    | lighteffect | AltFireSound | ThirdPersonMesh | PlayerViewScale | PREPIVOT | Physics | MuzzleScale |
    | MuzzleFlashTexturebRotateToDesired | DesiredRotation | AltFireSound |


    combo: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/368343872801210368/385393467293040642/combo.png?width=909&height=523
    ball: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/368343872801210368/385393510687309824/ball.png?width=909&height=523
    .
shockpl
Average
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:25 am

Re: weapons and projectile mutator

Postby JackGriffin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Here's the majority of the work already done for you: http://www.moddb.com/mods/projectile-swapper

I went ahead and downloaded this mod and extracted/added source code for you:
ProjSwap.zip
(37.88 KiB) Downloaded 46 times


This is simple modmaking and you should be able to figure out what changes you want to make. If not we are all around and love to answer questions. BTW, I posted to the original author at ModDB informing him we were using his work like this. That's always a good idea and modders love to see their stuff get used.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: weapons and projectile mutator

Postby shockpl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 am

JackGriffin wrote:Here's the majority of the work already done for you: http://www.moddb.com/mods/projectile-swapper

I went ahead and downloaded this mod and extracted/added source code for you:
ProjSwap.zip


This is simple modmaking and you should be able to figure out what changes you want to make. If not we are all around and love to answer questions. BTW, I posted to the original author at ModDB informing him we were using his work like this. That's always a good idea and modders love to see their stuff get used.


Thanks, good thinking Jack, I found it maybe half year ago and tried to do something with it, but it does not work correctly. Some projectiles, they do not behave normally as in the original.
I dont want use in default properites value like "speed", I change only visual settings of classes. The most important thing for me is: this mutator must work with newnet ( I dont want create new weapons and projectiles, but only to change original weapons for newnet ). OK if You say its good to start, lets do it :)
If I can only please someone to help me with start of one weapon (for simple + remove value "speed" ) and this weapon projectiles.
Most important weapon for me is shock rifle.

shockball:
Code: Select all
{
      sproj.bMeshEnviroMap = True;
      sproj.Texture = None;
      sproj.DrawType = DT_Mesh;
      sproj.Mesh = LodMesh'Unrealshare.b1exp';
      sproj.Style = STY_Translucent;
      sproj.DrawScale = 2;
      sproj.AmbientGlow = 20;
      sproj.ScaleGlow = 4;
      sproj.FATNESS = 180;
      sproj.Texture = WetTexture'XFX.ionwave';
      sproj.bUnlit = True;
      sproj.LightHue = 155;
      sproj.LightSaturation = 72;
      sproj.LightRadius = 8;
      sproj.RotationRate.Pitch = 45345;
      sproj.RotationRate.Yaw = 33453;
      sproj.RotationRate.Roll = 63466;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Pitch = 23442;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Yaw = 34234;
      sproj.DesiredRotation.Roll = 34234;
    }
  };
}
shockpl
Average
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:25 am

Previous

Return to Mutators

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest