Multi mod server - can it work?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Multi mod server - can it work?

Post by papercoffee »

@Que
Put your server into your signature and just say that people can test it there.
We would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting everywhere your server IP.

For server advertisement and discussion post in
Servers
One thread for each server only.

And for introducing your community please post in
Clans and Community pages
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Sorted. Cheers.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Let me change a bit gear but sitting on-topic:
The new member Que earned my respect, he is showing interesting things, interest, support and this is how a community goes stronger and solid. What small thing I need to mention: in archive containing a toy perhaps a few words like a document would be appreciated.
I'll give a try to this thing but I need to know the mapVote class because I'm starting servers DIFFERENT. A Server-Actor is the master or things allowing map-vote to control a server-travel. Purpose was to get rid of what MapVoteLa13 is doing if you have two games called DeathMatchPlus out of stock and two customs like MonsterHunt which are different. MapVoteLA types always need to control the map-switch unless they load random things or old things history based instead of a real random map AT SERVER-START loading wrong mutators - MH2 Mutators for MH or MH mutators for MH2. This happened multiple times and that's why I did a research and now I can use that one for doing even multi-servers without problems at starting moment.
In other hand, Chamberly is right: People are playing a favorite game not everything, 30 game-types loaded are not what common player wants. So to speak what is too much it's... too much.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:11 pm Let me change a bit gear but sitting on-topic:
The new member Que earned my respect, he is showing interesting things, interest, support and this is how a community goes stronger and solid.
:tu:
What small thing I need to mention: in archive containing a toy perhaps a few words like a document would be appreciated.
I'll give a try to this thing but I need to know the mapVote class because I'm starting servers DIFFERENT.
I will create a Topic for MVX shortly and release the Beta for Public testing.
for now though see the Spoiler in this toppic for more information including Class Name: MapVoteX105r.MapVoteX also the Server MUST Start using the DM-Tutorial.unr Map!
Leave this Map and CityTex and Entry.unr in the Maps folder , all other Maps can goto their own folder.
MVX can only see upto 500 Maps per folder. So if you have 2000 Monsterhunt Maps then you need to think of a Good Naming Convention
for CustomGame[x] Names.. They must all be different.. the GameNames"" else there will be problems.
example Gametypes:
MH [0-500]
MH [500-1000]
MH [1000-1500]
MH [1500-2000]

*We may extend this to 1000+ after we have seen what 469 patch can do.
maybe even 2000-3000
but we need a few things sorted first like for example Searching Function and Filters.. which is in the works for Next Year.

A Server-Actor is the master or things allowing map-vote to control a server-travel. Purpose was to get rid of what MapVoteLa13 is doing if you have two games called DeathMatchPlus out of stock and two customs like MonsterHunt which are different. MapVoteLA types always need to control the map-switch unless they load random things or old things history based instead of a real random map AT SERVER-START loading wrong mutators - MH2 Mutators for MH or MH mutators for MH2. This happened multiple times and that's why I did a research and now I can use that one for doing even multi-servers without problems at starting moment.
Dont really understand bro but.. here is how MVX works;
When Server Starts up for first time , it detects DM-Tutorial.unr and Tells MVX to take control.
MVX can have upto 100 CustomGame Configurations including Full control of All Server Actors/Packages/Mutators & Settings for each individual GameType.
Notice all the Maps in the Window on the Left?
Those are all the Maps for [1] Gametype which is faded out in the GameTypes Menu on the Right.
in this Case .. 20th Anniversary Contest DM Maps.
In other hand, Chamberly is right: People are playing a favorite game not everything, 30 game-types loaded are not what common player wants. So to speak what is too much it's... too much.
With MVX you can set the Default GameType for whenever Players join server.. so I have currently 24 GameTypes installed.
But the default one is set to current mapping contest.

hope that helps .. I'll go Make a little Post for MVX.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers