I have installed it this in a private MH environment for figuring what's the deal. It's a deal... until at a moment. I went to bring back from trash-box some old maps which I was planing to patch. Surprise -> Not only my client side for patching was pretty bugged for some reason - that was the only map doing this with a bit lagged start area but this mutator was like he went away, nothing seen on HUD like in usual case. First measure was to setup all new functions as final ones - I don't think it will need a child mutator but perhaps rewriting it, final functions are not allowing rewriting them in a child class - not this case; and then increasing net priority of this mutator (changed) and for patch file toward client stuff. They started working except some default assets, MonsterShadow was entirely missing proving that something its not nice in that map - map has less monsters but probably around 2000+ actors and then... I did not see any help by decreasing net usage for non-pawns and non-mover stuff. Now I'm sitting down to think what sort of miserable works were done by some guys pretending that they know more about Unreal Engine 1. Seriously I did not have a bigger deception. After adding Bot support in run-time, as usual in a supposed map with Bot Support I can see things crapped up and even such smarty mutators are f...ed up by Level itself. By accelerating one side, might affect the other side (internal level's things) going to broken stuff.
This mutator looks really interesting as the concept, too bad that we do have maps entirely USELESS and/or less useful.
Kelly told me a few yeas ago in a private chat: "....censored content...." - the old man was right. Respect for <dot> and for <Kelly>. Mutator will be used but... not for all MH craps "aka maps" spread around...
And those "mappers" figuring that Barbie is fixing maps and feeling disturbed, don't ask why, unless you want some tutorials to not say other things. Aside - these Assets/Mutators are working in ALL my MH cubed Editor productions .
If you have problems with this mutator, describe them clearly. Where does not work, what does not work, in what conditions.
What was expected, what happened, how to reproduce the problem.
If the problem is in conflict with other mutators, I can try to force this mutator first to eliminate the influence of other mutators.
Additionally, you can recheck these settings periodically by restoring them. But here you can get a "fight" mutators for the first place, if somehow another mutator is doing the same.
For the rest, there should be no conflicts. PRI does not correspond with this mutator.
However, this mutator relies on constant PRI, so that it is constantly changed, then problems can occur. If once, then there should be no problems.
- Posts: 9638
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
- Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
- Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Neither do sektor.dot wrote:Wow. I understood almost nothing. I do not know much English.
But as far as I understand do he like your mutator as an idea but some maps will screw it up.
When he speaks about "crap" does he mean maps. It's is own way to tell that a map is a failure.
These walls-of-text with sektor jibberish does not interest nobody i assume.
Shorter replies with actual replies on the actual questions would be better right.
New users asking normal questions get to see these sektortxtwalls.
All those which were not testing this in X maps will say the same... until something will show up...iSenSe wrote:New users asking normal questions get to see these sektortxtwalls.
All right, back to <dot>
I've increased NetPriority to "4.000000" (in a renamed version DmgTimer) for having this type of mutator working in some map by Rex and War_Master.
Now keep getting some hits by "sektortxtwalls"... Yeah, I'm speaking perfectly Alien languages (during sleep or when I'm drunk).
I do not load such a "map" = TRASH = CRAP = LAB-Junk in a public ground (for evidences) with mutator and proving that I can do a server which won't work properly, but... maybe testing the modified one would be good... after finishing other tests planned. So far I could see funky things in my private server with initial mutator. As for other external uninterested readers excepting author, don't read my posts, there is an option called "foes list" - add me there and keep sleeping, I thought that an extended feed-back it's expected/welcomed because I wasted some time here doing tests with seriosity, if not, I'll keep it for me and doing changes without public debates.
Note: I have to admit that in said map I depleted some client stuff having network at 4-6 kb/s during a relaxed game time, it's what I did in other maps too with the same mutators chained. I suspect an initial replication load due to map content making stuff with less priority to be discarded, or map has something evil inside...
https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/ ... vancy.html
- Actor - 1.0
- Inventory - 1.4
- MatineeActor - 2.7
- Pawn - 3 for possessed pawns, 2 for unpossessed (ambient) pawns
- Pickup - 1.4
- PlayerController - 3.0
- Projectile - 2.5
- Vehicle - 3 for driven vehicles, 1 for undriven vehicles
That change can produce lags for usual case, when NetPriority is a normal.
Now I can setup a few images because this map and other one found are samples about How to not make Bot Support in MH. Such things are not written nowhere because MonsterHunt has a bit of changes in finding a goal which is not 100% compatible with other stock game-types and tutorials are explaining nothing here even sampling bad Levels as a How To.