Does exist this specific mutator for CTF?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
darksonny
Adept

Does exist this specific mutator for CTF?

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
Im wondering if in ut goty anybody have done a mutator for ctf that imitates smoke-arrow (or similar to this) colored in blue/red telling you where you go correctly to the enemy flagbase? like in ut2k4, you press a key for red/blue beam to tell blue player where are you going to get the red/blue base and vice versa.

Do anybody know about this idea or mutator (if done obviously...)?
Thanks
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Does exist this specific mutator for CTF?

Post by papercoffee »

I only know about a compass which points into the direction of the enemies flag-base. Or when the flag is taken it points to that direction.
But only the opponent's flag your own isn't shown.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

I'm not familiar with this - from your description, it sounds like a coloured smoke trail that you can follow through the map, and leads to either your own base, or the enemy base? That sounds quite interesting.

The Japanese UT server called usi goya' [Hub Server] at 218.229.158.35 has some innovative features, including a HUD mutator that displays the flag locations:

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Pointing direction in a CTF map complex like a Maze won't help at all - Where should I go ? - it's the question. A tool using paths it's not done yet probably because plain UT it's crashing in certain maps while you are scanning paths because of... EPIC themselves - it's one of problems which I had to solve in my custom games having Flag seeking feature natively embedded for testing Bot Support.
In exchange XC Servers might support such a mutator for whoever wants to write one and is a good designer for making visible internal routecache points which every single UT pawn has - human pawn included.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

At first I was thinking JailBreak. Then a CTF with arrows? I don't know if I've seen that in ut99 or not but hmm.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

ShaiHulud wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:44 am I'm not familiar with this - from your description, it sounds like a coloured smoke trail that you can follow through the map, and leads to either your own base, or the enemy base? That sounds quite interesting.

The Japanese UT server called usi goya' [Hub Server] at 218.229.158.35 has some innovative features, including a HUD mutator that displays the flag locations:

Hi
Yes that is what im lookin' for, I entered that ip server and downloaded the current muts with utcache3 but...i dont know if Im doing something wrong to find out what mut is I got these files (I dont think here arent the mut Im looking for):
CountryFlags2.utx
HubGameMap.unr
MapVoteGE_Resources201701140000.u
MapVoteGE_v118_C.u
usi_goya_mapvote_logo20150402.utx

Chamberly, its very similar to what you saw in JB but only for ut2k4's vctf or ctf alike

Edited: I tested the smartctf4 mut but only shows by toggleing a key match data not that flag that shaihulud posted earlier (that little blue flag in middle of the image). I cannot remember the exact name of that mut. I recall somewhere in ctf servers I had seen this before. :what:
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Did you (darksonny) receive the "GustUTPlus..." files from this server too? I'm not certain, but I think that's where I received them from. A quick look inside the one called "GustUTPlusV151b86C.u" shows functions like: "DrawCTFFlagLocation" which looks pretty likely. That .u file also contains references to Ferbotz - so are these files something that Higor created? Or has the server author created this as bespoke mutators? I'm not sure at the moment.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

ShaiHulud wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 am Did you (darksonny) receive the "GustUTPlus..." files from this server too? I'm not certain, but I think that's where I received them from. A quick look inside the one called "GustUTPlusV151b86C.u" shows functions like: "DrawCTFFlagLocation" which looks pretty likely. That .u file also contains references to Ferbotz - so are these files something that Higor created? Or has the server author created this as bespoke mutators? I'm not sure at the moment.
Nope, I didn't get that file right now

Edit: I loaded a ctf map and finally I could see that flag like the screenshot you posted earlier, but I think these files should be used only in serverside cos I cant see in my game nor isn't loaded via mutator ut config window. Im missing something here, Should I manage the ut.ini somewhere to be seen inside game? I dont have any txt with instructions about how to run this mut

These are the files:

CountryFlags3.utx
DemoFixV106.u
DokuoFlags20110521.u
GustUTPlusV148Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b07Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b58Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b65Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b82Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b85Resources.u
GustUTPlusV151b86C.u
GUTPlusSPAHelperV103.u
HubGameMap.unr
HUDMutatorFixV113.u
KickIdlePlayers2.u
NewNetGE_Common_201701200000.u
NewNetGE_V106_Client.u
NewNetGE_V106_ClientVA201805180000.u
NewNetGE_V106_Weapon.u
RespawnControllerV106.u
SPCommandMutatorV100.u
TeamBeacon2k4.u
usi_goya_mapvote_logo20150402.utx
UT3WeaponStayMutatorV122.u
VA201805180000.u
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Gust may use something that is set up to use with Ferbotz. However, Gust is known to make use of anything.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Chamberly wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:33 am Gust may use something that is set up to use with Ferbotz. However, Gust is known to make use of anything.
I would like to contact him but their server does not give much info about him, email or website or anything....I will check out again this evening-night If luckily I get some info about him and his mut.
Ferbotz is some kind of bot manager, right?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Gust is on here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6618

Learn more about ferbotz here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3805
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Actually I saw this and it reminds me of this page... https://www.moddb.com/mods/hudradar/ima ... s#imagebox

Maybe it's getting close enough?
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hi chamberly I sent an email to gust still awaiting for any answer to my request ...Aobut hudradar you provided here is a nice mut, medor suggested me this same mut, not as appears in the preview screenshot (arrows) this mut tells you (if is not the dom gametype) how far is the enemy base (I think it measures as meters dunno...). Not bad it serves well to locate the flagbase. Only I find this mut a bit distracting when you have to target sometimes you eyes to the left side to see where are you.

Despite is no waht Im lookin for exactly anyway I added it to my collection (thank you Chamb and medor)
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Done! for those who plays ctf this is the mut thanks guts for providing a link to this mut!
FlagRaderGE_V100.7z
(73.7 KiB) Downloaded 54 times