"News" mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
3itch_fi
Novice

"News" mutator

Post by 3itch_fi »

Hi, Anyone know if there is a mutator to change the server that server browser news section connects to.
I tried to look in to Ubrowser.u and UTbrowser.u but could not find where the server is defined. I was able to make this work for myself with a HOST file change.

Results should look something like this.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: "News" mutator

Post by sektor2111 »

"News" it's client side - I would not appreciate the server screwing my configuration as long as I have my own address defined in U..T..ini file, because these... are not shown in UT but configuration it's being read if exists. It's the same as favorites servers, and then if a server is bitching at me I'll set these INI files read-only...
3itch_fi
Novice

Post by 3itch_fi »

the game I'm running is tactical ops and it does not seem to have this set in INI. Is there any mutator out there which I could use to display server rules for players?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I have to repeat: These settings do not exist in the INI files by default, they are not even documented, the entries must be edited by the user/player.
The XBrowser mode or as it is called, takes control of this section by setting up its own webpage that if blocked by the user in a firewall nothing is visible anymore. One of the reasons I don't use that browser is exactly that - I want to see the "news" page on my server, not the others, without leaving my footprints in their logs.
3itch_fi wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:02 pm Is there any mutator out there which I could use to display server rules for players?
I didn't play TO, but if a MapVote LA type mutator is used, it has a ServerInfo section where you can configure the access of a simple web page outside shown in game, and there can be written many lines/rules - which some players read, and others don't care.
I am convinced that there are other types of mutators that appear for a while with the open rules on screen, I do not know if they are compatible with TO and what kind of names they have. There is also that mutator with a specific logo. The texture used as a logo may include some rules.

Edit: Examples of entries added to my INI file from the client game

Code: Select all

[UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerAddress=............duckdns.org //Out of sight for Robots
UpdateServerPort=80
UpdateServerTimeout=5
[UBrowser.UBrowserServerPing]
MaxBindAttempts=8
BindRetryTime=10
PingTimeout=5
bUseMapName=False

[UBrowser.UBrowserServerList]