NivenHit - demo compilation prototype

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
sektor2111
Godlike

NivenHit - demo compilation prototype

Post by sektor2111 »

Like I specified in the thread with regard to UT469 update and requirements for removing useless restrictions and doing some fixes and features, I'm sampling a mutator capable to ruin doors from stock UT map CTF-Niven daily or in certain configured day of week. Here some reachSpecs are removed because... they disturbed my Bots... Source-code is there if you want to try some stunts... This is proving that certain constants passed during compiling process won't cause damage when job is done properly.
NivenHit.zip
I should call it Happy Hooligan... But you have the INT...
(128.27 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Edit: No panic, this is not editing your stock map, but will change things during run-time - like a common mutator. File integrity stays original.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: NivenHit - demo compilation prototype

Post by papercoffee »

Interesting.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Maybe it would be more interesting if this "mutator" will be integrated in a patch plugin for NavAdder. Plugin is loaded, plugin is looking for mutator if exist in system whatever U files path, if mutator is found will operate minimal tweaks if something else is needed for that map and will do a Package-Mapping automated. If mutator is not found, will do paths tweaking inside doing what mutator does - except doors attack, these won't have direct references just testing presence and using if it's available. If it's used only as permanent CTF mutator will have no use outside of CTF-Niven map. And btw... map has a light deleted but lightning was not rebuild, map having reference to deleted Light118, lol:

Code: Select all

Warning: trying to archive deleted object: Light118
As a technical question aimed at experts: Is this possible to be brought back in stage somehow ? Where is this stored and in which format ?
This map do seems another experiment named in similar way with words "Experimental Lab", AvgAItime value stored in LevelInfo is -0.000000 - this is evidence that drinking and mapping in the same time was never good... or this was exactly the experiment in cause... UT_FlakCannon has no ammo in here out of DMMutator...

Edit: My Bad, there are more deleted objects and map not rebuild:

Code: Select all

PathNode58
Light128
Light43
Ahem, I was able to recover Light118 but... I don't think I can bring it back in run-time...
Edit2: And missing PathNode58 has a path[0]=359 referenced and it is referenced in PathNode59 as RouteCache, which exist in map. Now I'm curious to find what does that means reachSpec 359... Why I'm not surprised about dumb Bots at random ?
Edit3: Phew !
ReachSpec 359 means:
MrGarbage wrote: =359 Start=PathNode56 End=PathNode51 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=287
This deleted node actually has only crap inside as "awesome" as it is "archived ?", map being saved without rebuilding changes. I think it needs patched and Paths[X] from PathNode56 has to be loaded with reachSpec 359 as upstreamPath[x] from PathNode51 needs this reachSpec too...
Edit4: I got it, Number 359 is a pruned one located in PathNode56 - referenced by a deleted PathNode located nearby the other Base... :confused2:

Anyway... I found how to hunt ALL reachspecs from a map, because some maps have more reachspecs than referenced in navigation network, the real number... For now, I can keep for me what I found - I don't want to awake a storm...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Question: Do you think it would be the time for another hooligan toy ? Or not ?
Perhaps we can ruin all AssaultRandomizer spam trash out when Assault game doesn't exist and causing this to spread junks in logs being entirely with no purpose out of Assault and without to affect default required navigation. Of course I'm talking about original UT and not other stuff doing tweaks more easy.
What do you think ? Is it possible to have that spam removed and DM/CTF game unaffected by this Assault thing ?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:00 pmQuestion: Do you think it would be the time for another hooligan toy? Or not?
Variation on a theme: There's a mutator called ExplosiveMode, where if you gib anybody they explode like a redeemer blast, killing whoever killed them too. It also launches a redeemer at anyone that gets a head shot.

So for those that complain about members of their own team killing them, howabout making something that causes a player to shrink really small (variation on the old ShrinkRayGun mutator) if they're a Team Killer.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This it's not what I was asking, so I take this as a NO. Okay.